It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's new remote-control Caterpillar bulldozer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow i think this will shortly change some of the ways they go about their business over there:

JERUSALEM - The giant Caterpillar bulldozer, used by the Israeli military to destroy Palestinian homes in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (news - web sites), now comes with a controversial new feature: remote control.

Israel says its remote-control technology will lower risks to soldiers. But Palestinians fear it will lead to more frequent raids using the machines and make the three-year conflict even bloodier.
The remote-controlled D-9 bulldozer and a remote-control version of the Humvee, equipped with machine guns, were developed by the Israeli army and the Technion Institute of Technology. Both machines are U.S.-made, with Israeli modifications. They are expected to go into service in the next few weeks.

The army refused to comment or reveal further details about the new equipment.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031031/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_robot_bulldozers_3

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yes!

LOL good idea.

They can throw rocks till their arms fall off, Naah Naah!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
another sad day for the middle east....

maybe they can bulldoze Sharon with it....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well they sure wouldn't want to put any Israelis at risk when they are bulldozing people's houses.

This way they can run over people, too, and claim that the camera was obstructed or something.

Murderers who don't even have the guts to do it themselves is what they are.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hmm...maybe if they'd quit using their houses as ammo dumps and bomb factories...it wouldn't be needed???

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Gazrok..

Maybe in some sunny day some assholes will bulldozer your house to the ground as you are a defender of American nation that is under occupation of Chinese..

How will you feel then?

With stupid ass comments like these you dont deserve the TWATS..

Hell, i dont even cant understand how the hell you got that in the first place..

Maybe it is just that this place is rotten because people like you?

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your mood:

"Ashamed of Bush"

How the hell?

You let bigger frogs to jump out of your mouth than Bush ever has..

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yes, Gazrok, it's doubtful that ALL of those homes consist of "ammo dumps and bomb factories". Innocent lives are being lost, on both sides, and I'm sick of the insensitivity shown, especially by the ATS members.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, I expected as much...but as I've said...they have had many opportunities to try and coexist with Isreal, and even to establish themselves as a sovereign nation. They have spit at each and every opportunity to do this. Just when peace is on the horizon, they sabatage it again and again... I am through having sympathy for idiots who continually ram their heads into the same brick wall. I know it's not the majority opinion here, but hey, that's why we're here...to listen and voice our own opinions...

Maybe in some sunny day some assholes will bulldozer your house to the ground as you are a defender of American nation that is under occupation of Chinese..

How will you feel then?

With stupid ass comments like these you dont deserve the TWATS..

Hell, i dont even cant understand how the hell you got that in the first place..

Maybe it is just that this place is rotten because people like you?

A. Your comparison would require that Palestine actually existed as a nation...

B. How would I feel? Well, I wouldn't respond by blowing myself up along with innocents...

C. I never asked for the TWATS award...would you like it? Hell, I'll even vote for you this month... I post here to learn and voice opinions...not for applause....

D. Rotten like me? I'm not the one shouting and spouting fire...

EDIT: Why the heck can't I vote? (option doesn't show)

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Only very few are doing these 'terrorist things' in Gaza and in West bank.

And even those doing do have a JUST cause.
(I do admit that suicide bombing of civilians is a sick thing to do.. but it is nothing different to what Jews do.. Jews just use Tanks, Helicopters and Aircrafts.. this does not make them any better.. it just shows that Jews have the money and support of the US..)

As Israel is the Stolen land.

Jews have no rights to it.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   

As Israel is the Stolen land.

Jews have no rights to it.

The world seemed to deem otherwise, when they created the state of Isreal and officially acknowledged it.

but it is nothing different to what Jews do.. Jews just use Tanks, Helicopters and Aircrafts.. this does not make them any better?

Considering that they use it to assassinate recognized (even by the Palastinians) leaders of terrorist organizations and not specific targetting of innocents, then yes, it does make them a little better, as far as the way they are dealing with it... However, they too are no angels, and their continuing disregard for innocent bystanders, is unexcusable as well... Unexcusable, and deplorable, but the Palestinians' actions even moreso...

However, this isn't a question of one being worse than the other...they both have things to answer for...and it will take the efforts of both to stop the violence... Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How about "quantify" what "very few means" John.....
Then explain and "quantify" the current PLO/PA/Hamas Charter that manadates and decrees, with NO alternative(s), the destruction of Israel and Jews, alike.....how about "quantify" 'destruction'.......

Personally, its said that even if the Israelis are in the so-called 'wrong' in this whole situation.....that instead of asking for the removal of all Jews and the state of Israel, that all you pro-Palestinian people can harp on is the injustices, etc. that you claim that Israel does, WITHOUT ONCE mentioning that the Arab world and Palestine, alike, DECREE and MANDATE the utter and complete DESTRUCTION of Israel......

So, instead of saying "shame on you" for "supporting Israel.....perhaps those that are having this said to can turn around and say "shame on you for supporting the destruction of Israel.....
Jakomo called or commented, in regards to Israels wall yesterday...."welcome to Nazi Germany".......well, I would like to add, thank you all, for supporting the destruction of Israel......
READ the charter and tell me what it means in the bigger picture of Islam and Palestine and the Arab world......
You people yell and proclaim "humanity" but then take a side in who does the most harm or less harm to it.....self-rightous BS.....by all of us......makes no sense.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well said, and an interesting point...at least Isreal isn't MANDATING and DECREEING the destruction of Palestinians.... Could explain a little bit about them being heavy handed....no?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Uninen, great job in admitting you had no basis for your argument by turning the entire post into a personal attack on Gazrok. Your credibility is leaking faster than Niagara Falls.

Once again the pitiful # slingers have to crucify anyone who disagrees with their opinions. The day that you stupid self righteous, sign carrying idiots understand that just because you disagree with his ideas doesn't mean he can't say them is the day that all the bull# in the world will finally stop.

You are the problem.

Gazrok, much respect to you for somehow managing to continue arguing your point civilly without lowering yourself to the level you were attacked on. To me, that answers uninen's question about why you got Way Above.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nah...both sides flaming each other only leads to more flames...in the end, we'll agree to disagree...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Uninen, great job in admitting you had no basis for your argument by turning the entire post into a personal attack on Gazrok. Your credibility is leaking faster than Niagara Falls.

Once again the pitiful # slingers have to crucify anyone who disagrees with their opinions. The day that you stupid self righteous, sign carrying idiots understand that just because you disagree with his ideas doesn't mean he can't say them is the day that all the bull# in the world will finally stop.

You are the problem.

Gazrok, much respect to you for somehow managing to continue arguing your point civilly without lowering yourself to the level you were attacked on. To me, that answers uninen's question about why you got Way Above.

i'm posting SKADI's comments from yesterday.. hey some1 needs to shut your traps.
i dont get how u can stand being so narrow minded...seeing one side of the story's a form of blindness.
pro-israeli knuckle dragging repugnants

read & bleed.... she has some amazing points that'll blow ur arguments clear outta the water.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No doubt about it....Skadi has made some excellent insights into the issue as well... I have no problem acknowledging that she does a great job of defending her position... I simply don't share it...
I used to...but their continued reliance on terrorism (and yes, INTENTIONALLY blowing up civilian targets is terrorism, not freedom fighting) has caused me to lose sympathy for their cause...regardless of Isreal's responses to it...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Perhaps I should re-word so Everyone can understand.

I'm not discussing any single person's opinion. Whether you are pro-israel or anti-israel is about as relevant to my last post as what shoe size you are.

I am talking about the constant preaching that is always taking place here. If anyone so much as says one pro-israel remark, a whole gaggle of people attack them personally.

So now let me make it easier to understand. If all you can do is aim personal attacks at people who disagree with your opinions, shut the # up.

How's that? I think there shouldn't be any miscommunication in my point now.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why has the U.S. armed one site to their teeth??? Why did they not just pull out and let Natural Selection take care of the whole thing? What advantage is gained by forcing turmoil in the middle-east? The U.S. could have taken over the whole area 10000x starting with the Suez canal problem. Why did the U.S. stop Britain from acting then. and what the F*** did we gain????

#z.... when is the last time you bought something that said 'Made in Israel'??? (other than a fooking weapon)!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
People have this all backwards anyways.

Israel is okay it is only a country.

Attack Jews if you have a problem with it.

Regarding the Arab World why do Arabs use Palestinians as cannon fodder to protect their ancient view of the world?

Why are the Palestinians so damned stupid?

Arafat has done a good head job on these people that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join