It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Israeli Goods? What Goods?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
thats a good question... bits of string maybe? i have no clue either!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Oh wow it's illegal to boycott Israeli good in the US? As you say truly 'the land of the free'

Personally I've always boycotted Isaeli fruit & produce, but I also boycott Norwegian products and Japanese products if at all possible, due to their stance on whaling, Shell due to human rights abuses, and McDonalds & Starbuck's because their products are horrible!

No wonder the shopping takes so long!
Do you also boycott Windows, Firewalls, Intell, plastics ,chemicals, cell phones, medical equpment, etc'?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parmenides
Do you also boycott Windows, Firewalls, Intell, plastics ,chemicals, cell phones, medical equpment, etc'?

Did you not read that that member said they boycott Israeli fruit and produce? Why do you feel the need to press them into answering what they have already answered? So you can try to big note Israel some more?

All those products you described are not solely built in Israel. The profits from companies such as Microsoft and Motorolla go back to the United States. So in effect boycotting those two companies would have little effect on Israel when compared to the United States.

[edit on 6/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The US law pertaining to boycotts extends to all US allies, not just Israel. They, in fact, make thousands of products, and are responsible for many of te technologies the world uses.

You can't effectively boycott Lebanon because they produce virtually nothing for export, except oil. This is part of the reason Hezbubble is liked, or tolerated, by some Lebanese, because they provide help to them for free. Well... "free' is a relative term because if the Lebanesee people were actually free (as in individual liberty and freedom) to do things on their own, then they wouldn't need Hezbubble.

Without Hezbubble they wouldn't be going through what they are now. Catch 22 anyone???

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by ZMax
I know about the algebra and the maths as a whole,the medicine...but I said in the last 50 years...

Eh? And that defines the arbitrary nature of your point. Why the last 50 years? Didnt Einstein come up with his theories before the 1920's? Why did you add him in your list? He wasnt even Israeli any way. Wasnt he offered the Prime Ministership of Israel but turned it down?

Without the scientific and philosophical basis provided, and protected, by Arabs over the millennia every thing you listed would of been impossible. Dont forget that when you try to patronize an entire peoples.

Forget about Einstein - this was for the Iranians...
And if you want make it 400 years...it's not the point...I'm not about to rewright the history I know what the arabs have gave to the world...
My point is that the culture in the Middle East right now is one that gives birth to empty heads only...And every arab that was able to get famous( not notorious ) made it outside of there...Nothing more...That's my point...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

We're talking about REAL people here folks. Let's not forget that please.

I know.

And lets not forget that Israel gets over 3 billion dollars a year in Aid from the U.S. government. And they get alot of weapons and crap too.

Since my government has no desire to stop funding Israel, a powerful economy with a high standard of living, I shall stop funding it with my purchases.

The Israelis get plenty of money from me via my taxes, I see no reason to give them any more, especially considering what they are doing with it.

That is my biggest beef. The U.S. government is giving billions to an industrialized economically sound nation, when we have millions of Americans living below the poverty line, plus an increasing national debt that is getting scarier by the hour. If the government is so desperate to give so much money away to foreign countries, then why dont they give it to the poor countries in Africa to combat hunger, AIDS, and corruption? What wonderful, potential allies we would make in Africa if we actually appied some effort and some cash there.

While I certainly do not support the terrorists that attack and harrass Israel, I sure as hell do not support israel's overkill responses to them.

Thus, I, and others, wish to protest with our pocketbooks. Since our government is too busy kissing the rump of the Israeli lobbiests and special interest groups to do anything about it, it seems its one of the few methods of peaceful protest and expression left.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
The US law pertaining to boycotts extends to all US allies, not just Israel.

As long as they're not France and don't oppose illegal wars?

I really don't see how that can be when French products were boycotted, politicians and media types publicly called for people to do so and (AFAIK) no prosecutions followed

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join