It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi torture video released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just got through watching this on fox news and all i can say they is that the regime are disgusting cowards!!

Thursday, October 30, 2003

WASHINGTON � A grisly videotape showing acts of torture carried out by Iraqi Republican Guard and Saddam Fedayeen militiamen has been declassified and obtained by Fox News.

After the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime in April, an Iraqi in Baghdad gave the tape to the U.S. Army's 308th Civil Affairs Brigade, V Corps. He told the soldiers he had more videos and was directly involved in their taping, having been ordered to do so by the Republican Guard.

The 23-minute long tape contains several scenes of Saddam Fedayeen fighters carrying out corporal punishment and at least one execution, probably of a Saddam Fedayeen member.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
and why are we really there again ?

May God have mercy on thier souls.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Eh. Big deal. Same thing goes on all over the place, especially Africa where they usually do more than torture. Such as limb removal on children so that they cannot carry firearms.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Big deal.

There's worse going on in many places around the world. Liberia, Uganda, Colombia, Pakistan, just to mention a few.

And what exactly do you think the CIA and those good ole boys in Guantanomo are doing to get info? Withholding meals? Using harsh language?

The US is EXPORTING criminals to countries that routinely torture and kill. Like Pakistan.

The U.S. has often skirted international extradition procedures by secretly sending scores of prisoners to countries like Jordan and Egypt and Pakistan, that routinely use torture in interrogations. CIA agents are reportedly taking part in a number of these interrogations, even as "advisors". A U.S. diplomat told the Washington Post, �It allows us to get information from terrorists in a way we can�t do on U.S. soil.� As in, using torture.

So as bad as Saddam and his cronies might have been, the US has no moral high ground to stand and say it's horrendous, when they do it themselves.

Here's some links to underscore the point.

The Guardian, March 12, 2002: "U.S. sends suspects to face torture," By Duncan Campbell
www.guardian.co.uk...

Washington Post, March 11, 2002: "U.S. Behind Secret Transfer of Terror Suspects," By Rajiv Chandrasekaran and Peter Finn, Washington Post Foreign Service
www.washingtonpost.com...

BUSINESS A.M. June 21, 2002: "Don't mention the T-word," By Jamie Dettmer
www.businessam.co.uk...

It's nothing but Fox News trying to pump up more fervor about Iraq.

"Okay okay, so there's no WMDs. THIS is the real reason we're there. USA! USA! USA!"

jakomo

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I knew that was coming. I'm starting to wish for a war with Canada. The feeling gets stronger with every one of Jakomo's posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Also in Africa:

Cannibalism

"Pygmies are being pursued in the forests. People have been eaten. This is nothing more, nothing less, than a crime against humanity."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Systematic rape

"She was bleeding a lot. She told me they had tied her mouth and raped her many times, but I didn't know what rape was."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Genocide

"Fifty of the bodies were found yesterday, some were mutilated and may have been cannibalised, Monuc spokesman Hamadoun Toure told AP."

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's a shame that these things get so little media coverage

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Fry2: "I'm starting to wish for a war with Canada."

Ha, good one! I can just picture you dressed in your animal skins beating your big club into the dirt as you grunt, a half-eaten cheeseburger hanging out of your mouth.

You want to know one of the FUNNIEST things I ever see? Whenever I travel to Europe or Asia, Americans SEW CANADIAN FLAGS onto their clothes or tell people they are Canadians rather than Americans.

That's because we have good relations with every other country in the world.

And fyi, everyone laughs at the "false Canadians" because it's usually pretty clear to everyone that they're Americans anyway, as soon as they engage in any discussions about the rest of the world.

I love Canada, and hey, so do a lot of other people. Many of them non-Canadian. Because we mind our own damn business and we don't act arrogant and bully people.

Oh, and guess how much oil we have....

jakomo

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
LOL O' Canada (beautiful landscape though) they keep to themselves because they dont care about anyone else. But we did have a war with Canada awhile back remember?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I love Canada, and hey, so do a lot of other people. Many of them non-Canadian. Because we mind our own damn business and we don't act arrogant and bully people.

I like Canada too. I just tire of the whining liberals spewing about how the U.S. is so evil while we cover Canada in our defense grid. You couldn't bully anyone even if you wanted to. Your only effective military is the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.

Who cares about the oil? We'll take the Lumber and Water. Thanks
(just kidding there)

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hippiedude: "LOL O' Canada (beautiful landscape though) they keep to themselves because they dont care about anyone else. But we did have a war with Canada awhile back remember?"

Yep, it was the War of 1812 and we beat you. In 1814, during the War of 1812, the White House was set on fire along with the U.S. Capitol Building. By us.

If Canada had lost the War of 1812, we'd be Americans. Close call, I'd say.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Iraqi war means one less institution supporting these kinds of things.

On the note of Africa, Africa has many more problems than Iraq and would be much harder to fix. Iraq had one problem - Hussien. If there were a plan to help Africa, I would give it thought. A life time of horror and poverty still has its negative affects; it would require a life time of commitment to heal.

The 81 billion would do lots more help to society if it was used to fight aids and even more so: maternal death after child birth because of poor or no professional care. The only problem with this is that it couldn't be tied to help America be safer etc. Makes me wonder why helping other people could ever possibly ever be honorably tied to helping ones self.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The american government will not declassify much about what they do but when it comes to what another government does they have no problem in declassifing the information.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am Canadian and I can tell you that Jakomo does not speak for me or many people I know.

Notice what has happened in Canada in recent months.

Our brave anti-US Prime Minister has been publicly humiliated and is set to retire soon. He isn't even the boss anymore and rumours are that he will leave even earlier than first stated.

He is a Quebecer and loyal to the french. His replacement is a Quebecer also but he promises to 'improve relations with the US as a priority' when he takes office.

The left lost this battle. It didn't have to be this way, I told them not to do it but they could not help themselves. Now they will pay.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
TheNeo: "I am Canadian and I can tell you that Jakomo does not speak for me or many people I know.

Get out more. We had millions of people here in Montreal protesting the war. A couple of thousand over the weekend protesting the Occupation.

"Our brave anti-US Prime Minister has been publicly humiliated and is set to retire soon. He isn't even the boss anymore and rumours are that he will leave even earlier than first stated.

Publicly humiliated? How? What public? The Canadian public?

And he announced his retirement before the war on Iraq. He had a lot of public support for his stance against the US in the War in Iraq, except in a few small pockets in the Prairies.

"He is a Quebecer and loyal to the french. His replacement is a Quebecer also but he promises to 'improve relations with the US as a priority' when he takes office.

Paul Martin, Chretien's replacement, has said no such thing. It's not listed on his site, so let's say you are misinformed instead of a liar, m'kay?

www.paulmartin.ca...

"The left lost this battle. It didn't have to be this way, I told them not to do it but they could not help themselves. Now they will pay.

HAHA! Here's a news flash. Chretien and his replacement Paul Martin are in the SAME FREAKIN POLITICAL PARTY! The Liberals! If they're leaning left with Chretien, they'll still be leaning left with Martin.

And you TOLD the entire left not to do what? They'll pay for what?

What kind of medication do you take? Is it free under Medicare?

jakomo

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jakomo,

Montreal and Quebec is not Canada.

In fact you people do not consider yourselves Canadian for the most part.

Sorry but the rest of the country for the most part does not share the views of Quebec on this subject while in Quebec there was strong support for France against the US from day one.

The two solitudes continue to move apart day by day.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is the old...

"remind the people why we're over there" ploy... Man, are the spin doctors really using tactics from the '40s??? Geez...let's get some new blood in there...Jazz it up some guys!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought it was spin too. Plus, it was released to Fox News
And I didn't see any excution or cutting off of hands--the quality was kinda shakey and there was one part where a guy was standing on top of a building and they said he was forced to jump...didn't see that either but it doesn't mean it wasn't there. I'm just saying if you are going to release something like this then don't be a pansy about it--show the damn thing.

And you Canadians shouldn't get to comfortable. With your cheap drugs, you are causing quite a mess for our big drug companies. Soon you will be included in the war on drugs...just ask Columbia what that means.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

I like Canada too. I just tire of the whining liberals spewing about how the U.S. is so evil while we cover Canada in our defense grid. You couldn't bully anyone even if you wanted to. Your only effective military is the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.

Who cares about the oil? We'll take the Lumber and Water. Thanks
(just kidding there)

Who's going to invade Canada anything soon? I think a defense grid that includes Canada would be a waste of money.

join