It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK our enemy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Cause they are American made and i believe they are stored on American bases in the UK

..i could be wrong though

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sorry..couldnt be bothered to read everyones reply to this post. So im skipping to the end. I just wanna get my bit in.

Im american, and Ive been living in the UK for 3 years. Now, can someone please shoot the original poster? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Cause they are American made and i believe they are stored on American bases in the UK

..i could be wrong though

Yes, very. We make our own nukes at Aldermaston (nr where I live) and the missiles are on board our nuclear submarines. We have full control over our nukes and it is a myth that the US has control over them.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

That said, we kicked arse with a ragtag fleet (The RN was woefully inadequate for the job) and a hastily assembled Task Force, so in the end, no massive help was needed and as stated above, none was really asked for.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to pin any blame on any country, just curious as to how NATO did nothing when the UK was attacked. It might be a collection of islands in the SA, but it is still part of the UK none the less.

[edit on 5/9/06 by stumason]

Of course you did.

And I agree with NATO being useless. it always has been. As a former military member myself serving in NATO, it was and is my belief the whole thing should have been disbanded after the cold war ended, and US troops sent home where they want to be anyway, and the EU left to handle its own problems.

To be fair, the US did what it could. it was in our interests to support you guys against the Argies, as Argentinia has given us grief too in the past. However, we had to do so discretely, for some reasons you mentioned. Besides, it looks better on you going at it alone. Makes you look much more kick ass and cool.

I am bothered that some US members think the UK is an enemy. Im an American living here. I like this, its my second home.

Although I suppose silly pissing contests are a fact of life here.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Inorrect I'm afraid we only have Trident nukes - all other nukes were dismantled and destroyed in '98.

We have the capability , mabye not the weapons but how hard is it to simply say "Hey france mind if we borrow a small nuke for say a while?"

Contingency plans for nuking Menwith Hill (and large parts of Yorkshire at the same time)

Do you have a source for that ????

Umm no why would I?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
theres always a british submarine out at sea (nuclear ready) at any moments notice!

as for people saying britain picking up our warheads from the US, okay then but say if that 'son of star wars' project ever comes in the UK, we'll just say its ours, afterall its now on british land so fcuk off

people are forgeting though, the atom was mainly british invention (tube alloys project) - it was only america who FIRSTLY put it together with help from many british scientists in the manhattan project.

our govenment at the time classed the atomic bomb as a joint invention but again the US said "screw you, we are not giving details of the atom to anyone!"

typical america though even to date (f-35 anyone?), never the less after the foreign secretary gave his great speech (1946):-

“We’ve got to have this thing over here whatever it costs and it's got to have the bloody Union Jack on top of it.”

we did our first nuclear test in 1950!

RECENTLY though the last i heard british scientists was ahead of america on a upgrade to the trident (numerous sources).

back to the thread though, "is UK our enemy?" ungreatful *BEEEEPS* someone i know lost his life for americas 'war for oil' program and you say WE are your enemies!

i wish we was, role on next year when blair is out - britain thoughout its history hasn't been bitch to any country, why start now with a dying superpower? - bring back the iron lady

[edit on 10-9-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Xphiles there's 1.6 million Muslims in the Uk and 5 million in the USA so what do you think. And you should not trust us Brits fighting wars and getting others to do it for us is what we do best weve been doing it for the last 500 hundred years and still nobody has noticed. The US has an agenda and so do we, we are often called the tail on the dog have you ever thought it could be the other way round, check your history and see who's really running your country.

And no I'm not mad but I'll give you a clue, dont you find it strange that most of your presidents including the existing one were/are related to the royal family. What are the odds that with a population of hundreds of millions you end up picking a person that is related to a UK blood line not once but at least 30 times. Another clue America was not just settled by the piss poor it was settled by rich and powerful Europeans, well they have not left America, they are the people who are running America today. Sorry to go off thread but I think its all relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join