It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Voice of Reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I found a link to this article in Deviant Art's "Cedarseed's" Live Journal.

This is the link to the article:

Morality is not on our side.

There is a propaganda aspect to this war, and it involves a competition as to who is more miserable. Each side tries to persuade the world that it is more miserable. As in every propaganda campaign, the use of information is selective, distorted and self-righteous. If we want to base our information (or shall we call it propaganda?) policy on the assumption that the international environment is going to buy the dubious merchandise that we are selling, be it out of ignorance or hypocrisy, then fine. But in terms of our own national soul searching, we owe ourselves to confront the bitter truth - maybe we will win this conflict on the military field, maybe we will make some diplomatic gains, but on the moral plane, we have no advantage, and we have no special status.

If only the Israeli and Lebanese Government were run by men/women who think this way, neither side might have to suffer what it suffers today. These above words I consider words of Wisdom.

Also, visit Cedarseed's D.A. journal for a perspective on this war from a Lebanese artist who lives in Lebanon, and experienced the first days of this conflict first-hand. It is refreshing to finally hear it from someone who was actually there, who isn't a journalist, just a citizen. She also links to her live journal in one of her other entries on D.A. (make sure to read those too), just please try not to post to it and overwhelm her with comments if you don't have to. It looks like she's got enough replies to deal with as is.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You have voted 2manyquestions for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Excellent! This is so good and so true!

It is also appropriate to apply to the War on Terror between the US (and coalition forces) and the 'terrorists'. We, the US, hold no moral advantage... We use double standards and our memory is short-range and selective. Not to mention our distorted world view and our righteous self importance.

I apologize for applying this elsewhere, but I think it fits. I think it's all intertwined.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Excellent! This is so good and so true!

It is also appropriate to apply to the War on Terror between the US (and coalition forces) and the 'terrorists'. We, the US, hold no moral advantage... We use double standards and our memory is short-range and selective. Not to mention our distorted world view and our righteous self importance.

I apologize for applying this elsewhere, but I think it fits. I think it's all intertwined.

I think this could apply to just about ANY nation in the world.

I realize some members might be tempted to lead this thread in the anti------fill-in-the-blank-with-a-country-you-dislike direction (and I'm not saying that you, Benevolent Heretic, meant to do any such thing,
In fact you make a good point.)

I just want to give a fair warning to all members that I don't want this thread to turn into "the U.S., Israel, Lebanon, Hezbollah sucks" thread. My intent was to show that any side of a conflict is almost as innocent or guilty as the other. There is always another way,....(the non-violent way) to resolve problems, when both sides (not just one) can give and take a little equally.
Naive belief maybe,... but it is nice to dream once in a while. Let's keep in mind the people stuck in the middle.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by 2manyquestions]

top topics

join