It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image Rotation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Who has a url for rotating avatar images?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i'd say Google that imo.

I use to know of one but they stopped doing it, guess they couldn't afford bandwith.

Google: Image Rotator

btw, it's so last tuesday :p

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Google: Image Rotator

I did that without much luck in finding something appropriate to board use.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe a lot of them went under? I forget the one I had been using Avatar Avenue? something like that, they deleted everyones avies there and filled their site with ads...

(clever)

If I find anything I'll post it for ya.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm using the same one loam is using -- www.randomimage.net...

Pretty hassle free registration and so far it works fine enough for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks. That's the site I was looking for. I was already registered, but boy is that one slow site.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Okay! That site is not the easiest to navigate, but I finally got it to do its thing. Thanks a lot, Beachcoma!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Glad I could help

But I agree, it is kinda slow and the interface could use some improvements. But then it is a free service and I've no idea where they get their revenue from. So...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ah what the hell

I'll ava-whore it up

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I like to change my avatars pretty frequently, anyway and this site just makes it really easy to keep people guessing.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hey, cool! Grady, you an astronomy buff? Love your space related avatars. Was thinking of using nebula and galaxies, but I don't want to be a copy-cat now that you're using something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Hey, cool! Grady, you an astronomy buff? ...I don't want to be a copy-cat now that you're using something along those lines.

I'm not really an astronomy buff, but the quality of the photographs of celestial bodies is just awesome.

Feel free to post avatars as you see fit. If I had only one, I guess it might confuse some, but as they rotate, I couldn't see how it could hurt.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
well Grady I guess that answers my question that I u2u'd you about... it does rotate....lmao.. now I am going to check this out too.. I have a few I would like to rotate also... cool.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The site is not the easiest to navigate, but once you get everything set, it's pretty foolproof. If you need help, just post here.

[edit on 2006/8/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I got there and set up my rotating avatar without too much trouble, it does seem to load them a bit slow though. But for free it is a pretty good deal.

Hope that they will not get too many users and go the way of "Avatar Avenue"

I lost some of my better avatars there. (Did'nt have a hard copy of a couple of them, got deleted from my computer somehow)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Randomimage.net as we once knew it is no more. It is under new ownership and the new software does not support random images. Hmmm. That's kind of a paradox isn't it. Well, they claim to be working on it, but I'm made a little skeptical by this email I got when I opened a new account:

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you registered an account at randomimage.net RandomImage is now under new ownership and has outgrew its current software, we have now upgraded to some excellent powerfull software which is full of new and exciting features to enable you to get the best from our free image hosting. Sadly it is impossible to import your existing account and images, so you will be required to create another account and re-upload your images, we are sure that the new features of the software and increased stability of the software will make it worth your while.

We are curently in the process of waiting for the dns changes to take effect which will take about 24hours from the time of this email, in the meantime you can access our site and create an account at the following ip 64.202.124.244... untill the dns changes take effect and then you will be able to access random image from our usual website address randomimage.net... To avoid any downtime to your images hosted with us then please create an account and re-upload your images.

Regard
Paul

If Paul doesn't know how to use a spell checker, I'm wondering what else he doesn't know.

[edit on 2006/8/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Hope that they will not get too many users and go the way of "Avatar Avenue"

It's almost as if they heard me say that.

I feel like I shot my self in the foot.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here's a new rotating avatar hosting site:

addf.net...

It will only hold 9 avatars, but that's not bad for the price (free). It also does 15 signatures.

Edit: Clarity

[edit on 2006/8/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think I'm breaking these rotating avatar sites

I set up a rotating avatar with avataravenue and within a couple of days the site ceased to exist, then a few days back I set up a rotator with random image and now this happens

Sorry guys!
I think I'll just stick with my static avatar!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Here's a new rotating avatar hosting site:

addf.net...

It will only hold 9 avatars, but that's not bad for the price. It also does 15 signatures.

Price? For rotating avatars? :|

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join