It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper announces Canada's involvement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
||||| LINK |||||

From the Ottawa Citizen :

CORNWALL - Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he's not concerned about the recent backlash from various ethnic communities regarding his government's foreign policy because he believes his stance is perfectly in tune with the views of Canadians regarding the war on terrorism.

After wrapping up a summer retreat with his Conservative caucus, Mr. Harper dismissed recent polls and protests that suggest many Canadians want him to back away from his support of Israel's conflict with Hezbollah in Lebanon and his resolve to pursue the Canadian military mission in Afghanistan.

"I think the position we have, properly understood, is exactly the position of Canadians," Mr. Harper told reporters yesterday. "Canadians want to see peace and stability in the Middle East. Canadians are not neutral on terrorism or on terrorist groups, and Canadians want us to work with the international community to develop a strong position that can lead to a durable and lasting peace."

No, NO , NO! NO!! NO!!!!!!

I cannot believe Mr. Haper would think for one moment that Canada wants to be involved in this. Canada has FAR too many Lebanese people to risk such a chance at civil dissodence.

We as Canadians have always stood toward peace, through major contributions in the UN and NATO, and our own peace keeping forces, but this IS NOT THE WAY TO PROMOTE PEACE!

The situation over there is escalating to pure and uninhibited warfare, in my oppinion, it already is. This IS NOT OUR FIGHT... and we would be doing far more harm than good by being there. It would only be one more set of gun barrels pointing at a mass of others.

I used to respect Mr. Harper. He is NOT correct, the majority of Canadians do not feel we should be involved.

To my fellow Canadians, they are a minority government, but should the other houses decide to allow a minority vote for conscription, I do not plan on going to war for something we have no right to get involved with. I'd rather be a criminal with a clear concience, than dead with a tainted one. It is our duty as Canadians to approach the issue through diplomacy and aid, not with bombs and bullets.

If the Americans military wants to open this wound into an all out world war, let them have that on their concience, NOT OURS!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This just goes to prove that Harper is a moron. He thinks that policies from below the border will fly here.
With a MINORITY gov't to boot. He better start thinking about what Canadians are thinking because the Liberals won't be toothless forever.

BTW, I don't see the US involved in this, at this time.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Canada has always been a respected nation wherever its citizens went. Why would this guy want to follow the path of an administration with an obvious failed foreign policy. This guy needs to stand on his own 2 feet and distance himself from this Neocon administration who has brought nothing but war and grief. Thats just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I suppose we would have to hinge on a vote of no confidence soon.
This is the perfect example of why the vote of no confidence is part of the parliamentary system.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I said it before he got into office, Harper is gonna take Canada down the sewer.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I actually had high hopes for him.
They turned out to be unfounded.

Declaring our sovereinty over our northern islands against foreign unregistered traffic, great. That really impressed me. But this is just ludicrous. As I stated, we have FAR too many lebanese, and muslims for that matter, in our country to do this. It's almost asking for civil rioting.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
People who voted for him are fools. It's not their fault, they we're manipulated by medias or they didn't search for the thruth themselves. Or they just vote for this mother.... because the liberals were corrupted but people seems to forget that the canadian alliance, the party before conservative, were corrupted as liberals.

Harper is a Bilderberg member, he do as Bush do, he's against our liberties, for implant chips on humans, things like that you know, dictatorship-like stuff. Wait till he's in majority, we'll see hell. Hope it's doesn't happen.

The ``terrorists``that were ``founded`` in Toronto were not ``terrorists`` it's was propaganda of fear, typical of Bush friends, as Blair, president of australia, germany, soon in france with sarkozy. His government planned this to further his agenda.

Hope he get out of the government and hope all opposition without the liberals do a coalition and create a federal party to liberate us from the future tyranny that Bush and Harper Co. are planning for us with the american union thing and all those kind of terrorists laws, chips, RFID, biometric... things like that.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

join