It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite anime?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So anime-fans what's your favorite anime? I like quite a few so I'm still thinking of which one I can declare as my fave.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Probably the Gundam series. Prince planet if ya like some old retro

FATMAN

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Don't watch anime anymore, but when I was younger i used to love

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
its a tough call , there are so many good ones

i mean u've got kenshin, hellsing, gungrave, robotech, escaflowne, trigun, full metal alchemist, cowboy bebop, samurai seven, samurai deeper kyo, samurai champloo, wolfs rain, NG Evangelion.... i could go on forever, and those are just the ones that actually have a series... there's multiple ones that are just in film format, like vampire hunter D and Akira.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Actually SM isn't too bad without all the editing that was forced on it when translated into the American series.

Out of the ones I managed to watch: R. Kenshin, Hellsing, Tenchi-Muyo, (a little bit of) Gundam, SM, Berserk, Trigun (a little bit), Champloo (some)

Anyone seen classics like Akira, Ghost in Shell or Mononoke? I really want to see Devilman Lady, it's freaky.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i would have to go with evangelion or akira, might seem obvious choices but akira pretty much got me into anime and evangelion was just wow. one reason i do like anime though is that it makes you think so much about whats going on, evangelion completly blew my mind, not only was i confused after the series, they then went on to do the alternative endings. i still am confused about it but thats why i love it because i cant figure the story out within 10 minutes.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series 1 and 2 are pretty good.

I like DBZ as well.

Anyone else remember a show called Macron 1?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Detective Conan, Trigun, and the most fully realised anime, Cowboy Bebop. Awesome drama.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'd have to say Ghost in the Shell (movies and series) are #1

Followed closely by Berserk, Gunslinger Girl, and Monster.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I used to watch alot of Anime back in the day, so its hard to choose which ones are my faves. Some of the Anime I watched alot were, The DragonBall series, Gundam series, Rurouni Kenshin, Wolfs Rain, Iria, and Outlaw Star.

I also really enjoyed Hayao Miyazaki's work, especially Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

Anyone remember Big O, that was alright.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Striker122]

new topics

top topics

join