It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being abused at work HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I come here seeking help, looking for people with an open mind. You might write this off as Paranoia but please believe me, this IS happening...

From day one at work certain people have been concerned I was being groomed to take over their jobs. As a result they have done their best to manipulate others to dislike me.

Furthermore said people work behind me and everytime they walk past I get a sudden rush / dizziness which leaves me with an headache. I have tried turning around and glancing just as they walk past but all I see is them raise their hand as if they are throwing something at me. My muscles become very ridgid and my speech becomes slurred and my thought process is affected. I also become agitated and short tempered. I also become very tired and exhausted and feel weak and kind of submissive. I know something is going on but I never actually see anything other than them reaching into their pocket and doing an exagerated head scratch as if throwing something in my direction.

I've tried doing some research and to be honest it could be many things, poppers maybe, Nitrous oxide or I read about ethyl chlorate (an easy evaporating liquid that is used in sports medication as an anesthesia). I can't really prove anything so I feel foolish telling someone about this.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would be forever indebited.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.anxietypanic.com...

That being said, the internet is no replacement for being seen by a healthcare professional.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's possible that the stress of working with these people is affecting your health. I used to work with a lady who would get sick every time a certain co-worker came near. We used to say she was allergic to her.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree perhaps it's the stress of feeling like these people are gunning for you. If you allow people to have that kind of power over you then it will begin to affect you physically.

I liken it to walking past a bully in school. You know he is gunning for you so you break out into a sweat, get all flushed etc when you go by him. My point is is that you are presenting physical symptoms to their reaction to you.

That's just my point of view.

Either that or you live in Louisiana and someone threw some voodoo your way.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I know you're probably hoping to hear "They're casting spells at you and here's how you stop them."

(shrug)

It honestly sounds like anxiety attack. Classic symptoms. Considering it's a new job, unfamiliar environment, and you're being forced to sit with your back to unfriendly predators, it's a hell of a stress inducer.

Here's a few tips that will help:

1.) Attach rear-view mirrors to your monitor, preferably the curved kind that provide a wider arc. This will not only act as an early warning system if somene is approaching you from behind, but will also help you figure out if they really are trying to attack you.

2.) Flourescent lights suck. Get an incandescent (screw-in bulb) lamp, put it at your desk, and this will help remove the invisible strobing effect from those horrible tubes in the ceiling.

3.) Get a small plant, or a male betta in a glas, or possibly even a water tranquility fountain. All these things help east tension, which it sounds as if you are constantly experiencing.

If it turns out that, in point of fact, they actually -are- out to get you or whatever, then I suggest you take them aside one by one and try to make an ally out of them. As a last resort, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

-B

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i don't know if i'm going over the top here, but take a look at the following thread, without preconceived notions or fear.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

don't draw any premature conclusions, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
[edit on 8-12-2006 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I agree perhaps it's the stress of feeling like these people are gunning for you. If you allow people to have that kind of power over you then it will begin to affect you physically.

I liken it to walking past a bully in school. You know he is gunning for you so you break out into a sweat, get all flushed etc when you go by him. My point is is that you are presenting physical symptoms to their reaction to you.

That's just my point of view.

Either that or you live in Louisiana and someone threw some voodoo your way.
Voodoo isn't just a Louisiana thing. Go look to where Hatians migrate....oh, and some Jamacians too. Voodoo is in New York, too.
There are people who practice everywhere....they come out of the same hidyhole that most pop culture wiccans come from.

The msot confused person I ever met was a Voodoo/Buddhist "priest". Invited me to some little gathering. Never went because that mix was jsut too much to take. And we export "functional" voodoo dolls all over the place.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yep, take a Valium, breathe deeply and realize none of this really matters anyway.

That's what I do

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I know you're probably hoping to hear "They're casting spells at you and here's how you stop them."

Ok, I'll bite.

Let's say this is so. Find someone with enough power/belief in the good end of wiccain magic. Get them to do a binding spell.

Or...if you don't suspect anyone specifically, you could do what one of my friends does: FInd spells that don't hurt anyone, not likely to hurt you either.

SPELL TO AVERT EVIL
You will need:
* three small pine branches, a few feet in length (or three fern fronds)
The Spell:
To banish evil that has come, go into your garden at night.
Cut three small pine branches, a few feel long, or three fern fronds.
Circle your garden with these slowly and call forth all the powers and spirits of your garden
in whatever words feel good to you. Express your hurts and fears and ask for help from the
Earth Mother. Then "sweep" the house with these branches or fronds, pushing all the
dark energies out the front door forcefully, saying:
OUT! OUT! AVERT! AVERT! EVIL OUT IS-- ALHIZ! ALHIZ!
Throw the branches away, off your property.
BANISH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS
Draw a picture of yourself with the negative thoughts affecting you
(could be a black cloud, or your own interpretation of how they are affecting you).
Charge a red candle with healing energy, light it, and hold the tip of the picture in the flame.
After it's lit, drop it into the cauldron.
Now, with the red candle still burning, draw another picture of yourself without the negativity.
Place this under the red candle and let the candle burn out. You are done.
Here
Harmless "spells" are more easy to explain away.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
www.anxietypanic.com...

That being said, the internet is no replacement for being seen by a healthcare professional.

I agree -- it's pretty classic anxiety attacks.

We're all subconsciously aware of other people's attitudes that are communicated by posture and gesture -- BUT -- these are colored by our own beliefs. If you think someone's angry at you, you may perceive folded arms (waiting posture) as an anger/defense posture.

I think you should see about some temporary meds to help you relax. A lot of times, folks need a little something for a few weeks and then the situation resolves.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
U2u me for my Email address and I'll sot it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
U2u me for my Email address and I'll sort it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
www.anxietypanic.com...

I agree.

gHoSt6676 see a physician first.

However, Jeeez people, I don't know where all the voodoo and witchcraft stuff came from. Here is what she wrote?

Originally posted by gHoSt6676
...I have tried turning around and glancing just as they walk past but all I see is them raise their hand as if they are throwing something at me. My muscles become very ridgid and my speech becomes slurred and my thought process is affected. I also become agitated and short tempered. I also become very tired and exhausted and feel weak and kind of submissive. I know something is going on but I never actually see anything other than them reaching into their pocket and doing an exagerated head scratch as if throwing something in my direction.

It sounds like she is asking if some substance could cause these symptoms...

However unlikely, let's not ridicule this brand new member for asking a simple question.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Voodoo isn't just a Louisiana thing

Oh Geez! I know this! I was just throwing out a mini haha there. I could also elaborate on Hoodoo as well but it was just a joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Firstly , go to a Dr and get a prescription for some Valium, it will make their mental games on you feel sooooo unimportant!

Next, after you install your mirrors, invision yourself putting up a wall of protection around you for when they are throwing up their beams of energy. It is entirely possible for people "in the know" to control their energies enough to harm someone emotionally with it. Like, they think, "Zap her!", throw up their hands, release it (energy). act casually, walk on by, noone thinks a thing. YOU are left feeling like crap and thinking you are nuts again.

Counteract these pulses of energy with your own - you have them, you know. We all do.

You can send the energy to their reflection to block the one coming to you or you could just send them something really "cool" and they won't know who sent it at all.

Also, ask your guardians to please have a talk with the mean people's guardians and see what can be done. Pray about your problem, maybe you can sort something out of what you hear back.

Good luck. If you are interested in how to further recast their energy back on them, U2U me, I can help you.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You work with energy vampires. Not only are they jealous of you, and threatened by your prescence, they ZAP you of your energy when they're around.

Get out of there. You dont need a doctor. I've had a similar experience when i took a job a few years ago...I stayed as long as i could just to spite some people,
but they felt threatened by me because of the background i had.

You can get out- or stay and have some fun.
Make them miserable, let them think YOU want THEIR jobs...and let them know you want to be THE MAN/WOMAN

I'm evil, but i like amusement.
People nowadays are threatened without any cause at work. I hate it when that happens.

You could start being extra nice to them..like bringing them donuts and coffee once a week, see if that takes some of the heat off. Stay away from higher ups also. That could be seen as brown nosing.

Good luck...If none of these things work, wear garlic around your neck.

top topics

join