It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 Billion People Served???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I find this rather hard to believe.... the mcdonalds in my hood has a counter under the big M that reads "99 billion served"....

how the heck do they know its at 99 billion? do they pay someone to count every person who comes in or does a computer do it? even if it was at 99,000,000,000 and you the math...

99 billion divide 51 years of mcdonads gives you 1,941,176,470 customers a YEAR,

1,941,176,470 divided 365 days a year gives you 5,318,291 customers a day at mcdonalds world wide.

does this sound right to most people or way off or not even close??? i think they up the number a few thousand to get the attention if you ask me. but i do love my big macs!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Over 100 nations on this planet have a maccas somewhere. So therefore each country would have to serve 53, 183 customers a day, a more realistic number. I could not find exact numbers of stores worldwide, perhaps something to do with the fact that a new outlet is opened every three hours somewhere in the world!!!

To me, that is disgusting. I swear I could taste the cardboard the last time I bit into one of their horrible, limp roles.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
it's totally believablt. look at how fat our fellow americans are getting.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Over 100 nations on this planet have a maccas somewhere. So therefore each country would have to serve 53, 183 customers a day, a more realistic number. I could not find exact numbers of stores worldwide, perhaps something to do with the fact that a new outlet is opened every three hours somewhere in the world!!!

To me, that is disgusting. I swear I could taste the cardboard the last time I bit into one of their horrible, limp roles.

every 3 hours!!! mcdonalds is taking over the world! i knew it!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

every 3 hours!!! mcdonalds is taking over the world! i knew it!

They're the real NWO. Beware!

I always though it was how many burgers served, but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They probably take total annual sales and divide it by the average meal price (4-5 bucks or whatever). That seems to me the easiest way to do it (although when I worked there back in the day we did have lists of every single order).

The food is so bad for you but, like everything else, it's ok in moderation.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Unlike Soylent Green
It's not PEOPLE.

It's the number of Burgers Served.
But it's still an awful lot of salty greasy gutbombs..

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

That is probably even an understatement. We easily had 1000 customers a day at our McDs ... and there are WAAAAAAAAAAY more than 53 McDs in the US lol.

And that sounds about right ... although 2400 stores a year is crazy.

Walgreens supposedly opens a new store every day or twice a day. 300-600 stores though pales in comparison to McDeath.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I saw this on a huge sign in flagstaff, AZ .......for some reason I became overwhelmingly depressed soon afterwards. . .

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It is way over 99 billion by now. Likely they are at 175 Billion served.

McDonalds stopped adding to the counter in 1994 now all the signs read "Over 99 Billion Served" or "Billions and Billions Served."

www.rmhc.org...

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax "Billions and Billions Served."

Hey, did they steal that line from Carl Sagan?? lmao

It's still a heck of a lot of burgers!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
something is going on, if i were, i would switch to the KING hahahaha

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
this mcdonalds thing is a conspiracy. they put some chemical or drug in their food that gets you hooked so after you eat there once they know youll come back.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME RONALD MCDONALD!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You wana see an awsome movie....see supersize me !
Its all about this, how some guy almost died easting mckillmyself.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

this mcdonalds thing is a conspiracy. they put some chemical or drug in their food that gets you hooked so after you eat there once they know youll come back.

That is not far from the truth.
McDonalds markets to the children, who actually make most of the decisions on where the family eats out. Kids get their toy in their own “kids meal.” They have Birthday Parties there. The mascot is a clown. Every restaurant has a play area.
If you can get your customer base “hooked” on you at a young you are likely to have them as a customer for life. The tobacco industry knew this as well. Before laws were made that bared the tobacco companies to market towards children they did it all the time.
Coca-cola has knows the power of marketing towards children and has been doing it for years.
The Soft Drink Industry: Putting Money Before Children's Health

Here are a few of the most recognizable logos in the world, even in 3rd world countries.

www.dinesh.com...

What do these things have in common?
Child Marketing.

Children are being brainwashed into brand loyalty they grow up and hold the loyalty as adults.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
McDonalds markets to the children, who actually make most of the decisions on where the family eats out. Kids get their toy in their own “kids meal.” They have Birthday Parties there. The mascot is a clown. Every restaurant has a play area.
If you can get your customer base “hooked” on you at a young you are likely to have them as a customer for life. The tobacco industry knew this as well. Before laws were made that bared the tobacco companies to market towards children they did it all the time.

Nothing like getting them hooked on sodium and sugars when they are young.

I am also convinced there is something of a narcotic nature in their cheese.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Coca-cola has knows the power of marketing towards children and has been doing it for years.
The Soft Drink Industry: Putting Money Before Children's Health

Here are a few of the most recognizable logos in the world, even in 3rd world countries.

www.dinesh.com...

What do these things have in common?
Child Marketing.

Children are being brainwashed into brand loyalty they grow up and hold the loyalty as adults.

your right about that umbrax. i have seen supersize me... but remember different people have different metaboloism. that guy in the movie got huuge fast.... slow metabolism.

im still 19... i could eat mcdonalds 3 times a week, and a whole meal, and in a few days it would be out of my system and id be at 145lbs again. just lucky i guess!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

im still 19... i could eat mcdonalds 3 times a week, and a whole meal, and in a few days it would be out of my system and id be at 145lbs again. just lucky i guess!

Oh... *evil laugh* that will change!! That's what I used to think as well, and alas, I promise you, that usually doesn't last forever. There may come a time when you feel as though you might as well tape that BigMac directly to your thighs!

new topics

top topics

join