It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Mask Off of Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The interesting discovery of the name Abi-ramu (Abram?) on Babylonian contracts of about 2000 BC/BCE does not prove the Abraham of the Old Testament to be an historical person, even as the fact that there were Amorites in Babylonia at the same period does not make it certain that the 'patriarch' was one of their number (if he existed altogether).

Good, you found something. Like I said the lie originates in Babylon.

Several scholars claim, on the basis of archaeological and philological evidence, that many stories in the Old Testament, including the accounts about Abraham, Moses, and others, were actually made up by scribes under King Josiah (7th century BC/BCE) in order to provide a historical framework for the monotheistic belief in Yahweh. Such scholars claim that the archives of neighbouring countries that kept written records, such as Egypt, Assyria, etc., show no trace of the stories of the Bible or its main characters before 650 BC/BCE. Such claims are detailed in "Who Were the Early Israelites?" by William G. Dever, (William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI, 2003). Another similar book by Neil A. Silberman and Israel Finkelstein is "The Bible Unearthed," (Simon and Schuster, New York, 2001).

Strange that so many cultures have knowledge of a world wide flood isn't it. These so called scholars are spreading crock, are you buying? The early books of the Bible can be traced to Moses as can the historical Exodus.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Strange that so many cultures have knowledge of a world wide flood isn't it. These so called scholars are spreading crock, are you buying? The early books of the Bible can be traced to Moses as can the historical Exodus.

There is no universal flood reaching Egiptian mythology, only the Nile floods.

The story of Moses is interpreted differently by many religions: Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon and each one of them believes their version to be correct.

There are also speculations that he was the priest of the pharaoh Akhenaten and brought monotheism to the Jews.

Which Moses do you mean?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert

There is no universal flood reaching Egiptian mythology, only the Nile floods.

The story of Moses is interpreted differently by many religions: Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon and each one of them believes their version to be correct.

There are also speculations that he was the priest of the pharaoh Akhenaten and brought monotheism to the Jews.

Which Moses do you mean?

The story of Jesus is all over the world in different forms long before he ever showed up. Does that mean Jesus did not live and do the things he did? Not hardly. It merely means that there is a Satan and he is hard at work. Why do you see the snake as one of the Egyptians symbols? What's that all about?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The story of Jesus is all over the world in different forms long before he ever showed up. Does that mean Jesus did not live and do the things he did? Not hardly. It merely means that there is a Satan and he is hard at work. Why do you see the snake as one of the Egyptians symbols? What's that all about?

Or it could mean that there were various stories of many Pagan Gods/Christs before Christ actually became Manifested in the Flesh via Jesus.

I would not be so hasty in condemning the Egyptians if I were you. Their Civilization, Culture & Mythology Pre-dates Judaism - as a matter of fact the Hebrews borrowed *PLENTY* from the Egyptians. One of the cornerstones of the Early Church was Alexandria, Egypt.

Why are you so-called "Christians" (more like Literal Bible Interpreter Fundamentalist if you ask me) so obsessed with "Satan"? You would think that you would spend more time Praising God & Christ instead of saying Satan this & Satan that. Do you believe that Satan has as much Power as God or Christ? Surely not.

P.S. The Serpent is an Ancient Symbol of *KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM*!

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The story of Jesus is copied from the story of Horus, monotheism is from Akhenaten, the serpent is knowledge, wisdom and rebirth (In Europe most chemists shops still have a symbolic serpent as a logo)

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This really isn't going anywhere is it? Nothing is going to shake the faith of those with faith, after all, isn't that what faith is all about. It doesn't make any difference that faith can be misplaced, or even just plain wrong.

As someone whose faith swings between atheism and a hodge-podge of various beliefs, I find the total conviction that the serious christians possess somewhat unnerving. After all, there is no actual proof of the existence of a higher being just as there is no actual proof that there isn't one.

After all, someone mentioned earlier something along the lines of "The one true faith has always existed, people were just not opening themselves to the word", why? There's no more evidence of that than of me claiming to have a milk-fed gimp in my larder!

People seem to wear faith like armour. In ancient times the Gods were fickle and avaricious, people believed in them but rightly viewed them with suspicion as they always had their own motives. Surely in the world of today, such an interpretation of the actions that we see happening all around us are not the result of a benevolent God but more like the selfish schemeing of the Gods of old?

And don't try to wriggle out on the old "Devil" card. If God existed, and a Devil too then there's "Benevolent" straight out of the window.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Gee MorninG StaR,

If you have something to say…spit it out; don’t hold back! lol

Research informs us that what Saul did was to begin a new version of Judaism. This new “movement” was indeed purloined by Constantine when in order to affect a measure of peace officially, if insincerely, decreed that, yes, Christianity would be the official religion of the Empire which was quickly disintegrating into to typical human bickering so popular throughout history.

You give Saul, I believe, way too much credit regarding the “so they could control the world using the ancient known powers of the mind and the soul.” First of all, the ancients actually knew very little. Every potentate throughout man’s development whether Og, Son of fire 200,000 years ago or some fleabag politician in Mesopotamia or Washington DC, who managed to wrest control of any grouping of hapless fellow humans…knew, or knows, very little about anything let alone the methods of manipulating their victims. Sorry, did I say ‘victims’? I meant, of course, ‘citizens’!

You also apparently assume the existence of the “soul”. If you mean ‘soul’ as literary license describing the personality, well OK. If you think the ‘soul’ is an actual thing…well, you might want to attempt to find one.

Research tells anyone with the inclination to do a superficial bit of searching that modern religions (the “Big Three”) are but copies and re-writes of previous sojourns into metaphysics. I am still amazed at modern humans who, having education available to them, still insist in “believing” rather then questioning. I assume that believing is just sooooo much easier than actually making an attempt at understanding.

The manipulation you recognize is not new to the world and was not invented by the new Judaism, (Christianity). The Catholic Church did elevate this abuse to new heights until in the early 1300’s when an actual scholar namely, John Whycliffe, shot them in the sit-down with the first translation of the bible in more than 1000 years with his translation of the Latin New Testament into English. The crime here, in the view of the “Universal Church” was that this crime allowed the true believer behind the plow to read for himself the same text he had theretofore gotten by interpretation from the local priest. Until then the Catholics could tell true believers any damned thing they wished and the faithful had no choice but to either believe or educate themselves.

There is much more but the size limit on this site demands that….more later….control.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
This really isn't going anywhere is it? Nothing is going to shake the faith of those with faith, after all, isn't that what faith is all about. It doesn't make any difference that faith can be misplaced, or even just plain wrong....

Yep, that's one of the reasons I almost never visit this site any more. I love to learn about and discuss the history of religion and the facts. I'm not ever going to try to tell someone that their faith is wrong or that they've been duped. Faith is very different from facts.

But, there are always folks jumping in with their proseltizing and preaching and telling you to "just read your bible and you'll find the real truth" when we're trying to discuss how the bible came into being.

Factual and historical discussions just get hi-jacked by people who are deeply offended by folks who want to question different aspects of the history of religion. Personally, I find that to be a very silly thing. Everybody is welcome to their own opinions and beliefs and interpretations but, the facts stand aside from opinions and faith. People who are unable to separate the two subjects really just aren't ready for discussions of history. Of course, others get baited into some kind of "your faith is wrong" kind of arguments and it just, as you stated, goes nowhere.

At one time, there were a lot of scholars who posted here. Most of them left because of all the evangelizing. I pretty much left because there were not many scholars left to talk with. It's a shame but maybe the evangelists will see this as a victory.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dont see why these two things cannot co-exist ?

It seems to me there is indeed a God who created all in His image. You can
worship Him and as well explore your spirituality and powers of your mind...

The two can co-exist without conflict! What is the problem ????

Wake up

[edit]
Perhaps Jesus (or God) judges you the day you die wether or not you combined
both elements to become one ? Just to throw an idea, United , become One is what
they say right? To love and respect?

[edit2]
The Maya's believed in a (multiple?) God and were Illuminated like many call it...
Maybe they did not call it a "religion" but they sure had their God(s) they worshipped etc.
[edit on 16-8-2006 by zren]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by zren]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The Catholic Church did elevate this abuse to new heights until in the early 1300’s when an actual scholar namely, John Whycliffe, shot them in the sit-down with the first translation of the bible in more than 1000 years with his translation of the Latin New Testament into English. The crime here, in the view of the “Universal Church” was that this crime allowed the true believer behind the plow to read for himself the same text he had theretofore gotten by interpretation from the local priest. Until then the Catholics could tell true believers any damned thing they wished and the faithful had no choice but to either believe or educate themselves.

BINGO! Whosays - your prize is in the mail.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The story of Jesus is copied from the story of Horus, monotheism is from Akhenaten, the serpent is knowledge, wisdom and rebirth (In Europe most chemists shops still have a symbolic serpent as a logo)

The life of Jesus is real, it is not copied from Horus. God knows Satan is going to send his Son and he creates his own story in Babylon. The Story of Horus is copied from Tammuz in Babylon.

I understand about the serpent and his symbol. I'm trying to get you to think. You will also find the serpent as the AMA symbol and and many other medical associations around the world. The Hypacratic oath that was said until recent years by doctors was an oath to Apollo another sun god.

I'll tell you again, you need to do some research and quit believing the crock you are fed.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Very interesting thread.

I believe that Zoroastrianism (the religion of Ancient Persia) has had perhaps the greatest influence on Western Religion, especially Judaism and Christianity. Here are a few ideas of Western religions heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism (or, one could argue, some coincidences and similarities):

- Dualism of Good vs. Evil. "God" versus "Satan".
- Ultimate triumph of the forces of good (Millennialism)
- Concepts of Heaven & Hell
- Individual Judgment
- Hierarchy of Angles and Demons
- Savior/Deliverer to come in the future
- Resurrection in the future
- Prophets getting revelation from god on mountain-tops

Here's a good link about how Zoroastrianism could have influenced Judaism, and subsequently Christianity. The links at the bottom of that page have for and against arguments for such an assertion, as well as a more in-depth discussion of similarities between Zoroastrianism and later religions. All are very interesting reads.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The life of Jesus is real, it is not copied from Horus. God knows Satan is going to send his Son and he creates his own story in Babylon. The Story of Horus is copied from Tammuz in Babylon.
I'll tell you again, you need to do some research and quit believing the crock you are fed.

Here's some similarities, please remember that Horus was God centuries before Jesus.

1. Both were conceived of a virgin.

2. Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)

3. Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.

4. Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.

5. Both foster fathers were of royal descent.

6. Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).

7. Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.

8. Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).

9. Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.

10. Both births were announced by angels (this is not the same as number 7).

11. Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.

12. Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".

13. After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.

14. To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."

15. When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where his eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.

16. Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.

17. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.

18. Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.

19. Both were baptized at age 30.

20. Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

21. Both Anup and John were later beheaded.

22. Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.

23. Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.

24. Both have 12 disciples.

25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.

26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."

27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave. (Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)

28. Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Bethanu (literally, "house of Anu").

29. Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.

30. Both were crucified.

31. Both were crucified next to two thieves.

32. Both were buried in a tomb.

33. Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).

34. Both had their resurrection announced by women.

35. Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.

36. Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means "anointed one").

37. Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.

38. Both are associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces (the fish).

39. Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd's crook.

40. Horus was born in Anu ("the place of bread") and Jesus was born in Bethlehem ("the house of bread").

41. "The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: 'Out of Egypt have I called my son.'" (See Point 13)

42. Both were transfigured on the mount.

43. The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of "Madonna and Child."

44. Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called "Immaculate".

45. Horus says: "Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." And Jesus says: "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."

46. Horus was identified with the Tau (cross).

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArbitraryGuy
Very interesting thread.

I believe that Zoroastrianism (the religion of Ancient Persia) has had perhaps the greatest influence on Western Religion, especially Judaism and Christianity. Here are a few ideas of Western religions heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism (or, one could argue, some coincidences and similarities):

- Individual Judgment

Here's a good link about how Zoroastrianism could have influenced Judaism, and subsequently Christianity. The links at the bottom of that page have for and against arguments for such an assertion, as well as a more in-depth discussion of similarities between Zoroastrianism and later religions. All are very interesting reads.

That was an interesting read... However the Prophet Zarathustra lived in 600 BC and the Bible was supposed to have been written around 800/900 BC but there are similarities.

Slightly off topic, did you know that the ex leader of the band " Queen" Freddy Mercury [G.R.H.S.] was of the Zoroastrian faith?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The Story of Horus is copied from Tammuz in Babylon.

OK Sun Matrix - you have officially lost all credibility! Kemetic (i.e. Egyptian) Mythology DEFINITELY Pre-Dates the Babylonian! Were the Israelites not first held Captive by the Egyptians & then later enslaved by the Babylonians. So it is more like the opposite way around.

Wow Sun Matrix. Osbert just blew you out of the water with that last post! You should put your Bible down & actually start doing some legitimate re-search if you want anyone here on ATS to take you seriously at all Sun Matrix!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Here's some similarities, please remember that Horus was God centuries before Jesus.

4. Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.

6. Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).

8. Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).

9. Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.

12. Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".

13. After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.

14. To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."

15. When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where his eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.

17. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.

18. Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.

20. Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

22. Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.

23. Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.

25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.

26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."

27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave. (Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)

28. Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Bethanu (literally, "house of Anu").

30. Both were crucified.

33. Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).

34. Both had their resurrection announced by women.

36. Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means "anointed one").

37. Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.

39. Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd's crook.

40. Horus was born in Anu ("the place of bread") and Jesus was born in Bethlehem ("the house of bread").

41. "The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: 'Out of Egypt have I called my son.'" (See Point 13)

43. The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of "Madonna and Child."

44. Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called "Immaculate".

45. Horus says: "Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." And Jesus says: "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."

Now go look at Tammuz.

please remember that Horus was God centuries before Jesus

No, please remember that Horus was a false god before Jesus was the true God. All coming from Babylon if you take the time to find the truth.

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

The Story of Horus is copied from Tammuz in Babylon.

OK Sun Matrix - you have officially lost all credibility! Kemetic (i.e. Egyptian) Mythology DEFINITELY Pre-Dates the Babylonian! Were the Israelites not first held Captive by the Egyptians & then later enslaved by the Babylonians. So it is more like the opposite way around.

Wow Sun Matrix. Osbert just blew you out of the water with that last post! You should put your Bible down & actually start doing some legitimate re-search if you want anyone here on ATS to take you seriously at all Sun Matrix!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

I suggest you do a study in history and also check out Tammuz.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArbitraryGuy
Very interesting thread.

- Individual Judgment

That was an interesting read... However the Prophet Zarathustra lived in 600 BC and the Bible was supposed to have been written around 800/900 BC but there are similarities.

Slightly off topic, did you know that the ex leader of the band " Queen" Freddy Mercury [G.R.H.S.] was of the Zoroastrian faith?

There was a prophet Zoroaster that lived in 600 BC, but Zoroastrianism can be traced back to at least 2000 BC. Don't look at what you are supposed to find, dig deeper.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The dates for Zarathustra's life vary greatly. It is also a possibility that the ideas of Zoroastrianism are older than Zarathustra (if he even existed).

Also keep in mind that different books of the bible were written at vastly different times, many of them written during and after the Babylonian captivity. One can notice many differences between pre-captivity and post-captivity biblical books in thought and philosophy.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Also, nice post regarding Horus vs. Jesus.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Allow me to set the record stright, here?

Horus was one of the original deities, appearing as before the First Dynasty (when Egypt wasn't Egypt; about 3,000 BC.) He predates Osiris by about a thousand years.
www.marysia.com...

After the rise of Osiris, Horus is re-imaged as the son of Osiris and Isis, born after the death of Osiris and sworn to avenge him. There was no fosterage. They were all gods and not 'royalty.'
www.marysia.com...

In some myths, Horus hatched out of an egg. In others, he was just "born". No stables or caves. Isis was the high goddess, and didn't need to go to any stable or cave.

Egyptian religion didn't have angels, and the deities didn't come down to talk to anyone. There was a prophecy of Horus but it was delivered to Seth himself by another god.

Sirius isn't the morning star. The planet Venus is the morning star. No celestial signs preceeded Horus' birth... it wasn't an event for humans.

The sun, however, does rise in the east.

My source says it was December 25.

Again, they didn't have angels and no human received the news that Horus was to be born. Isis had handmaids, and none of them were shepherds. No solar deities came to visit Horus -- and there was only one solar deity: Re.

Seth, his uncle tried to have Horus killed. Seth was never called Herut.

Err... no. Sorry. Horus has his eye restored after he defeats his uncle... when he is a full adult. Not a child. He is blinded in the fight with his uncle... when they were both adults. Not children.

Horus doesn't have ANY human-type history. He's a god.

Eridanus is the modern name of a constellation called "the river." It's Latin. And Horus was never baptized. The ritual has no meaning to Egyptians.

Horus wasn't ever baptized. He was always a god. Anup was never beheaded. Horus succumbed to the temptation of his uncle, Seth (in a homosexual affair.) Horus later gets back at him by seducing him (another homosexual affair) and getting Seth pregnant.

Horus didn't have disciples. He was a god. He had a wife and 4 sons.

25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."

I'm afraid this wasn't one of his recorded powers.

27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave.

Isis raised Osiris. Not Horus.

Horus never delivered lectures to throngs. There was no need. His priests took care of that.

30. Both were crucified.

Horus never died.

Horus never stopped reigning. As a god, he was considered the embodiment of the reigning pharoah

Actually, Horus was given THESE titles:

Heru-sa-Aset - Gr: Harseisis (Heru son of Aset)
Har-pa-khered/Heru-pa-khered - Gr: Harpocrates (Heru the Child)
Heru-nedj-itef - Gr: Harendotes (Heru Saviour of His Father)
Heru-Wer - Gr: Haroeris (Horus the Elder)
Ra-Heru-Akhety - Ra-Horakhty/Horakhty (Ra-Heru of Two Horizons
Heru-Behdety - Gr: Haidith (Heru of the city of Behdet)
Heru-sema-Tawy (Horus Uniter of the Two Lands)
Har-em-akhet/Heru-em-akhet - Gr: Harmachis (Horus in the Horizon [the Great Sphinx])

His name was used in a number of incantations. As Harpocrates, he was invoked against crocodiles and scorpions.

Horus' emblem is and always has been the hawk.

Jesus has never been associated with beetles, and Horus wasn't associated with any of those things.
Horus was associated with hawk/falcon, bull, Double Crown, Winged Disk, Udjat, Sphinx, weapons, iron -- and blacksmiths.

Horus was born in Buto, after Isis leaves Byblios. There is a big temple center there in the place of his birth that is dedicated to Horus. He was raised on a floating island called Chemmis, which is near Buto.

And Typhon is a Greek deity.
www.egyptianmyths.net...

He also (like all good Egyptian men) had many wives and a lot of children.
members.aol.com...

No.

Don't know about Rome, but it's true that this image was very popular in amulets in Egypt. Lots and lots of examples, here.

You need to rea the original Horus quote there in context (its where he avenges his father). Then you need to go to www.blueletterbible.com... and see that Christian text in its context.

They're not similar.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join