It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do in Miami?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm going to Miami in two weeks for a bit. Anyone have any recommendations on whats a 'must see'?

I am most interested in seeing the place called "the coral castle".

Hmm, dozens of clubs with latin women jumping around, and I'm interested in Coral Castle? I must be a geek or something!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The Coral Castle is really cool, but no matter how interested you are in it I doubt you'll spend all that much time there. If you are interested in going a little further south (Coral Castle is in Homestead, or maybe it's Florida City - but right around there) I'd highly reccomend John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo (way upper key) if you're into such things. Coral Castle is about mid-way between Pennekamp and Miami Int'l airport. You can catch a glass-bottom boat tour of the reef and shipwreck there, and there's also amazing diving/snorkeling. www.pennekamppark.com...

If you haven't been before I'd also reccomend an airboat tour in the everglades (it's not as far west and outside the city as it may look on the map.) Other than that, the Miami Metro zoo is huge and very nice, but you probably have a place to look at animals in cages in your hometown.

Usually when we get relatives visiting us from "up north" (I live in Pompano Beach, which is like a suburb of Fort Lauderdale to the north) we tell them to "go to the keys" - there is tons of weird stuff that people on ATS especially would be interested in down there. Hope I gave you an idea or two, enjoy your stay!

join