It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ScamBait?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ive heard of it, but does anyone scam bait here at ATS?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First, lets all know what that is:

"Scam baiting is the practice of pretending interest in a fraudulent scheme in order to manipulate a scammer. The purpose of scam baiting might be to waste the scammers' time, embarrass them, cause them to reveal information which can be passed on to legal authorities in the hope that they will be prosecuted, get them to spend money, or simply to amuse the baiter."

en.wikipedia.org...

Before anyone tries this on their own, PLEAEE READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!:
At least one scam victim was murdered when he travelled to meet the scammer[1]. At least one website actively advises against such trips due to the danger of retaliation.

"There are very few known cases of a scammer discovering the real identity of a scam baiter, since baiters always use fake e-mail accounts and are careful not to disclose any personal details. Some baiters claim that scammers have visited the fake addresses the baiter gave them"

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think first we should invite scambaiters to ATS, and we'll see.

Scambaiters are usually people sitting all day at their desks, having online netconnection, perhaps they are finished with their work, and like some fun. Perhaps at work, since at home ppl are with their families.

Scambaiting should be beating time for people. Just for fun. Actually, I'm out of it, I have no time for this.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Have you guys heard of this site ?

Everything you need to know about them scammers.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Has anyone ever tried pedo baiting? LAWL.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by jca2005]

new topics

top topics

join