It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Knowingly Lied About 9/11 to Commission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The 9/11 Commission was so concerned about the lack of truthfulness from the Pentagon concerning 9/11 that they actually considered referring the whole affair to the Justice Department for criminal investigation a report released today claims.

www.commondreams.org
Pentagon's Version of 9/11 Far from Truth, Panel Found
Some commission members wanted Justice Dept. probe
by Dan Eggen

WASHINGTON - Some staff members and commissioners of the Sept. 11 panel concluded that the Pentagon's initial story of how it reacted to the 9/11 terrorist attacks may have been part of a deliberate effort to mislead the commission and the public, according to sources involved in the debate.
Suspicion of wrongdoing ran so deep that the 10-member commission, in a secret meeting at the end of its tenure in summer 2004, debated referring the matter to the Justice Department for criminal investigation, said several commission sources.
Staff members and some commissioners thought that e-mails and other evidence provided enough probable cause to believe that military and aviation officials violated the law by making false statements to Congress and to the commission, hoping to hide the bungled response to the hijackings, the sources said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Oi Vie... that 9/11 is the Kennedy assassination of our time is without a doubt. We all know, obviously that something happened but to this day it cannot be determined what exactly it was. Was it the bill of goods that we have been sold by this administration, or is it something darker at the heart of American politics that motivated it. Nobody knows and this new report will just add fuel to the fire. I have said repeatedly that I did not believe that this administration had the imagination to pull 9/11 off, and I still don't... So, lacking further information I can only conclude that either they let it happen for political gain and that they are trying to cover it up OR they are simply trying to cover their asses to hide how inept they were/are. The official version is too simplistic for anyone but a simpleton to believe, the balance too dark.

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 2/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Related story covered from a different angle with transcript of the NORAD tapes can be found Here

The tapes alone are very chilling to listen to.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
3rd or 4th Thread on this subject ...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
thanks shots I was figuring how to splice the two together for one thread but reading it all gave me a headache.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah this "cover up" was covered in more detail on Shots thread. Some military members tried to make themselves and the military look as if it was more capable and alert during 9/11 than it really was, not surprising I might add but that’s pretty much much the story.

df1

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The tapes alone are very chilling to listen to.

What is more chilling is that the lies, deceptions & misinformation from our military did not end at 9/11 commission. Despite all of the denials, it continues today.

new topics

top topics

join