It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many of YOU think Bush should stay president indefinatedly???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
And just who is going to invade our country to free us from tyranny?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

And just who is going to invade our country to free us from tyranny?

No one I hope!! The invading part, not the freeing us from tyranny part.

Put me down for a loud resounding NO!
I would rather light my pants on fire. Just the thought makes me extremely thankful for term limits.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would like a president with some vision who does things that makes our economy a lot stronger. I would also like someone who doesn't try to force some kind of new tax down our throats to enact universal health care for all. I believe I already pay too much in taxes. Guess that rules out Hillary Clinton as far as I'm concerned and Bush as well. I would like the president to help speed along alternative energy for our homes, power grid and transportation system. The many billions of dollars we spend on war might be better spent decreasing our need for foreign oil.

I would also like the future president to not favor abortion or gay marriage rights which I believe are the sole reasons Bush won the election the last time. The one good thing I see from all of these high gas prices is that it's helping to spur alternative energy via market forces. Our government certainly doesn't seem to be doing much to encourage alternative energy.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I vote no. I like the fact that a president can only run for two terms, it's nice to have someone new every 4-8 years, even if both parties have the same overall agenda.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'll say no. Even if I wanted him to stay, which I most certainly do not, he can't. there's that whole pesky little 22nd Amendment thingy.

As to a staged "terrorist" attack in order to cancel the next elections. I thought there was supposed to be one last go 'round? Or did I just miss it?

In January 2009, Mr. Bush will retire to Texas, write his memoirs, open his presidential library, and basically do what most of the previous ex-presidents before him have done...absolutely nothing of note. Which is as it should be...IMHO.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
NO! A thousand times NO!

Not unless the citizens enjoy having a DEATH CULT running the country.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not only should George Bush not remain president for even one minute longer than he's been allotted, but we may need a law preventing any other of his family members from holding public office for the rest of time. (And any members of the Walker family, now that I'm thinking about it.)

Fascists and traitors, all of 'em. A pox on both their houses.

Baack

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here's one for you (I can dream, can't I?) anyone who really wants to be President should be disqualified from ever having the office. What kind of a megalomaniac would even want that job? We ought to have to drag someone kicking and screaming into the position. Have some sort of nationwide search committee comprised of (well, there's the rub)...anyway draft someone into it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
NO!!!!!!!

(FALLENFROMTHETREE : I really enjoyed your first reply.)

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
i'd say yea.....not like i vote anywayz, but from what i have heard as far as ppl running in 08, i'll take Bush over any woman, or other lunatic who always says he would do hte opposite of what Bush is doing..

Who are you? What exactly do you like about Bush? Please list... I do appreciate your time.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No.

Why anyone thought electing that buffoon to office was a good
idea I'll never know.

On a side note, we need a president who favors TRUE science
and listens to the people, perhaps I'll run when I'm old enough,
since I'd be a great pres.

Vote Komei in 2028.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Look at how many american were killed by terrorist around the world when Clinton was president and the Dems where in charge. Americans haven't been attack around the world since Bush has been president because the arabs know he means business. The Democracts are weak on security for our country and freedom for everyone. If they take over again the whole world is DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wish that President Bush would be our President forever

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by juan_valdez_45
Look at how many american were killed by terrorist around the world when Clinton was president and the Dems where in charge. Americans haven't been attack around the world since Bush has been president because the arabs know he means business. The Democracts are weak on security for our country and freedom for everyone. If they take over again the whole world is DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!

No, we just had thousands of people die at the hands of terrorists on our own soil since Bush has been in office. But at least they aren't dying overseas (sans American soldiers and people trying to rebuild Iraq).

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I had to ask. I just came from another thread in which a member suggests that Bush should find a way to continue as president because without him, we wouldnt know what to do?!!!!!

I dare ask- How many of you would like Bush to "continue" as president?

I shudder to think any American would actually embrace such madness.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Please remove the blinders from your vision. Everything you just claimed is definitively false! You really need to look in the mirror, tell yourself you're not all-knowing, and read some... Just my opinion I realize, but some opinions work. AAC

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
NO!!!!!!!

(FALLENFROMTHETREE : I really enjoyed your first reply.)

Yeah I'd be sure to place his frozen remains on public display near a monument

were pigeons have good aim

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

BS! the Democrats just aren't war-mongers who ENJOY war!

Do you watch the news at all? American have been attacked? What the hell are you smoking? Go look up the US death toll in Iraq from militants and road-side bombs!

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CLAIM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FACTS TO SUPPORT IT!

Tim

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by dgtempe
I had to ask. I just came from another thread in which a member suggests that Bush should find a way to continue as president because without him, we wouldnt know what to do?!!!!!

I dare ask- How many of you would like Bush to "continue" as president?

I shudder to think any American would actually embrace such madness.

Perfect example of why (some) Americans concern me

I say heyell naw to him and anybody who looks like him.

I also think 2 terms is still too much for any one president, or prime minister for that matter. They need to be kicked to the curb after their 4 years of screwing up our world.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I support two terms per president, but not a day longer. In Duhbya's case, it's been a real nightmare. He and the goons directing him have done more damage globally and locally than any other administration I've ever seen - including Nixon's. They're pretty close, tho. At least back then we had people in congress who took their jobs seriously, possibly weren't as personally corrupt/bought off and were willing to hold the president and his people accountable in a real way. It's a joke now. Over half of congress should be thrown out on their bums for their lack of constitutional oversight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join