It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand and Glorious Knights of the Creeping Serpent (GGKOCS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Something for your viewing pleasure;

In California there is a group which Grand Lodge has denounced. They have instructed members that they cannot be members of our Masonic Jurisdiction if they choose to join or remain members of this group. I am not quite sure of the exact name but it is similar to "Order of the Snakes." Someone on the list might know the exact name. We have rules and regulations and they should be followed.

-The source page above was on is not found but this is a paste of what was there.

email from GLOC:

Subject:

The Ancient Royal Order of the Knights of the Creeping Serpent or Grand and Glorious Order Knights of the Creeping Serpents

You have made inquiry to our Grand Lodge Office concerning the above group. At the present time, this group (which purports to have Masons as members) is clandestine as they have not complied with Section 15120 of the California Masonic Code which indicates that to be authorized to be a "Masonic Organization" the order must seek approval from the Grand Lodge at its Annual Communication, Both Past Grand Master David Doan and myself have sent letters to lodges which "may" have some of their members belonging to such an organization indicating same. Any Masonic Order that was properly organized and active in this Jurisdiction prior to Sept. 27, 1957 or which has subsequently been permitted to meet in this Jurisdiction by vote of the Grand Lodge can exist. However, to date this organization has not supplied to me or my predecessor any evidence that they have complied with this rule nor have they properly sought recognition from Grand Lodge to be organized.

I have not history on the Order except to note that they are active in the Philippines and also in the Grand Jurisdiction of Arizona (which will not allow a California Mason or a Mason residing in California to be initiated in the group). You have asked if the organization exists...I can only say that members of lodges who are having difficulty due to the secret nature of their membership roles inform me that they exist. However, until I see a roster I can not verify whether they do or not.

Yes, as far as I am concerned they are clandestine in accordance with the California Masonic Code and if any Mason in California attend their meetings or otherwise participate in any function, they can be subject to charges of unmasonic conduct.

I hope this answers some of your questions and it is the best I can do at this moment.

Fred Sorsabal

next email:
The "Snakes" is an organization composed of Masons, and does not legally operate in California. The term "clandestine" does not apply. No California Mason - nor any Mason living in California - can belong to an organization which requires Masonic membership unless the organization has been approved by vote of Grand Lodge. This organization has not been approved, and therefore California Masons - and any Masons living in California - cannot belong to it.

John L. Cooper III, Grand Secretary

next source: (not enough room to paste see link below)
www.glphils.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok.

So what exactly does this order believe in or practice anyway? Do you have any information on them? This is the first time Ive ever heard of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you aren't certain of their name, can you still be certain that they only accept masons as members? It seems that that is the crux of the matter for the grand lodge, that the snakes only accept masons, but haven't been reviewed by the lodge.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If you aren't certain of their name, can you still be certain that they only accept masons as members? It seems that that is the crux of the matter for the grand lodge, that the snakes only accept masons, but haven't been reviewed by the lodge.

The GGKOCS (sometimes called "the Snakes") is one of many so-called "fun" degrees. The ritual is made up nonsense and pretty juvenile (much like the Shrine "Hot Sands" used to be before lawyers got involved)
This "order" (for lack of better word was getting pretty popular in California among Masons until the Grand Lodge stepped in and stopped their members from (openly) joining. There are numerous such degrees, some more "recognized" than others like the Order of the Sword of Bunker Hill. It has some dangerous aspects to it's initiation rites and was outlawed by a few state Grand Lodges (Kentucky comes to mind) I know several people in Kentucky who've come to Illinois, Indiana or Missouri to receive the so-called "degree"

At one time there was one called the "Yellow Dog Degree" and there's still one in Kentucky called "The Horse Traders" Degree. All of them give money to charity and have fun at the new-comers expense. It is all in good fun, but they sometimes get carried away with the tomfoolery.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AppakThere are numerous such degrees, some more "recognized" than others like the Order of the Sword of Bunker Hill. It has some dangerous aspects to it's initiation rites and was outlawed by a few state Grand Lodges (Kentucky comes to mind) I know several people in Kentucky who've come to Illinois, Indiana or Missouri to receive the so-called "degree"

At one time there was one called the "Yellow Dog Degree" and there's still one in Kentucky called "The Horse Traders" Degree...

whatk ind of initiation rites?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanostrand

Originally posted by AppakThere are numerous such degrees, some more "recognized" than others like the Order of the Sword of Bunker Hill. It has some dangerous aspects to it's initiation rites and was outlawed by a few state Grand Lodges (Kentucky comes to mind) I know several people in Kentucky who've come to Illinois, Indiana or Missouri to receive the so-called "degree"

At one time there was one called the "Yellow Dog Degree" and there's still one in Kentucky called "The Horse Traders" Degree...

whatk ind of initiation rites?

Silly childish pranks.

Check out some of the gadgets in DeMoulin's 1930 catalog and it'll give you an idea.

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
omg submarine no thanks! haha. saw mill, that actualyl looks kind of dangerous.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This order is in philippines. The AZ lodges seemed to have only members from philippines if I recall. A mason that works for the grand lodge of Cali said it goes much deeper but he would not elaborate.

I would put my smart money on that this side order originated out of the philippines. I think in one of the sources I supplied in paid for two of its member's tution as well.

What could this order possibly violate for the Grand Lodge of California to say see ya and no Masons can be affilated with them?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
What could this order possibly violate for the Grand Lodge of California to say see ya and no Masons can be affilated with them?

Often groups like this get "carried away" as it were, with their hijinks and people can get hurt (albeit unintentional) Because there are lawyers in the world, even unintentional harm can have great consequences and if it's done under the guise of being somehow "Masonic" well, then the Grand Lodge could be held responsible and be sued. That's why the Grand Lodge forbids Masons to participate in it (and as long as it's pawned off as being somehow "Masonic", as it often has been) the Grand Lodge has this right.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Are you in AZ or California?

As far as you said yellow degree do you have any link on a break down on this degree? The only time I heard of Grand and Glorious Knights of the Creeping Serpent is in AZ the first lodge they established. I believe a while back I came across a website in the philippines and in the philippines it was recogonized by the masonic lodge. Also any idea of the ritual or the part that made it dangerous?

Originally posted by Appak

Often groups like this get "carried away" as it were, with their hijinks and people can get hurt (albeit unintentional) Because there are lawyers in the world, even unintentional harm can have great consequences and if it's done under the guise of being somehow "Masonic" well, then the Grand Lodge could be held responsible and be sued. That's why the Grand Lodge forbids Masons to participate in it (and as long as it's pawned off as being somehow "Masonic", as it often has been) the Grand Lodge has this right.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Are you in AZ or California?

As far as you said yellow degree do you have any link on a break down on this degree? The only time I heard of Grand and Glorious Knights of the Creeping Serpent is in AZ the first lodge they established. I believe a while back I came across a website in the philippines and in the philippines it was recogonized by the masonic lodge. Also any idea of the ritual or the part that made it dangerous?

I'm in neither, I'm just aware of the organization and it's history. Somewhere I have a copy of the ritual. It's pretty childish. Not Masonic by any stretch.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Anyidea the history of them or the ritual? Orginated out of philippines?
Any chance you would post the ritual? Where di you source it if I may ask.
Thanks Appak

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Anyidea the history of them or the ritual? Orginated out of philippines?
Any chance you would post the ritual? Where di you source it if I may ask.
Thanks Appak

I received it from a Mason in Arizona in an e-mail in 1998. He said the following which leads me to believe it was "invented" in Arizona:

"Brothers,
Every September for over the past 30 years we here in Yuma (AZ) have celebrated the Grand and Glorious Order of the Knights of the Creeping Serpents (Snake Degree) This is a fun degree open to all Master Masons everywhere. For the first time we are able to offer a lapel pin for our graduates of this degree.
If anyone would like more info on this degree or on starting this degree or something similar in your area PLEASE feel free to E-mail me."

Also, I found the following posted to a Masonic forum in 2003:

"Hi, Fraternal Greetings! I am Benny Ty, a Past Master of Manila Mt. Lebanon Lodge No. 1, under the Jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of F & A M of the Philippines. May I request for all possible information on a group called the Grand and Glorious Knights of Creeping Serpent,(SNAKES). I was told that this group is very popular among masons in California and Arizona. Apparently, it is also starting to take roots here in the Philippine jurisdiction."

So it looks like Arizona and/or California is where it started.

Even though I do not consider it "Masonic" in any way, it wouldn't be proper for me to post the ritual itself in this forum. It really has nothing to do with conspiracies. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I went through this a few years ago. I anyone is interested, I'll share my experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
please do. there are many of us here that would like some light shed on this order.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's a social club that meets once a year in Yuma to initiate new members. The initiation is a hazing. Everything you've been taught about Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth, is out the window.

I'm surprised no one has been seriously hurt. It gets hot out in that desert.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deadringer

Bro. Deadringer's experience and the fact that it is not Recognized by G.L. of Ca is enough for me. This group is hazing which is dangerous. They refuse to furnish Grand Lodge with a list of their members, they seem to have an agenda in that they are trying to have members of their group become Lodge Officers. There are letters regarding this issue floating around the Internet. I do not think it was started in the P.I. but here in the States. If a Mason's Grand Lodge does not Recognize them then the Brother must abide by those rules.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by masontruth

Masontruth,

This thread is over two years old so you probably won't get a lot of response. Also most of the posters involved do not post any more, with the exception of Appak, who I've learned is very ill at present.

Enjoy the forum! It gets, well, interesting from time to time.

Fraternal regards,

Senrak

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There was a big stink about these guys last year here in Ca. and GM Stein of Ca. Grand Lodge made it well known last year these guys would not be tolerated any longer, nor would any "regular mason" in Ca. be allowed to associate with them. It was grounds for a "Masonic Trial" to be a member and participate with them, and it was pretty well known that their origns seemed to be in the Philipino Lodges for the most part.

We had all sorts of communications from Grand Lodge last year about them. GM Stein also happens to be a PM from my lodge here in San Diego and he was not amused. The Inspector for our area was also not very happy about these guys either. He is my coach and we had a couple of talks about them. I don't know anything directly about their "Ritual", but I have the impression that their shenanigans did and would bring nothing but bad press about us.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by sharkman]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join