It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prophecy From ST.Nilus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Illmatic, the Mahdi you describe curiously enough fit's to the last description the Christian antichrist! Thanks for filling in that the temple Antichrist will sit in during the 7 year period is actually a rebuilt mosque and not the old temple. Now it all makes sense. I highly suggest you be vigilant about this Mahdi, it's too much of a coincidence that your Mahdi is scripture's son of perdition which will attempt to rule the World from Jerusalem and (try to) kill the Jews and the core group of Christians who see his deception. This is too much of a coincidence.

Check this out:
answering-islam.org...
answering-islam.org.uk...

Scary. This Mahdi (a concept found in 7th-8th century Muslim Hadiths) fit's the prophet Daniel's (a writer nearly a millenium older than the Hadiths) physical, theological descriptions to the last detail. It's amazing. Interestingly, the Antichrist of Muslim Hadiths also resembles the true Christ in one aspect- he returns at the end to combat the Mahdi. This Mahdi is going to get shot or wounded in the head in year 3.5 of his reign. He will come back to life (not die). This will be when his reign strengthens.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
CHRISTIAN PASTORS,

I know this post was made years ago, but since the thread has been resurrected, it's fair to point out problems in the OP nonetheless.

At the time this was supposedly written (1651), did Catholics recognize protestant pastors as Christians? ...anachronism

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
That was the first thing I thought when I read who wrote this prophecy, but it is half right nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
That was the first thing I thought when I read who wrote this prophecy, but it is half right nonetheless.

If it's written after the fact, half right is a rather poor grade.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It was written 4 centuries before the date it talk's about. How can that be bad?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It may be a hoax ....

www.orthodoxwiki.org...

The Prophecy of St. Nilus is an apocryphal work of uncertain origin (thus often referred to as the Prophecy of Pseudo-Nilus) predicting the apocalypse to occur in the 19th or 20th century (depending on the version of the text). As there are serious problems with the text, it is clear that it was either not written by St. Nilus or that it has been altered in translation. With the advent of the Internet, the work has taken on the status of urban legend.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
It was written 4 centuries before the date it talk's about. How can that be bad?

If there is an anachronism, that's rather significant evidence it was written later. Even if it were a true prophecy, the authorwould still not use the anachronism of referring to heretics (from his perspective) as Christians.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i agree with jedi master, the iraq's would never ally with iran and nor will iran be able to aquaire or afford weopons powerful enough to defeat the west. This is obviously biased towards the muslims idea of the end days, but not to say there havn't been some crazy christian end of days propocies.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
All I know for sure is that a Jewish pope would in all likelihood annoy a large amount of Muslims.

But I pray to God that it doesn't end in war.

Perhaps George Galloway is the European ally of the Muslims. He's in the Big Brother House now in England, I hope it doesn't change his basic principles. He seems like a man with a lot of respect for the suffering of others.

*Edited for possible mistakes.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Simon_the_byron]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
All I know for sure is that a Jewish pope would in all likelihood annoy a large amount of Muslims.

I suspect it would annoy a large number of Catholics as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I suspect it might annoy everyone that holds on to a religion dearly and doesn't hold on to love dearly enough.

Could it start a war? Certainly.

Am I worried about the possibility or war? Yes.

Which is why I think it would be an awful/ dangerous idea.

People often let religion get in the way of love.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hi and thank you Simon for bringing this one back!

reply to member on St John of Kronstandt///.......
St. John of Kronstadt was born in the village of Soura in North Russia in 1829. He was loved by both rich and poor, by noblemen and beggars...
St John of Kronstadt also saw a vision of the Antichrist....

The Holy and Righteous John of Kronstadt recalled this vision which he had in January of 1901

After evening prayers I laid down to rest a little in my dimly lit cell since I was fatigued. Hanging before the icon of the Mother of God was my lit lampada.
Not more than a half hour had passed when I heard a soft rustle. Someone touched my left shoulder, and in a tender voice said to me,
"Arise servant of God John and follow the will of God!"
I arose and saw near the window a glorious starets1 (elder) with frosty grey hair, wearing a black mantia, and holding a staff in his hand.
He looked at me tenderly and I could scarcely keep from falling because of my great fear. My hands and feet trembled, and I wanted to speak, but my tongue would not obey me.
The starets made the sign of the cross over me, and calm and joy soon came over me. Then I made the sign of the cross myself.
He then pointed to the western wall of my cell with his staff in order that I should notice a certain spot.
The starets had inscribed on the wall the following numbers: 1913, 1914, 1917, 1922, 1924, and 1934.
Suddenly the wall vanished, and I walked with the starets toward a green field and saw a mass of crosses thousands standing as gravemarkers.

ssppoc.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi/
Here's more I found on Saint Nilus/

Note. 1917 is precisely the year of the Deposition of the Orthodox Emperor, and the end of the flow of Slavic monks to Athos, which caused a decline of more than 50% in number, and a worse spiritual invasion of " Modernists."
Perhaps the worst of these is Bartholomeos, elected in 1992, who hates Sacred Tradition, and is striving every single day to achieve union with every kind of heretic, Papist, Anglican, Monophysite, Nestorian or whatever, since he is a disciple of Freemasonry. Several other evil events came to pass in 1992 ( 7,500 A.C.

orthodoxchristian.blogspot.com...

More information Here

Thus St. Nilus the Myrrh-gusher prophesied: "On the seal will be written the following: 'I am yours.' 'Yes, you are mine.' 'I go willingly, not by force.' 'And I accept you in accordance with your will, and not by force.' These are four utterances, or inscriptions, which will be written in the middle of this accursed seal...”

Saint Kosmas(16th century) and Elder Paisios(+1994) prophecy....Prophecy concerning the BALKANS,Russia,Cyprus, Greece and Turkey.....
PDF files...
pigizois.net...

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This is not a Prophecy. It's a vague rephrasing of statements made thousands of years before. It's also a weaker and less intresting rephrasing. It's more like "bad bad bad" then anything else. It's a church thumping statement over the power of personalized spirituality.

Also needless to say, or so it seems to me, that it actually has very little if nothing to do with the true word of God over the orginaztion of the state of church.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
This is not a Prophecy. It's a vague rephrasing of statements made thousands of years before. It's also a weaker and less intresting rephrasing. It's more like "bad bad bad" then anything else. It's a church thumping statement over the power of personalized spirituality.

Also needless to say, or so it seems to me, that it actually has very little if nothing to do with the true word of God over the orginaztion of the state of church.

Hi/

Sure it is a prophecy!

What is a ''bad bad bad'' ???
......personalized spirituality?
Actually THIS is Ancient Christianity.

The monk and the Elder that I refer to above, are followers of prayer,fasting and living according to the Word of God!
as was in the Early church...
You, on the other hand, are SUPPOSEDLY an(oops)I mean, THE ''Archangel Michael'' and what more can I say......
Humble...
YOU...
are NOT!!!
In the writing of the above prophecy, there is no self made Scripture added, nor is there added mumbo jumbo of what you so very much seem to go into!

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I remember reading many beautiful things from St. Nilus in an old Orthodox prayer book of my great-grandmother. I also recall reading frightening things as well -- although now I am not frightened, perhaps just resigned to watching the world crumble under its delusions of technological achievement.

May St. Nilus the Myrrh-bearer pray for us, weak and sinful, that we may greet the Day of Christ with joy. Amen.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Hi Pellevoisin/

It's amazing that many Prophecies of the Old are just being so called Resurrected!

For the people that are disbelievers, it is common knowledge for them to deny and attack such pious people of righteousness.
This prophecy may sound like it was written by a non schooled person,as it may be the case, but the original was in Greek and therefore translated into the English.
I have many Greek Prophecies that yet have been translated into the English.
Many of these prophecies are coming out.
To the disbelievers, I leave you with this Scripture....
...... "But how are men to call upon him in whom they have not believed?
And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?
And how are they to hear without a preacher?
And how can men preach unless they are sent?
........." As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach good news!" But they have not all obeyed the gospel; for Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?" So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ ( Rom 10:14-17).
\
ICXN
helen

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

A little on Prophecy since some people think the writing is not matching the year it was said.
The prophecies presented are written in the persons language,so when they are translated,they of-course sound much like the wording of today...Unless people understand to read Greek ,Russian, Serbian or whatever mother tongue these people spoke of that time in their country,you will get a translation of it as it is.

The link to the prophecy of Saint John of Kronstadt is not working.
His prophecy was a vision this Saintly man had in the year 1901
''The Holy and Righteous John of Kronstadt recalled this vision which he had in January of 1901''

.......Finally, I saw the cupola of Jerusalem.
Above it was a star.
Within the church millions of people thronged and still many more were trying to enter inside.
I wanted to make the sign of the cross,
but the starets grabbed my hand and said,
"Here is the abominaton of desolation!"
So we entered into the church,and it was full of people.
I saw an altar on which tallow candles were burning.
On the altar was a king in red,
blazing,
porphyry.
On his head was a golden crown with a star.
I asked the starets,
"Who is this?"
He replied,
the Antichrist!"
He was very tall with eyes like fire,
black eyebrows,
a wedge-shaped beard,
a ferocious, cunning, evil, and terrible face.
He alone was on the altar and he reached his bands out to the people.
He had claws as those of a tiger for hands and he shouted,
"I am King I am God.
I am the Leader.
He who does not have my seal will be put to death."

All the people fell down and worshipped him,
and he began to place his seal on their lips and on their hands in order that they should receive some bread and not die from hunger and thirst. Around the antichrist his servants were leading several people whose hands were bound as they had not bowed down to worship him.
They said,
"We are Christians,
and we all believe in our Lord Jesus Christ!"
The Antichrist ripped off their heads in a flash and Christian blood began to flow.

A child was then led to the altar of the Antichrist to worship him,
but he boldly proclaimed, "I am a Christian and believe in our Lord Jesus Christ,
but you are a minister,
a servant of satan!"
"Death to him!"
exclaimed the Antichrist
Others who accepted the seal of the Antichrist fell down and worshipped him.

There is a brief explanation of words unknown and their meanings in the link provided...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It seems Mister that you dont like Medieval Age (Lutheran or something like, are You??).
About servs and lords- its much the same now, we need visas and passports to travel, which wasnt the case in that times, so the local authorities, police prefects etc are the Raubritters barons of today. And the chains of slavery are more subtle- made of credits, mortgages, salaries etc. There always are peoples free of that all, but it has nothing to do with our times being more "civilised". "Liberated" Irak and Afganistan, CHristians sold in North Africa for handfull of dolars, Barbaric regimes making friends with westerners because of oil, Homicides and plagues. Not really big change, maybe in the scale. We-just the few countries live in a small bubble of comfort thats all.
We have euthanasia being semi legal. About the concubines...well there was no paparazzis in that era...

About that prophecy...seems a bit too accurate to be original one...

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

people's minds will grow cloudy from carnal passions,

Ahh…if only….

AND PRIESTS WILL BECOME VIAL MEN

Vial…or vile?

Lust, adultery, homosexuality, secret deeds, and murder will rule in society.

There was no such word as homosexuality in 1651 or 430

So what was the original text about then?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join