It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone ID this possible Masonic Emblem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was behind a car the other day that had three bumper medallians, one was the square and compass, on the far left, centered, the Shrine Crescent and Scimitar,
and on the right of the rear bumper, something like this:

Is it masonic? What is it? Thats a rough representation, it was diffiuclt to see. It seemed like the central symbol was more detailed, but I didn't get a chance to make it out. I don't know what the lettering was, but it was gold, somewhat thin, I couldn't tell what it said, if it was a phrase, acronym, or even if it was in english or greek-roman letters, so don't take the above as exact.

Ring any bells for anyone?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That is a hard one. The closest I seen with a red bar on the bottom is a rainbow girls emblem which is masonic related. As far as the sheild KofC has a sheild as does Knights Templar. The Knights Templar have used those colors and I believe the various KT mottos are in non english language. However all the emblems I have ever seen online or other don't come close to your picture.

Was the scale of the emblem exact as the shriners and Masonic emblem? If not it could vary very much so to local only orgs.

I know you are familar with the regular images I will post but let me know if anything looks close.

KT sheild

Rainbow obvious not it but here is the red sripe this is always on it's fartheest most edge

Keystone?

KofC sheild but I have not seen one with just the sheild maybe a past grand knight emblem

York Rite Sheild

[edit on 3-8-2006 by masonite]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's a little dinner napkin depicting a good variety of Masonic symbols and emblems.

That one you've shown is odd, though. I wonder if it is perhaps linked to just an individual lodge?

What do you think of the second one from the left? Only if it were in gold? These are with Lakeland Lodge in Roanoke, Virginia. I dunno, any of these ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia

What do you think of the second one from the left? Only if it were in gold? These are with Lakeland Lodge in Roanoke, Virginia. I dunno, any of these ring a bell?

The first is the emblem of a Master Mason, the second is the emblem of a Masonic Knight Templar, the third is the emblem of a 32° Scottish Rite Mason, the fourth is the emblem of a Shriner, and Order of the Eastern Star.

As for Nygdan's emblem, I've never seen it before.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow a genuine mystery!

masonite
Was the scale of the emblem exact as the shriners and Masonic emblem? If not it could vary very much so to local only orgs.

Yes! It was infact the same size, I hadn't considered that before. They seemed like they were placed as a set also, with one on each far side and then one in the center.

As noted, it might not be a masonic badge at all. I wish I could give more detail on the symbol in the center, but I really couldn't make it out any more than what I represented there, the bulk peice was very vague and seemed to be diveded, and then that top part was seperated by a small distance and was sorta like a net maybe. Could be a crown above something, could be a just a net even.
It really wasn't anything like the ones shown.

In that area, btw, there are the Knights of Pythias, Knights of Columbus, and I am sure that there is a masonic lodge somewhere around there, but, of course, there is no way to know where the guy was coming from (this was in NY btw).

Funnily enough, as I was later driving around that day, I was behind a car that had recognized masonic badges and a big bumper sticker that read "2b1ask1" with the square and compass in the middle.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nygdan,

Could it have possibly been this one? (or a variant with the words "Mirth is King" above?)

www.earthstores.com...

If so, this is the Royal Order of Jesters which is an "honorary" group for Shriners. Masons just love to create Degrees (which is probably much of the fuel for conspiracy theories)

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Appak]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hmm. I'd have to say no. The positioning of the elements is similar though, and the character in the center, maybe it would make sense as a silly little guy wearing a crown. I couldn't see very much detail in it though.

What I have as a red curve didn't look like a folded banner though either, or appear to have any writting on it. That part was distinct.

Whoever put the stickers there was a shriner though, so that seems like the best possibility yet, perhaps there are other variations of the colors of that badge. I think this might be a pretty good bet then if there are!

This was the shriner badge in the center, btw:
www.earthstores.com...

I can't recall which specific type of square and compass the other one was, but it looked like a 'regular' one.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here some more but nothing near a sheild and lower colored bar like in your graphic.

www.themaac.com...

www.nvo.com...

this image is comparable from a distance anything look familar heh

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I immediately got the
impression of a jewish letter !

I'd look at their alphabet !

top topics

join