It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old Iraqi girl gang raped by 3 US soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This kind of stuff just makes others hate the US more and more. I hope the guilty party/s are punished.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kamran....sorry for the caps..my intent was not to offend...i'm very passinate about the who,what and where, and when people leave those essential itms out it didtorts what's being said...agin sorry for the caps...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Institutionalized torture to those individuals found guilty; death penatly is too easy of a way out.

The military or Government is not at fault they don't teach that sick sadistic crap it's the individual that has gone sick in the mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
IMHO everyone is not going back far enough if your looking to lay blame. What we are and what we become is pretty much imprinted in us by the time we leave grade school. These people were bad people before they joined the military. Violent people don't join the Peace Corp.. The same happens with police departments and security firms and it takes a while to weed them out. They could be perfect soldiers until they are out of site of those in command. To blame the commanders is ludicrous. As I was told by the current ATS game when I gave a wrong answer - "Think Damn It".

Where are the posts about the civilians raped and tortured by insurgents? Why don't the pictures of insurgents chopping off peoples heads get the same attention as these posts? Where are the posts about the mass graves they keep finding and why don't they draw attention? Where is the outrage about insurgents butchering their own people? Where are the tears for the millions of women treated and traded like property by radical Islam? Where are those in mourning over the brainwashed children who strapped bombs to themselves so their parents could brag about them and get a check from Sadam? Where is the moral outrage at countries who pocketed billions while people starved and went without medicine because they helped Sadam steal the money? Where is the peace above security crowd when Iran provides weapons to terrorists and works towards nuclear weapons so they can commit genocide? Hiding under a rock I suspect.

The cycle never changes. Hero's die defending the weak. Then the weak hate them for it because they don't want to admit they were weak. So goes the world. Move on, nothing new to see here.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't intend to imply I don't believe that these soldiers commited this crime, but lately
I find it very difficult to believe anything that comes out of the middle-east.

It has given me such a headache trying to rationalise, or justify anything that happens
over there, because I keep coming 'round full circle. It's like trying to argue the chicken
and egg conundrum!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have said this twice and will say it again give our soldiers the benefit of the doubt.
You people are so closed minded and ignorant it is shocking.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Could someone please post important details of the story. I can't open the article...crappy internet problems

Thanks in advance

Sporty

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"give our soldiers the benefit of the doubt"

Why ?
I'm against the war.
I don't think we should have gone, I don't think we should still be there and I loathe anyone fighting it or sending others to fight it. As far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if it happened or not. Plenty of other things I disaprove of are happening out there even if this didn't. If I thought it might influence our end in the whole ordeal I'd happily photoshop a bunch of troops gang raping a nun.
I'm at war with the "war on terror" and I'll use any means at my disposal including lies. My oposition doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why should I ? If this story pisses people off in regards to the whole pointless escapade then as far as I'm concerned it should be disseminated accross the net regardless of its validity.
Hell, If I thought it would end this stupid conflict I'd happily fly a jet into another bloody tower.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I caught some details on the News the other night. Three soldiers, from Ft Campbell Ky, a few months ago, after getting drunk, raped a 14-yo Iraqi girl. One of the soldiers is now Civvy, the other two are under Court martial proceeding. The News blip stated that if found guilty the two would face possible execution.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is the jist of it.

Prosecutors at Camp Victory, a US military base next to the Baghdad airport, will allege that Green shot dead the girl's father, mother and five-year-old sister then raped the 14-year-old, killed her and set her house on fire to cover his tracks.

you can google 'marines rape 14 year old' and you will find lots of articles. I haven't
figured out how to shorten links. So that's the best I can do for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe101
"give our soldiers the benefit of the doubt"

Why ?
I'm against the war.
I don't think we should have gone, I don't think we should still be there and I loathe anyone fighting it or sending others to fight it. As far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if it happened or not. Plenty of other things I disaprove of are happening out there even if this didn't. If I thought it might influence our end in the whole ordeal I'd happily photoshop a bunch of troops gang raping a nun.
I'm at war with the "war on terror" and I'll use any means at my disposal including lies. My oposition doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why should I ? If this story pisses people off in regards to the whole pointless escapade then as far as I'm concerned it should be disseminated accross the net regardless of its validity.
Hell, If I thought it would end this stupid conflict I'd happily fly a jet into another bloody tower.

So you approve of the things that terrorists do? You also admit to being a liar. That means that nothing you say can be trusted and it is moot. So why do you post? Nothing you say from this point forward has any meaning as it can now be assumed to be a lie. If you meant what you said about flying a plane into a tower I hope those in law enforcement on this board can track you down right away before you do. You belong in jail or a mental institution.

Which former banned member are you?

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Congratulations. You've massively missed the point.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lupe101, I know what that feels like. You just get frustrated because we enter a war we pretty much started and people are making a big deal out of the small things while there are a lot more things out there than just a raping. People have to open their eyes and look at the bigger picture here than just that 14 year old girl. The country needs to riot, stand up for what they dont believe in and that should be this stupid "War on Terrorism", what ever the hell that means.

But then you see people watch it on the TV and at the same time you want to scream at them to just it off because it is no good and then watch it yourself because you want to see how horrific the blood and death is over there. Dude, you are not alone.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

and I'll use any means at my disposal including lies. My oposition doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why should I ?

Great job lupe. You just said that you will lie, making anything you say easily denied unless you give stringent sources.

Anyway, while I agree that these types of crimes should be punished you are missing the picture about these kinds of things. In Pakistan, a human rights group was having a marathon for men and women, and a militia group was so shocked by this that they beat and stripped the woman who organized this in front of the media, as well as other participants. The governmental reaction to this was to arrest her and other participants in the marathon, and the militia went unpunished.
hrw.org...

Lupe, defender of battered women the world over, where the hell is your indignation over this travesty?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
"where the hell is your indignation over this travesty?"

Directed where it should be, at the "war on terror"
As I stated, I'm against it. I see no reason why I shouldn't utialise the same strategies to win as my enemy ( read, anyone actively involved in the conflict. All sides use propaganda, to suggest that one or other doesn't is ridiculous, why shouldn't I use it in my war on the war on terror ?

I don't need your voices, you're not the people I need to influence, most of the posters on ATS have made their own mind up about where they stand and I'm not about to convert them.

But sending this link to regular joes and Janets can have a positive effect in destabilizing support for the "war on terror"

My mission isn't about wether this happened as reported or not, part of the wars control mechanism is to tie people up with minuti so they don't consider the big picture.

Mine is the same, influence of the general public through suropticious usage of minuti to sway general feeling against the war.

I feel that, as a non violent combatant against the war, my methods are equaly valid as those of my enemy.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe101
"where the hell is your indignation over this travesty?"

Directed where it should be, at the "war on terror"

How exactly is people in Pakistan being beaten and publically humiliated because they are trying to further women's rights in that country related to the war on terror?

All I have heard you say is that the war on terror is horrible, but you haven't said anything to convey why it is horrible.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
Just add another to the list of US war crimes. Bear in mind, this barbarism is directly due to the grueling training and mindwashing that these soldiers receive. This policy goes up to the very top rankings. Blame the ones in charge.

Yes, because over my 20+ years of serving, (including service in the current war) I was brainwashed. Right.

Another conspiracy nutjob we've got here.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Blame the ones in charge.

And I shall continue to do that untill it stops.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like one soldier only got life in prison with possibility of parole due to a plea bargain to spare the death penalty. The other 3 soldiers are claiming innocence.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And how many edcautors were kidnaped yesterday and will be found full of holes ina few days. Just your typical war it looks like to me.

mikell

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join