It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was out having a smoke on my deck at about 3:15 am. I was looking upward as you do when u have excess time on your hands, and i saw a small white/blue light appear and whizz across the sky. It was very split second... as if it was already travelling in that direction and it only became visible for a split second... odd 2 explain. Anywho, it was visible for about a second and it travelled in a slightly upward direction... no noise was accociated with it. It was against cloud and was bigger and slower than a shooting star so im mildly baffled at the moment...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If it was visible for just a second it sounds like a shooting star/debris falling to earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It could have jst been my perspective, but it didnt look like it was falling as it was heading in an upward direction. And it was infront of cloud. if something is that close, it wouldnt appear and dissapear... unless i could see it through the cloud... meh, i jst dnt kno

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It sounds like it could have been an iridium flare. That would be a reflection off of a satellite. It is a very short lived occurance, only lasting a fraction of a second. Here is a link to better explain them.

satobs.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you wanted to double-check you could go to www.heavens-above.com and check for irridium flares for the last 24 hours. You can pull up a screen that shows where you are and where they would have occured in the sky relative to your position and at what time it would have taken place.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pylonmetaphor
It sounds like it could have been an iridium flare.

Thinking back, it could have very well been an iridium flare. Cheers Pylon

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeyz
I was out having a smoke on my deck at about 3:15 am. I was looking upward as you do when u have excess time on your hands, and i saw a small white/blue light appear and whizz across the sky. It was very split second... as if it was already travelling in that direction and it only became visible for a split second... odd 2 explain. Anywho, it was visible for about a second and it travelled in a slightly upward direction... no noise was accociated with it. It was against cloud and was bigger and slower than a shooting star so im mildly baffled at the moment...

Interesting....

I also saw something that sounds a lot like that!

A couple years ago I noticed a "ball" of blue-green light appear from nowhere. It sped along quite fast, but had no tail like a meteor would.
It was visible for several seconds before it changed directions & made a hard 90 degree turn & accellerated out of sight.

.........Also, no sound present.

This was up in Northern Michigan, over the bay.

It's nice to know someone else has seen a similar "thing". Because I SWEAR I was stone sober when I saw it.

Thanks for posting your experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Always glad to help, Monkeyz

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Iridium Flares do not wiz across the sky.

They seem almost stationary , even though the Satellite producing the reflection can be traveling thousands of m/p/h in orbit.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Marko, sounds like you saw something besides an iridium flare. Satellites are in orbital patterns that they do not they venture from, therefore no 90 degree turns possible. Maybe something a little extraterrestrial there, eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pylonmetaphor
Marko, sounds like you saw something besides an iridium flare. Satellites are in orbital patterns that they do not they venture from, therefore no 90 degree turns possible. Maybe something a little extraterrestrial there, eh?

Man! I really don't know!
I CAN tell you this was right around dusk, so the sky was still fairly light.

Whatever it was that I saw, was within our atmosphere, .......
& guessing the distance from me...... that's hard to tell... but it was no further away than a small plane would be. (OK, That is an estimate... since I don't know for sure WHAT it was, or what SIZE it was)

I'm still puzzled to this day. And even MORE now, since someone else has mentioned seeing what sounds like the same type of thing I did.

I've considered "Ball Lightning" as a theory, but all the photos I've seen of THAT, don't look like the blue-green thing I saw.

Hmmmmm.....
Maybe someday I'll actually know.......
????

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Iridium Flares do not wiz across the sky.

They seem almost stationary , even though the Satellite producing the reflection can be traveling thousands of m/p/h in orbit.

so... it wasn't an iridium flare? Coz i have 2 say, "whizz" is the best way 2 describe its movement

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe not Monkeys because an iridium flare is more of a flash. Like a flash on a camera. Who knows, frankly I would like to believe it's more than that.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sounds like you had a little capillary activity on your retina. Like when you stand up to quick or get hit in the head and see stars. You had a little blood squish and it stimulated some of your visual receptor cells. It happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

so... it wasn't an iridium flare? Coz i have 2 say, "whizz" is the best way 2 describe its movement

One way to know for sure would be to see when you can watch the next Iridium Flare and see if it was anything like you witnessed.
( Heavens-above.com )

But if what you saw "wizzed" across the sky then I would say you can most likely rule out an Iridium Flare.

Originally posted by Enkidu

Sounds like you had a little capillary activity on your retina. Like when you stand up to quick or get hit in the head and see stars. You had a little blood squish and it stimulated some of your visual receptor cells. It happens.

Enkidu,

While that is possible and as you stated , it happens. However, almost no-one ever reports that as UFO sightings.

It's quite possible that the OP saw a UFO/UAP, it also happens.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

I've had my fair share of blows 2 the head, n i have 2 say, this was distinguishly something other than an optical illusion.

top topics

join