It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI covering up confirmed alien signals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
what made me skeptical about it, since, I used to run it ... was the fact I saw so many signal like spikes on the screensaver. I pretty much believed I was seeing signals, enough for me, case closed. No one else needs to believe.

I stopped using it, well, because I got tired of making my computer work so hard all the time. I did seti@home, folding@home, something with a 3D star system (pulses?), something with numbers ... I don't remember, it has been a while. All of them were using BOINC, and easily found if you search.

I might do it again if I get an expendable computer, but, not right now. I just think we should see some positive results from at least one of these projects mentioned in the news. Otherwise, what's the point? They have all been running for years on many computers. To me, something isn't adding up.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As usual, in agreement w/ ya Freethinker, what were the "spikes" in the SETI software like? Did they have/form patterns, could you describe it a little?

Also, I posted 2 new SETI videos, one of which could be a 'fake' or something but they're both strange. One about a minute and change, poster said it opened w/ the software, file ending was a lot of numbers and letters and it sounds like musical Transformers.

The other is about 4 minutes addressed "to seti" from someone. It's "still life" objects for awhile and then this strange device w/ blinking lights is shown for a couple seconds in, I didn't understand that one, maybe they're in possession of some sorta ET device, it's pretty cryptic.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just an observation guys but...From what I can see on these boards there is a contradiction here amongst a few of you.
One minuet your saying ceti wouldn't cover up the signals and the next your saying they would because of world religeon and wars, etc.
Now, surely your going down the path of actually showing that steven greer was right

For what its worth I don't trust none of them. Like most of you on here, I don't need no signals to tell me aliens exist and i agree that the money could be well spent on other things.
Just my ten cents worth

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This does sound like the chain of events that would happen following finding alien signals.

Although I don't think it happened. I think SETI is a good idea, but they are most likely doing it wrong. They are searching for other civilizations at OUR stage of technology, which is most likely very rare in a galaxy, my guess is anything under 5. They are searching for civilizations that use radio waves, radio waves are like using a loudspeaker to talk to each other in a jungle, it is very loud and clearly not nature-made, making it very easy to eavesdrop in-on. A civilization that is even 1000 years more advanced than us would certainly find a more efficient way of communication. If you've read about Transhumanism they suggest that you will be able to communicate without the aid of implants, by just using your brain. So if that is the case, which it will most likely happen eventually, why would they use radio waves to communicate? That would be like rubbing sticks to start a fire when you can just strike a match.

Like I said I support SETI but I'm not optimistic that they find anything,let alone tell us about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just watched the ancient aliens series and during a feature on SETI it made me think..what if these guys have received alien signals already & are not telling us? True enough the narrator said that SETI's protocol in the event of receiving an alien signal is to keep it secret & notify the government. The government will decide whether to release the information or not. I think that there is a good chance that SETI is keeping something from us.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

link   

link   

link