It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway – The terrorist role model, hero, and…Collaborator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Apparently, terrorists look up to and respect George Galloway. Waheed Zaman, one of the men arrested in this weeks thwarted plot to blow up multiple airlines over the Atlantic, had met Galloway on numerous occasions says his sister. She says “He saw it as his duty to stand up for his community and that’s what led him to know George Galloway. He has a lot of respect for him and has met him many times.”

The article does not imply that Galloway is connected to terrorism. But how can we assume that he is not? After all he had made public statements saying that Blair should be executed. So why is it such a stretch that he wouldn’t support these terrorists in one fashion or another?

But at the very least he is a role model and possible hero to at least one terrorist who was caught about to murder many people, possibly in the thousands.

The Sun

TERROR suspect Waheed Zaman met controversial MP George Galloway many times, his sister said last night.

Safeena, 24, said of her 23-year-old brother: “He saw it as his duty to stand up for his community and that’s what led him to know George Galloway. He has a lot of respect for him and has met him many times.”

A spokesman for MP Galloway, above, said: “Waheed Zaman is not a name that George is familiar with. He is not known to him on a personal level.”

At the very least an investigation is warranted. After all, if this guy had visited me on many occasions prior to this plot, I am sure I would be approached by the authorities; Galloway should not be treated any differently.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is already a thread about his subject here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
ATSNN threads and regular threads are allowed to run at the same time.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
ATSNN threads and regular threads are allowed to run at the same time.

Oh, thats right. I forgot it was ATSNN. Sorry, my bad.

Anyway, I think it sounds like alot of BS to me. A political move to remove a very loud critic of the Blair government.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonderd how long it would take for someone to hype up George Galloway, as a Terroist Collbarator,

You should be on a comedy show of black adder, Why oh why is it goerge getting targetted, cause he has tbe bollocks to stand up to Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yeah amd I guess George Bush is a hero of a few other terroists for helping with this war Between Israel and Lebanon.

Double standards somewhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Im sorry, I maybe wouldnt have posted it even though its allowed.

But this will be insteresting to see here what people think who may not see the other thread.

Thanks

[edit on 11-8-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
I wonderd how long it would take for someone to hype up George Galloway, as a Terroist Collbarator,

You're late, ive been saying it for a year now!

And yes, everybody is a terrorist to somebody elseI am sure. But at least Bush and BLair arent meeting with active terrorists literally in the process of implimenting a massive attack that could have killed thousands of thier countrymen.

So your analogy is poor.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
skippy, Bush and Blair aren't meeting with terrorists. They ARE terrorists!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And yes, everybody is a terrorist to somebody elseI am sure. But at least Bush and BLair arent meeting with active terrorists literally in the process of implimenting a massive attack that could have killed thousands of thier countrymen.

Ums hang on Blair and Bush are the biggest terroists of them all

So your analogy is poor.

Ha ha I could say the exact same about yours. So your saying any one who has the bollocks to stand upto blair anf bush are Terroist Colaberators? Must mean Iim one too then eh

[edit on 11-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
You're late, ive been saying it for a year now!

And yes, everybody is a terrorist to somebody else am sure.

Well that is true but i at least understand where those who use terror to fight 'evil' comes from.

But at least Bush and BLair arent meeting with active terrorists literally in the process of implimenting a massive attack that could have killed thousands of thier countrymen.

So your analogy is poor.

They not only meet with them but support, bank role and defend them.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
and im sure some time in history and some places around the world terrorists look up at american leaders and polititions for their support

unlike blair and bush and other poltitcal leader he doesnt supply terrorists with arms.

as i said on the other topic atleast he has the guts to speak his mind and do it with no care

also link hang blair all for it (sure most of britain is now) since hes screwing this country up.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hey there bodrul, hows ye doin? Got a question for ya, with all this hype with this terroism plot dont ya hink that racial tensions between Communities in the UK are going to increase?

Knows they already are, but do ya hink it is only gonna get worse before it gets better?

Dont know if it was eright to post this or send ya the question in im's u2u or what its called
, (been here for months now still working this place out haha).

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Hey there bodrul, hows ye doin? Got a question for ya, with all this hype with this terroism plot dont ya hink that racial tensions between Communities in the UK are going to increase?

everything seems to be fine where i live (thats south east)
by the way im of bangladeshi orgion and never seem to have seen any tension in my work place and so forth,
even after 7/7

it prob will increase in some areas where there were tensions already
like 7/7 where there were isolated insidents of attacks on muslims by youths
so yea in some places it will

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

it prob will increase in some areas where there were tensions already
like 7/7 where there were isolated insidents of attacks on muslims by youths
so yea in some places it will

Yea, knows what your on about, Three guys up here, North Of the UK were convicted of an racial attack on an Asian guy. It is only gonna get worse in my opinion.

And BTW

The Jessica Alba Image is hot, She is one fine woman

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Apparently, terrorists look up to and respect George Galloway.

- What a ridiculous assertion skippy.

So, Galloway is damned because of some hearsay and invented opinion?

How do you - or The Sun - know what "terrorists" think of GG?
(it's just worth remembering that this guy is not yet convicted of anything and in any event he himself is not quoted anywhere in this 'article'.)

“He saw it as his duty to stand up for his community and that’s what led him to know George Galloway. He has a lot of respect for him and has met him many times.”

- That's nice and vague.
No indication that this might have - and given Galloway's spokesperson's comment it probably did - just mean he merely attended a public meeting or three.

The article does not imply that Galloway is connected to terrorism.

- You're damned right it doesn't.
The British press has grown tired of George taking them to the Highest Courts in the land & the cleaners every time they try that idiotic nonsense.

This is just the alternate tactic, 'guilt by innuendo'.

But how can we assume that he is not?

- How about by using our brains, by sticking to the facts and by not allowing ludicrous tabloid rags like 'The Sun' attempt to shape our assumptions for us.
(if you lived in the UK you might have a better idea of the dreadfully low esteem 'The Sun' is held in)

After all he had made public statements saying that Blair should be executed.

- No he did not.

He did no such thing.

That is simply not true.

(and you linked to a debate about this so how come you don't know that?)

He was talking about comparative morality.
He was asked a question and speculated upon the position of Tony Blair in respect of those killed due to the consequences of Tony Blair's orders and imagining and comparing that of a person who had assassinated TB whose loved ones were killed by those TB orders.

That is nothing like what you are trying to claim.

Actually he specifically said that he, GG, personally would be against such a thing happening and that if he knew of such a plot he would report those involved to the authorities.

So why is it such a stretch that he wouldn’t support these terrorists in one fashion or another?

- Given the falsehoods you have demonstrated here that you believe (in addition to your usual 'fare') it is no surprise that you prefer to believe this garbage.

But at the very least he is a role model and possible hero to at least one terrorist who was caught about to murder many people, possibly in the thousands.

- Well of course........and anyone else who ever stood up and said people should work, struggle or 'fight' for what is right could have their words twisted too.

It's is pathetic and such a transparent distortion of the truth for such obvious political ends.
Mind you seeing as how he has Royally gotten right up the noses of the right-wing in the UK & US it is no surprise that they will come after him with this kind of nonsense.

Galloway may be many things but to seriously claim he is a man that would intentionally incite anyone to violence, let alone conduct a terrorist campaign attempting to slaughter as many people as possible, is just an outright filthy and very cheap obvious lie.

Very interesting how you preferred to leave out the final line in the story, skippy.
How come?
Did it not fit the agenda?

The Sun

There is no suggestion Galloway is an associate of Zaman.

At the very least an investigation is warranted.

- What, because of some innuendo in 'The Sun'?!

That's laughable.....and illustrative of how much of a potentially dangerous nuisance some of the rabidly politically motivated are in this.

How could anyone be so short-sighted as to seriously propose the waste of precious resources some nutters propose, whether it be targeting 'all Muslims' or simply trying to 'get at' Galloway and chase up a tabloid story that is as light on substance as possible?!

After all, if this guy had visited me on many occasions prior to this plot, I am sure I would be approached by the authorities; Galloway should not be treated any differently.

- Once again you jump to all sorts of conclusions without a shred of fact whatsoever.

If Galloway knew this man I'm quite sure he would come forward himself and tell the Police what little he knew of him (but as we know from his spokesman he did not know him personally).

Jayzuss wept, loonies on one side and the dingbats on the other, it's a wonder the authorities have any man-power left to investigate anything.

Sorry to burst your bubble skippy but George Galloway has done nothing but talk about the politics of justice and equality all his life.
Not terrorism.

You might not agree with what he has to say but so what?
Freedom of thought and speech is supposed to be one of our 'corner-stones', right?

To try and contrive to pin 'terrorism' on him is just a lie.

In fact it's tantamount to an extension of the very attack upon 'freedom' we are supposed to be defending ourselves from in this so-called war against terrorists.

The funny thing in all of this is that I myself am no great fan of some of GG's politics but I can't abide to see the liars and fraudsters try and attack him with this kind of innuendo and lie.

Hopefully The Sun have screwed up and not tip-toed around this enough and that George has sufficient grounds to sue once again and take The Sun for a huge amount of damages.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You have voted sminkeypinkey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well done Sminkey Couldnt have said it better myself!!!!!!!

While me and you may have our disagreements on some issues this one is CLASSIC, Where I will agree withy ou 100%

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All the press in the UK seem to have their political agenda left or right, the Sun maybe one of the more obvious of the pack but very few of these publications tries to give a balanced veiw just twists the news to suit their politics.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by ubermunche]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Question:

When did The Sun become a serious source when it comes to politics?

I wouldn't listen to their views on terrorism or politics when they have topless girls on page 3 everyday

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They are certainly not a serious source but they do play the 21st C equivilant of bread and circuses to the masses, they tell a lot of people what they want to hear which is deppressing and worrisome.

On a personal level I find George Galloway about as trustworthy as a s**t house rat.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

When did The Sun become a serious source when it comes to politics?

Umms Never I read the Sun though LOL

I wouldn't listen to their views on terrorism or politics when they have topless girls on page 3 everyday

I never do, but them Page 3 Girls are hot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join