It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhism, FreeMasonry and Gnosis

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
There are some VERY remarkable statements in Urantia involving scientific discoveries that were unknown at the time of it's writing (1930s)

For example Dark Matter, which was only very recently confirmed by scientists:

"The Dark Islands of Space. These are the dead suns and other large aggregations of matter devoid of light and heat. The dark islands are sometimes enormous in mass and exert a powerful influence in universe equilibrium and energy manipulation. The density of some of these large masses is well-nigh unbelievable. And this great concentration of mass enables these dark islands to function as powerful balance wheels, holding large neighboring systems in effective leash. They hold the gravity balance of power in many constellations; many physical systems which would otherwise speedily dive to destruction in near-by suns are held securely in the gravity grasp of these guardian dark islands. It is because of this function that we can locate them accurately. We have measured the gravity pull of the luminous bodies, and we can therefore calculate the exact size and location of the dark islands of space which so effectively function to hold a given system steady in its course. "

- Urantia Book

Can i just propose an idea?

In kabbalah its understood that every year brings down a particular spiritual force. In 200 CE Shimon Bar Yochai wrote the holy Zohar. The Zohar predicts 1600 years into future when it said "in the year 600 after the revelation of the Zohar (which occured in 1211) there will be a flood of lower wisdom into the world". The 'higher wisdom' is mystical knowledge, whereas lower wisdom is physical knowledge. The industrial revolution occurred around the 1800, as predicated 1600 years earlier by the Zohar.

Going that far into the future and getting knowledge about it can only come from the creator. It bypasses so many ages and periods and to get an accurate account of that time is truly divine. However, through 'magick' and manipulation of occult forces, what is destined to arrive imminently, within a 70 year period (a generation in kabbalah is 70 years) as soon as you enter that 'flux' something that exists in potential 70 years down the road can be recieved before that revelation actually occurs. This is done through a type of channeling. If someone were to spend a great deal of time in investigation of these matters, he could compile a great deal of accurate information about the future up to 70 years.

However, what Shimon Bar yochai recieved was divine revelation. Whereas what occultists do is they initiate communication between themselves and spiritual powers. This power than becomes obliged to reveal what has trickled down to its level of existence.

This is how certain things written of in the uranita book have been established today. However, it knows nothing about what will be 100 years from now, as that period is far beyond the rule of the spiritual worlds. Only through divine inspiration, from the creator himself, can such knowledge be attained.

And to date, only the Hebrew prophets and Jewish sages have recieved such information, as revealed in the Tanakh.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

There are some VERY remarkable statements in Urantia involving scientific discoveries that were unknown at the time of it's writing (1930s)

Actually, dark matter has never been confirmed, it exists only hypothetically. The "dark islands" in that quote much more accurately describe black holes (which are literally "dead suns"). Einstein discovered the existence of black holes mathematically around 1915, before the Urantia book.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

And to date, only the Hebrew prophets and Jewish sages have recieved such information, as revealed in the Tanakh.

Complete and utter hogwash.

It is no accident that all the truly great and original Jewish thinkers (Spinoza, Einstein, Mendelssohn, etc.) completely rejected Judaism.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by dontreally

Complete and utter hogwash.

It is no accident that all the truly great and original Jewish thinkers (Spinoza, Einstein, Mendelssohn, etc.) completely rejected Judaism.

Hmm, why no mention of maimonides?

They were gnostics influenced by the gentile thinkers around them. Most Jews dont pay much attention to them.

Why do you disregard everything i write? There is no book on the planet which makes such specific and unambiguous predictions like the Zohar.

Comparing the Zohar to Nostradamus for instance will really make nostradmus look pathetc in comparison. His riddling was obviously meant to make his predications applicable to almost anything.

Whereas when the Zohar makes predictions, it speaks of the very time in history, the name of an empire etc.

For instance, the Zohar predicted that in the end of days Paras (persia) wold rise up against Israel. Many other Jewish midrashes make exact and unambiguous predictions about the end times.

No other spiritual traditon can make a similar claim. And if they can, please show me. We'll compare.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Fred Zwinky was using the terms 'Dark Matter' and 'Invisible Matter' in the 1930s.

The Urantia book was published in 1955, that is the only fact in the matter, the rest is unsubstantiated fluff. It may be true, it may not be, there is no proof either way.

I can see why it might interest you, but do you think that you may be failing to challenge yourself sufficiently? Do you feel tested when reading Urantia?

And why this fascination with predictions?

Que sera, sera?

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

www.biblegateway.com...

Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia? They are terribly English, but terribly esoteric too. I think you'd enjoy them. I read them to my son a few months ago, I'd never read them before that. I could never have possibly appreciated them to the depth that I did, had I read them a moment earlier.

There is magic, don't worry about that. It's okay to let go.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Fred Zwinky was using the terms 'Dark Matter' and 'Invisible Matter' in the 1930s.

The Urantia book was published in 1955, that is the only fact in the matter, the rest is unsubstantiated fluff. It may be true, it may not be, there is no proof either way.

I can see why it might interest you, but do you think that you may be failing to challenge yourself sufficiently? Do you feel tested when reading Urantia?

And why this fascination with predictions?

Que sera, sera?

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

www.biblegateway.com...

Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia? They are terribly English, but terribly esoteric too. I think you'd enjoy them. I read them to my son a few months ago, I'd never read them before that. I could never have possibly appreciated them to the depth that I did, had I read them a moment earlier.

There is magic, don't worry about that. It's okay to let go.

Most fantasy book are esoteric. Same with lewis carrol books.

As for what i wrote above. Im not sure if anyone here has ran into this idea, but its pretty much a staple of kabbalistic thought.

70 years is considered one generation. Since the start of the hebrew calendar 5770 years ago till today 70 years have been counted off and this has been the case for thousands of years. The last cycle began in 1980 and will finish in 2050. The final cycle before the year 6000 (the era of shabbat) will be the 85th generation from creation. 85 is the gematria of peh, mouth, which corresponds to the sefirah of malkhut (kingdom). Its also the gematria of milah (circumcision), which is a symbol for refinement. This means the world will be refined (milah) by the year 6000 and made into a kingdom (peh), or said differently, mankind will become the mouthpiece (an expression) of their creator; as opposed to today where confusion and evil abounds.

Anyways. In kabbalah ma'asit its taught that the higher worlds, the sefirah of Chokmah specifically, which in magical parlance would be symbolized by the angel Raziel (Raza el - secrets of god) the intellectual insights which will be revealed in the world in the next 70 years (the farthest anyone can look) can be known by communication with this power. What exists in potentita is already there. All one would need to do is establish communication between himself and this power; which of course is highly dangerous unless youre spiritually 'pure' ie; free from from physical/emotional baggage. In such a case you could learn a great deal about any technological or intellectual knowledge that would be revealed in the world in the next 70 years.

This is undoubetedly how the urantia book 'knows' what it does.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Why does it always have to boil down to 'my prophet is the best prophet'? I mean, really! Some of us are trying to evolve here!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
reply to post by dontreally

Why does it always have to boil down to 'my prophet is the best prophet'? I mean, really! Some of us are trying to evolve here!

Because my prophet IS the best prophet!

Seriously though. I appreciate all spiritual traditions. Im not some ignoramous. Ive studied a little bit of Buddhism/Vedanta, ive spent a bit of time perusing the texts of gnosticism/hermeticism/neo platonism. Ive read alot of Jung, Neuman, Von Franz, Campbell, and the slew of theosophists (blavatasky, leadbeater, meads, bailey, etc) and many others. I know what other traditions teach and their particular philosophical angle.

I respect them, but compared to Torah, Hebrew and the philosophical position of the Jewish sages, i find it inferior. The only reason its intrinsically inferior, is because Hebrew is the language of creation. I know to the unedcuated in this area this sounds 'absurd', but it simply isnt. If you've read any carl Jung you would know the archetypal basis of Human consciousness. And if youve read Cg Jung/Wolfgang paulies colloboration "The Interpretation of Nature and Psyche' you would see how these archetypes are the 'building blocks' of reality. In Tarot they call these the 22 major arcana. These 22 whether tarot students know it or not, are based on the 22 letters of the hebrew alphebet. The 22 letters and the 10 sefirot (22 letters = "body", 10 sefirot = "soul") are the 32 'paths of wisdom'. This is probably why the 2 extra teeth in ones mouth are called 'wisdom teeth'. Anyways, every word in hebrew is the product of a combination of letters/archetypes which combine to form that reality. Thus, words with numerical correspondences in hebrew have amazing philosophical connections. For instance, Echad (one) and ahava (love) have the gematria of 13. Love is the feeling of oneness. 13 geometrically also symbolizes oneness. The 12 lines of a cube (perfect symbol of equity) plus the cube itself (to symbolizes the unity between the 12 lines) = 13. EVERY HEBREW Word is like this. I do not exagerrate. If people only knew how wonderous a study kabbalah, gematria and hebrew really is, they would be as passionate as i am.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by dontreally]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is it just me, or did someone in this thread use the words "tantric" and "Madame Blavatsky" ?

So much for dispelling the rumors, huh?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

... your 45 years late to the 'beatnick' time of awakening

Hesse & Hegel & a bunch of those 'philosophers' were right-on-the-mark
but did they imprint their worldview on the astute among the masses

or were they truely outside observers looking-in ?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

... your 45 years late to the 'beatnick' time of awakening

I took a quiz posted by Romantic_Rebel that tells you your 'religious persuasion'. I was taken aback that I classified as a Universal Unitarian until I read what one of those was. In short, it is the box that they put those in that don't fit into any of the other boxes. Kerouac wrote a very personal book of his journey and spent the rest of his life fighting to stay out of the 'Beatnick' box that everyone else felt forced to create for him because it made them feel a little bit safer in their beliefs.

I could never have been a Beatnick, I don't like polonecks for starters, they make me too aware of my breasts sticking out there in front for some reason. It's un-nerving. Besides, is Beatnick what you meant? You're not getting the fact that Hesse wrote a book called Steppenwolf mixed up with the Steppenwolf that released a song called Born to be Wild? Surely not, but worth asking, just on the off chance, as otherwise I am not sure what you mean. Explain?

Originally posted by St Udio
Hesse & Hegel & a bunch of those 'philosophers' were right-on-the-mark
but did they imprint their worldview on the astute among the masses

or were they truely outside observers looking-in ?

Both and neither. A writer of fiction offers you the chance to see the world through their eyes, with a writer of such finese as Hesse, that is beautifully executed in Siddharta, and he expresses with great simplicity the individuality of experience and the loneliness of existence, and at the same time the joy of both those things. So, some writers, within this theme, are scraping for answers through their writing, others are simply fishing, and some just tell it how they see it. I particularly love Norman McLean's short story, The River Runs through it. Incredible piece of writing, nothing in common with Siddharta on the surface, but really, it is the same story, different place in time, but the very same message. The difference though, is that while Hesse, Tolstoy and Dick, tore themselves to shreds to convey it, McLean just wrote down his stories and the stories of his family. He lived his life, and then he wrote about it. I have nothing more to say about that, and don't know that it means anything, but I think that is interesting and it is kind of an answer to your question. I think.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Of cource, oriental ways were brought to the Western mystic and occultic circles.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruffian
Of cource, oriental ways were brought to the Western mystic and occultic circles.

Which is why the oldest relic of civilization we have is from mesopotamia. Sumerian empire.

Im open to the idea maybe of an older civilization antecedent to Sumer, but there is simply no proof of it. Irans oldest is the Elam empire (3200 BCE) and the indus valley civilization dates back to 3300 BCE. Unless we find proof later than the beginnings of Sumer - crica 3800 BCE, we'll simply have to assume, as we do right now, that the beginnings of modern civilization is as the hebrew Torah says - the lands of the East. Seeing the lands of the east refers to East of Jerusalem, its referring specifically to the land of Shinar (sumer), from where civilization arose out of the nahar gadol - euphrates river.

I think the bible has been surprisingly accurate with its information about teh beginnings of modern civilized man.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join