It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp: Misc. Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First I would like to thank you for coming to ATS. It is a great honor to be able to speak with you.

My questions are somewhat all over the board.

- Phoenix Lights. I am sure you have heard of this event. To me I have always considered this one of the most telling cases in UFOlogy. Would you mind giving your opinion on this event? Do you believe that it was 'flares' dropped by the military? Have you ever had a conversation with any of the newscasters in Pheonix about this?

Just incase you need your memory refreshed, or have never heard of this event, here is a link to a good clip

www.youtube.com...

Thank you very much for your time.

Admin Edit: Removed two additional questions from this post to keep the flow "readable and answerable" for all involved.
The poster's questions will be re-asked in seperate threads (one thread per question) per the guidelines of this forum.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by noslenwerd]

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A former on air colleague of mine from KLAS was working for a Phoenix TV station when these events occurred, so yes, I heard about it right away. I initially did a lot of phone interviews with people, in part because whatever as seen over Phoenix was also seen over the Las Vegas area on the same night, so there was a local angle to the story.

I don't believe that flares were responsible for the initial event, although--from what I remember--there was more than one incident. My hunch is that the military re-created the original event using flares and planes and then counted on this recreation to mollify the public. I have not followed the case all that closely so don't pretend to be an expert, but I know that other theories have popped up over the years to muddy the waters, sort of like the Roswell case. Wasn't there a story that stunt pilots did this for kicks? If you toss out enough bogus versions of the story, you can hopelessly pollute it forver, which is sort of what has happened with Roswell. Again, in my opinion, the people who want to keep a lid on this stuff are a lot better at their jobs than are the civilian researchers, myself included.

join