It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOD'S GATES"- A Mirror To "HEAVEN'S GATE". More Suicides?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This a second attempt at re-writing this thread. My first attempt was trashed because my writing style (all caps) was mistaken for "rants and raves". I should have put a disclaimer and explained my writing style first before writing my thread. I usually write in "all caps"- not to rant and rave. It's just to be bold.

"God's Gates" - A New Apocalyptic Suicide On The Rise?

Here are 2 URLs to a two Page Apocalyptic UFO/ End of Days scenario website/ religion.

webspawner.com...
&
webspawner.com...

The above URLs are part of a two paged website to an Apocalyptic Doomsday UFO movement that call themselves "GOD'S GATES" (spelling of title in bold letters as is). On their website, they explain that they used to be called "The Spectrum Twylight" (hence we have Wisconsin's thread), but changed their name to "God's Gate" because, the way I percieved it, God told them to. This is no ordinary UFO group. These individuals follow Heaven's Gate as some sort of main truth. The pastor of the website used to be a former Mulderite, but claims to have been kicked out of that religion because he or she agreed with Marshal Applewhite's doctrine of suicide. Applewhite was the charismatic leader of a UFO group called Heaven's Gate when he and 38 of his followers committed mass suicide in a mansion at Rancho, Sante Fe. This was done in March 29 of 1997 on the Easter weekend. The 39 people ingested over a thousand milligrams of Phenobarbitol (an anti-seizure medication) mixed with pudding and applesauce, guzzled down with vodka for speedier results.

The website apparently bashes anybody who bashed Heaven's Gate. Of all the UFO groups that this God' Gates could have picked for inspiration, why did they have to pick such an extremist view from such a radical viewpoint as Heaven's Gate? If they side with Heaven's Gate and follow Heaven's Gate with a slight different point or two (as their page I website describes), then what's next? We are closing in on 2007. In due time, it will be March of 2007- exactly 10 years after the Heaven's gate suicides. Anybody see where I'm going with this? Read page 2 of their website (the second URL). You will see some frightening reasoning that can or will send a chill up your spine. It did to me.

Sincerely,

Spike.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by spikevenoms]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

We are a group of men who believe in UFOs and Apocalyptic conspiracies- since the days of the Bible. We hail "Heaven's Gate" (a UFO cyber sect that committed mass suicide in 1997) as "heroes" that left this world to a better world.

Very disturbing indeed!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I checked out the Gods gate website and it does have some horrific reasoning to it. I think I like the Mulderites better.

Wisconsin

join