It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranormal peoples... all single?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Are we all single, or does everybody just put single in their profile. (Or, maybe the word single is just on all of our posts for no reason?)

Being newly single myself (only just over a week) - the word really stands out to me now. lol

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
LoL nice paranormal topic

Yes I've been single now for two years.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i have you both beat...
been single for six years and lovin it.
you might say i am a confirmed bachelor.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Best way mate tbh...live life a little. Dunno how old you are but you don't wana be tied down. I've been engaged...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm single, never been with anyone,and it's because I don't
see the point, and have no need.

And if you mean on the top of the posts, where it says single,
it does'nt mean your marital status, you click on it to get a
printer friendly version of that single post.

[edit on 8/11/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
lol
Well... It could be a side effect of being of the paranormal mind. You never know

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
iv been married for sixteen years and mine says single i dont know what it means.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not me, I have an understanding husband. I must say though, it took me a while to figure out what kind of partner I would really be happy with. I think our judgment is scued a bit because of our big hearts.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I think our judgment is scued a bit because of our big hearts.

Heh, too true.

I married someone with a bunch of problems (bipolar, ocd, raised in a cult), and she left me to go back to the cult. I guess I'm just a sucker for those in need. Plus I've got a big heart and get attached too easily.

It's been two years since and I haven't dated. I'm afraid to now because I know how easy it is to get attached.

Besides, us paranormal types are a special breed.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Not me, I have an understanding husband. I must say though, it took me a while to figure out what kind of partner I would really be happy with. I think our judgment is scued a bit because of our big hearts.

You can say that again. And I always let my heart get me in too deep. People fall in love way too fast, then I don't have the heart to back out - I don't want to hurt feelings. So this marriage lasted almost 20 years. (We still live together and are 'together', just not married anymore)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nope Angela,
I just don't know how to change it. When I look around in member center I can't find an option.
WIS

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
lol
And here I thought I was on to something. LOL!

It seems like those few I know who are 'of minded' are wonderful in relationships, their parteners tend to be very happy - by they are bogged down big time when married and often find themselves with the x after divorce. (I think it's the spouces control that cages their ability to help others when they feel the need that spurs on the problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
tbh why all this marriage ?!! If ur happy together 4 life, why marry ? Just 4 the forms and certificate ? I dunno.,........

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, I've seen alot of people happy unmarried then miserable married. I think it's a control issues on the part of the 'controling party'.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Actually, single in our posts does not refer to marriage status. Click the link and you will see it simply links you to a page where it shows that paticular post by itself. hence, a single post.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
LOL! Well aren't you the wise one. Too funny. Usualy I do all the 'checking the link' kind of stuff... I guess I was so happy to finaly be single, that I decided to take it for what I wanted. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Been in a 1 year relationship. She follows the new-age path and I the occult. In-directly she is also my pupil which leads to interesting discussions and situations at times. We have plans on moving in together and having a 4 room house with 2 kittens and a tempel room for my ritual/study work.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I've been married a few times, always to people who declared themselves 'sceptics'. Interestingly, they invariably turned out to be natural psychics, much to their astonishment and sometimes disgust.

For example, during the early years of our marriage, my first husband (we've remarried) awoke suddenly at around four in the morning. He sat upright in bed, which awoke me. He stared at me in confusion for a few minutes, during which we tried to work out why we were awake. We were exhausted actually, because we had two month old twins and had just managed to get to sleep. Finally, my husband suggested that seeing as we were awake, we might as well have a cup of tea, which was a bit odd, coming from him. Nevertheless I followed him into the kitchen and made tea. Within minutes, we heard frantic banging at the door. It was my husband's sister, in semi-hysterics, to say their father had just died suddenly. He was not ill. His death was a complete shock. Ever since, my husband has claimed that both he and I awoke at the same time, at the moment of his father's death. The truth is of course .. HE awoke. HE sensed his father's passing, not I. But my husband doesn't 'believe' in psychic phenomena you see, so he refuses to acknowledge his own sensitivity.

Three or four days after his father's death, my husband (who had been taking out the rubbish after dark) came inside wearing a strange expression. Preoccupied with the babies, I absently asked him if anything was wrong. He replied: " I just saw Dad ". Absorbed in what I was doing, I replied along the lines of: " Oh yes? How is he? What did he want? ". My husband replied tensely: " I SAID ... I just saw Dad ". And again I replied absent mindedly along the same lines. I had completely forgotten for the moment that his father had died. Finally, something made me look up. My husband had a very odd expression on his face. This forced me to snap out of my baby-absorbed frame of mind and to quickly re-run our brief conversation. At which point, I REALIZED ! Omg -- his father just DIED -- how COULD he have seen his father ????

But, not wanting to upset my husband, I decided to behave as if seeing his dead father was perfectly normal. So I asked my husband what had transpired. He replied that as he was emptying the rubbish-bin, his father had appeared before him in the dark. I asked how his father had 'looked', and my husband replied he'd looked perfectly normal. He said his father had been standing there, not far from him, dressed as usual. I asked what the old man had wanted and my husband said his father had tried to speak to him. So I asked what the old man had said. At that point, my husband glared at me as if I were insane and barked at me that he hadn't stayed around to hear what his father had to say. Instead, my husband had bolted very quickly into the house, to where I was tending the babies. I don't know if he's ever regretted not speaking to his father, because by the time we remarried, several years later, he denied knowing anything about seeing his father's ghost. When I told our adult children about it, my husband listened intently with a quizzical smile on his face, as if he were hearing about the incident for the first time. He's done this in relation to other psychic phenomena involving himself. He simply wipes it from his memory, because it doesn't conform with Life as he prefers it.

A few years ago, he saw the ghost of a woman, standing in the middle of a deserted road, after midnight. He described her as wearing a red party dress and carrying her shoes in her hand. She was twirling around, head thrown back, in a private dance of her own. My husband was so startled and worried about her, that he immediately did a U-turn. Within those few seconds, she vanished. My husband knows that stretch of road very well. There were no side-streets or any other places she could have vanished into. He told the children and I about it as soon as he came home. He was fairly shaken. But one year later, when one of us asked him to recount the experience again, he stared in confusion and gave the impression he didn't know what we were referring to. He's the most naturally psychic person I've ever encountered, to the point we seriously believed for years that he must have the house bugged, because he seemed to know what we talked about in his absence. Now, we have just had to accept that the 'listening device' is his own mind .... even though he'd be disturbed and dismissive it anyone were to suggest that.

My second husband was also a dedicated 'sceptic' who always referred to psychic phenomena as 'rat-baggery': as a belief and pastime for low-brows and the intellectually-challenged. Yet he too was incredibly naturally psychic, although he denied any such suggestion. He therefore had a bit of a crisis when he was 'visted' by two tall, thin 'red men' in what he described as 'ski suit type outfits' in his bedroom, in the early hours of the morning. They scared the daylights out of him and caused him to put all the bedroom lights on and to pray fervently until dawn. The incident was so vivid and so shocking to him, that he was unable to deny it to himself, and felt compelled to tell me about it. The 'visitors' continued to harrass him for several months, apparently, although gradually he became quite fond of them. He said they no longer appeared 'red', and had now adopted a 'golden' appearance. By this stage, he had become secretive about his visitors and was reluctant to discuss them. This coincided, unfortunately, with a severe decline in his character.

Neighbours, friends, children, colleagues, even people on buses and in parks, have revealed their own psychic experiences. Sometimes it takes a bit of prompting. And quite often, paradoxically, a person will insist they 'don't believe in any of this stuff' at the same time as they recount their psychic experiences ! It's my opinion now that the majority of folk are 'psychic': that psychic ability is as natural as any other facet of our lives. It's just that some develop an interest in the paranormal and are willing, even anxious to discuss it, while others brush it aside or dismiss it as 'unworthy' of adult discussion. But it's not rare -- it's ordinary. Interesting though !

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Id love to have a relationship with someone whos into the paranormal etc... probably wont happen though.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
Id love to have a relationship with someone whos into the paranormal etc... probably wont happen though.

Nope - you've cursed yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join