It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian police arrests 40 after UK bomb plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Interesting follow-up on UK bomb plot...

(AGI) - Rome, Aug. 11 - Forty people have been arrested between yesterday and today as part of special vigilance activity following the British anti-terrorism operation yesterday. Reports were from the Interior Ministry by way of a press release. Fourteen provinces were involved: Bari, Bologna, Cagliari, Catania, Florence, Genoa, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Reggio Calabria, Turin, Trieste, Venice and Rome. The operation, planned by the head department of police for prevention activities, in collaboration with the general command of the Carabineiri and that of the Financial Police, concerned Islamic centres, including call centres, Internet Points and Money Transfers. (AGI) -

Source

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You know I got a news alert via email on this but by the time I got home I can't find it anywhere at the site, this is the only article I've seen, and you think this would be big news.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You are right, it's not some big news...
it seems that massive police ('anti terror') raids are not uncommon in Italy. In fact, I'm starting to belive that this was actually nothing more then preventive action triggered by events in UK, in other words-nothing really important.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Duby78]

new topics

join