It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli troops reach the Litani River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hopefully Israel can accomplish all their objectives before the cease fire is enacted. This however, will not bring lasting peace as history has shown with similar arrangements. Peace only comes with total military victory, also evident in history.

Israeli troops reach the Litani River

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi,im new here and i just had to join to say that you obviously are not educated about the situation in The Middle East.
The Israeli military has been Occupying These areas for the past 37 years and to put it blunt the Arabs are simply *angry* and tired of having to see the effects of this Illegal and brutal occupation of thier lands.
Homes being destroyed, sometimes with people and little kids still inside them to set way for Isreali settlements that do not allow non-jewish people to live.
The Arabs are simply fighting back and yet they get called terrorists when really the only people to blame for all this hatred against Israel is Israel.

Edit: I would just like to add i am in no way a Jewish basher im just stating what i see happening.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Budsmoka]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Budsmoka
Hi,im new here and i just had to join to say that you obviously are not educated about the situation in The Middle East.
The Israeli military has been Occupying These areas for the past 37 years and to put it blunt the Arabs are simply *angry* and tired of having to see the effects of this Illegal and brutal occupation of thier lands.
Homes being destroyed, sometimes with people and little kids still inside them to set way for Isreali settlements that do not allow non-jewish people to live.
The Arabs are simply fighting back and yet they get called terrorists when really the only people to blame for all this hatred against Israel is Israel.

Edit: I would just like to add i am in no way a Jewish basher im just stating what i see happening.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by Budsmoka]

I'm not educated about the situation in the middle east? Pull up a chair and listen closely for I am about to educate on the situation in the middle east.

For of all, Israel did not invade Lebanon until March 14, 1978. Thats only 28 year, not the 37 years you are claiming. The Israeli impetus behind the invasion of Lebanon was prompted by none other than Palistinian militants crossing the border from Lebanon into Israel, not the other way around. Later in 1978 the Israeli's pulled out of Lebanon in accordance with United Nations Resolutions 425 and 426. Those two resolution called for the pullout of Israeli troops, removing the Palestinian terroists, and setting up a "buffer zone" in southern Lebanon consisting of international peace-keepers. Again, so much for your 37 year occupation.

The second Israeli invasion of Lebanon took place place on June 6th 1982 and finalized a withdrawl in 1985 with the exception of a buffer zone to qwell any additional terrorist incursions. As of early 2000, Israel Pulled out of southern Lebanon of a small area called Shebaa Farms. The United Nations agrees that Shebaa Farms is not part of Lebanon and therefore, is not occupied territory. Israel, according to the United Nations, Has not occupied any part of Lebanon since June 16th, 2000. Those times when Israel did invade and occupy Lebanon was is responce to muslim aggression toward Israel.

Since you don't have your facts straight you can read about it here:

Lebanon

Just scroll down till you see the table of contents, find the 1.3.2 Syrian intervention and consequent occupation of Lebanon link and click. Read down to: End of the military war, continuation of the Syrian occupation.

[edited quoted content]

[edit on 8/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i think that the israelis are really doing a horrible thing

they should be working in conjunction with the lebanese government to whipe out this militant organization

if the minute men became an incredibly distorted version of their original selves and starting firing rockets into mexico, wouldn't we want mexico to not just come in and invade our country to whipe them out. we'd want to be asked for consent

monger, what would be israel's "total military victory" and what are their goals?

new topics

top topics

join