It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! THE FIRST SURVEY RESULTS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, as of this writing, 153 people have responded to the survey, which is about 44% of everyone who has visited the site since the survey went online... a damn good slice of opinion, much better than anything Nielsen uses.

You can see the live tally here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But here's the short story:

Question 1 was basic: Please give us your overall impression of AboveTopSecret.com's discussion board, and be as accurate as possible.

61% said, "It rocks, easily one of the best boards on the Internet."
27% said, "Pretty good. Better than most boards."

Which means 88% of our members thinks ATS is above average or better. Not bad. But then, we might expect a high skew from regular members.

Question 2 might reveal more about our recent "turmoil": Please give us your general opinion of the overall membership of the Abovetopsecret.com message board.

65% said, "Mostly very good. Some crazies are about, but most members are top-notch."
17% said, "Average. Just like any other message board."

For the most part, two-thirds believe our members are above average. Single-digit percentages define the other answers. Not bad, perhaps room for some improvement here as we aspire to be more than just above average.

Question 7 had many people on the staff curious: What do you feel best describes your opinon of the way ATS/BTS is managed?

49% said, "Pretty good. Fair and even-handed control of a busy board."
33% said, "Average. Some things get through the cracks, but mostly it's okay."

This is a surprise. With some of the tone of complaint we've seen over the past few days, one-half of you think the management of ATS is fair and even-handed, and one-third of you think it mostly okay. I must say I'm please to see this.

Question 9 implies that perhaps we need crisis intervention teams for people addicted to ATS: How many times a week do you visit ATS/BTS?

42% said, "More than once a day."
45% said, "Just about every day."
23% said, "Pretty much all day."

This means that two-thirds of you are here more than once a day or more.

And finally, 23% mentioned they forget to click the Google ads, and only 20% say they click every day.

Thank you one and all for participating in this encouraging and helpful survey. More will be coming very soon.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by William]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
anything to help the site

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's up to 156 now!

KEEP GOING YEAH!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Question 9 implies that perhaps we need crisis intervention teams for people addicted to ATS: How many times a week do you visit ATS/BTS?

42% said, "More than once a day."
45% said, "Just about every day."
23% said, "Pretty much all day."

This means one-third of you are here more than once a day or more.

Well because I have to be seen to be "fair and even handed" I should point that it's 2 thirds.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Question 9 implies that perhaps we need crisis intervention teams for people addicted to ATS

OMG!

JB1 is SO right!

*Looks down, and scuff kicks the floor*

Hi my name is Advisor...and...I'm addicted to...ats.

*JB1 says*
"What, I didn't hear you?"

*My reply*
ATS OK!

I'm addicted to ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's okay Advisor, you're not alone.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Heh! Since the Google Ads started appearing, I'm one of the many people who've gotten a blanket-U2U from William. If memory serves correctly, he did mention that clicking on at least 1 Ad per day was their primary request...But it was also added that more than 3 times per day would be pretty much useless.

Since my personal resources to donate are quite limited (read: non-existant), I've been clicking the (recommended max of) 3 Ads (admittedly, pretty much randomly) each time I come in here.

...Hey, if it's the extent of what I can do for ATS, then that's what I'll do...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
MD,

agreed we should all commit to click for the price of admission!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Question 2 might reveal more about our recent "turmoil": Please give us your general opinion of the overall membership of the Abovetopsecret.com message board.

65% said, "Mostly very good. Some crazies are about, but most members are top-notch."
17% said, "Average. Just like any other message board."

For the most part, two-thirds believe our members are above average. Single-digit percentages define the other answers. Not bad, perhaps room for some improvement here as we aspire to be more than just above average.

Basically that is a very hard thing to do.
I am a member of one internet community with 44,729 registered members , and I think it has the best posters of any I've been to. The reason is the moderators crack down on everything. Some say they are being "nazi's" while most who read there everyday appreciate it; because it does help to keep out the riff raff trolls and such. ATS is doing a pretty decent job, but I could not vote for anything but average in this matter.

Basically unless you have a very small board dedicated to a single purpouse, only attracting a few hardcore fans/followers/whatever of the purpouse of the board. Or you have what lots consider to be "nazi" mods, you will have an influx of trolls, and people who look just to ruin other peoples day by being idiots.

I belong to one of the small boards I described, I think it might have a 100 members, but maybe only 40 regulars.. and it discusses things usually related to RPG genre of videogames. We don't get many trolls there, because it's hard for them to go very long without a mod noticing them.. where as on a large forum with many subforums, and hundreds to thousands of posts a day, trolls can go for a couple days before mods notice them.

ANd then especially on a board like ATS, where you have many controversial issues coming up in the various forums, many people will see anyone who doesn't agree with them on all of the issues, as sub-par posters. I know alot here are able to see both sides of the coin, but there are also alot who are set in their ways, and hate that others don't see everything the way they do.

If that made any sense at all.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by EWom]

top topics

join