It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-Strength and such...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've been wondering for quite some time, as to how someone would go about acquiring super-human strength, or uncanny speed...You know? Something that would go above and beyond the limits of your every day person.
I watched a show on Discovery tonight; quite cheesey, but it had a man, who was apparently possesed by some..Wolf, spirit/demon? It happend in the U.K, the man was named a werewolf and such. Anyhow, would it be possible to acquire such abilities by allowing some form of spirit into ones body?
I don't exactly believe in spirits. But, the allure of super-strength or speed; or something along those lines may be enough to open my mind. A friend of mine is more or less big on Wicca. He would talk about, a girl from my school who has had sayonses and apparently envoked spirits. She's apparently had all kinds of weird encounters. I wasn't exactly open to believe this. But, I asked my friend how to perform such an act myself. I decided, that if I was going to do it, I'd go big; and attempted to envoke the spirit of Satan.
Apparently the Lord of Evil has better things to do than join me for a night. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew any way to acquire super-human abilities; be the means be spiritual or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If you'd ask that question to me then my return question would be: Why do people only interest themselves in egotistical power and money? If you limit yourself like that then I have nothing to teach you.

Envoking and Invoking are acts which take a lot of time to learn. One must first undergo a few years of building up experience and growth of will before even considering to attempt a minor spirit. If you go about it the unprepared way you will end up with more then you bargained for.

Don't believe me? Then speak with someone else who does such acts on a frequent base. And no...don't ask idiotic children that do it just to be cool.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Nothing is more than bargained for.
Perhaps something bad COULD have happened, perhaps.
But as I said before, and full heartedly feel; nothing is more than bargained for.
Not the deepest workings of hell, not torture beyond anything one could imagine.
Why do people only concentrate on things like that? Couldn't tell you.
Why do I? Who wouldn't want unimaginable physical capabilities.
As for what you can teach me; I'm interested. I don't limit my thoughts; but, somethings are far fetched, and I'm on the line weither anything I'm requesting can be achieved.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If a spirit entered your life and wouldn't leave you alone 4 eternity here on earth and travelled with you also into the world of spirit, trust me, it wouldn't be a pleasant experience.

This isn't Disney World and you ain't dealing with mickey mouse. This is serious. But by all means do your research and envoke such demons / spirits into your house / life. But please expect the worst and please oh please do your research b4 hand on summoning, protection and do it 100% by the book. Even then, because we are dealing with the unknown, things can rapidly go out of control.

The spirit world doesn't always do as we ask, there are many loop holes and tricks that can decieve our human minds.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Look, mate; I don't care if it isn't a "pleasant" experience.
I'm not pretending like everything will work just fine, I haven't got a mind set that it's a Disney act. For starters, I have no faith that any of the "summoning" or envoking junk works. None.
As for the, following me for the rest of eternity..I said I didn't care. I'm not saying it for kicks, I'm not saying it to put up an act. If it's going to work, I guess I'll learn my lesson one way or the other.
I don't want warnings. I just want an answer to my question.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And you won't get that answer, because if something happens it would be to late and I'm not gonna carry that responsibility. Only idiots would put you into such a dangerous position. So go ask an idiot

But I have to say that Arawn goes a bit overboard with the danger disclaimer.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
This is serious. But by all means do your research and envoke such demons / spirits into your house / life. But please expect the worst and please oh please do your research b4 hand on summoning, protection and do it 100% by the book.

Sorry I have to quote myself, and say if you are so serious about seeing what's on ' the other side ' then do your own research. Get off your ass and get serious about researching it. Sorry to be rude, but as the poster above said, I wouldn't tell you, not because I'm a **** or a selfish person, or I dislike you. Quite the opposite actually, it's because I don't want you getting too far into it and it getting over your head, and ruining your life and existance.

But like I said, you'r your own person, you make the choices and decisions in your life. If your so facinated by this subject...research it and take things from there. Maybe some people will help you and U2U you etc, but I don't want the burden or telling you how to summon ' so called demons ' to haunt you 4 life.

p.s There was no need to be rude, I was just looking out 4 you.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Arawn]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Understandable.
Thanks for the advice then.
-Didn't mean to come off as an arse. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you're serious about studying the subject then I can provide you with the "study material".

www.magicatastrophe.com...
This link will provide you with the material needed to get the basics done.

www.magicatastrophe.com...
this link will provide you with basic know-how

The rest you can go to various fora like the one mentioned there. You will find a path suitable to your summoning needs may it be Goetia or Enochia or something totally different.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You could always try following the Buddhist/Hindu route and acquiring siddhi powers. i don't think there's a super strength one but you wouldn't really need it with the others.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Totally forgot about Fakirs who did not eat for 50 years nor sleep for 50 years, stand 30 years in the same position on their hands and other useless tricks of the mind and body just to show what you're capable if with devotion.

The principle idea behind it is interesting, but the way they apply it seems a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
The principle idea behind it is interesting, but the way they apply it seems a waste of time.

To be honest with you, I'm convinced we are not told the entire truth regarding things like zen or siddhis and such like. Whenever you hear of the siddhis, for example, it's almost universally condemned as being dangerous or a deviation from the path of true enlightenment, but according to whose logic? If you meditate or do yoga with the express intent to encourage them, fair enough you might not get enlightened, but let's face it most people aren't going to become enlightened in one lifetime and enough yoga to attain a siddhi is going to make you more enlightened than none at all, so you'll just come back again (in a better incarnation) to complete the process. The universe isn't going anywhere, we have almost limiteless time.

It's annoying that Buddhism, a religion which markets itself as a philosophy, is so dogmatic in its beliefs, as if the rejection of perfectly normal human desires is somehow something to aspire to when the reality of human existnce is that everthing we do is simply experience, and neither good nor bad really. If we were really meant to reject everything life and the universe has to offer (including the siddhis) as a distraction from the true path, then I can't really see why these things would be possible in the first place.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by stulancs]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If you want super human strength, then work for it like Bruce Lee... instead of trying to find an easy way... I used Bruce as an example of super human strength because i've seen his one inch punch video... If you really serious about getting such strength the best way is to train hard for it

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
[edit on 8-8-2006 by IspyU]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance and lack of looking through the net for hours to find the answers to my q's. But I would appreciate the help.

I have no real interest in performing those 9 powers but how do you get em? Do you have to study as a Buddist for 50,60 years or til death? And why would these people let this knowledge be forgotten?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Studying 50-60 years? Well that depends. Just with everything in life you need to be dedicated to what you do else you will fail before you started. In most cases there is indeed theoretical study as well as practicing it. Before you truly understand it several decades will have passed quite easily. More then a life time is needed to master anything. Those who call themselves masters are fools who don't understand the fact they know nothing yet, even though they know a lot more then most people.

Why would the knowledge be forgotten? Perhaps they themselves realised how useless it is in the sense of practical application. The lack of interest and therefore lack of students to teach. Simpel evolution, people move on and find something "better".

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I dont know about better, noting your quotations I sense you feel the same. How can one not view being able to fly, to increase their knowledge as something of great value? I'd much rather expand my mind than my pocketbook. Which may explain why this is something of a lost art, materialism. But then theres that ability to create wealth. hhhmmmmmmm

Plus couldnt the ability to go into someone elses body help fight terrorism and help find people?

And could y'all explain this further?

There is also the concept of the Ashta Siddhi (eight siddhis) in Hinduism. These are:

Anima: reducing one's body even to the size of an atom; (I get it)
Mahima: expanding one's body to an infinitely large size; (it too)
Garima: becoming infinitely heavy; (too)
Laghima: becoming almost weightless; (too)
Prapti: having unrestricted access to all places; ( does this go in with being able to walk through walls?)
Prakamya: realising whatever one desires; ( unlimited knowledge?)
Isitva: possessing absolute lordship; ( unlimited power, second only to GOD himself?)
Vasitva: the power to subjugate all. (control other actions I presume)

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SenHeathen
I dont know about better, noting your quotations I sense you feel the same. How can one not view being able to fly, to increase their knowledge as something of great value? I'd much rather expand my mind than my pocketbook. Which may explain why this is something of a lost art, materialism. But then theres that ability to create wealth. hhhmmmmmmm

Plus couldnt the ability to go into someone elses body help fight terrorism and help find people?

I totally agree with that. It strikes me as logical to assume that encouraging the forbidden knowledge to be widely known would benefit the volution of man rather thanr etard it as happens now, with only some in the know but most of us ignorant.

Our physical world is not going anywhere in the near future, we might as well, as a species, try to evolve to make the best of it rather than just keep telling ourselves that to advance we must reject everything.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by stulancs]

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MozartSeason

idiot

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: doomslayer69

You really needed to bump a fifteen year old thread? Lol.

From a banned OP at that.

new topics

top topics

join