It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many of YOU think Bush should stay president indefinatedly???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I had to ask. I just came from another thread in which a member suggests that Bush should find a way to continue as president because without him, we wouldnt know what to do?!!!!!

I dare ask- How many of you would like Bush to "continue" as president?

Keep in mind that to do so would constitute a dictatorship, i dont care how you sugar coat it.

Anyone else for Bush staying in power?
Its just a little poll.

* I know there are "laws" he could use to accomplish this so save yourself the trouble*

I just want to know if any others here think this would be a wonderful thing if Bush stayed (so he could protect us)

Thank you

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Dg

I protest. This is a misleading title. It should read "How many of you wish to see the downfall of America in your lifetime"

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

!!!!NO!!!!

Down here, our Prime Minister can stay in office for as long as we keep voting him in, I believe. He's been in for quite a while now . . . because the bloody public keep voting him in!!! Cmon people, what good has he done for this country!!! Argh!

[edit on 1/8/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i'd say yea.....not like i vote anywayz, but from what i have heard as far as ppl running in 08, i'll take Bush over any woman, or other lunatic who always says he would do hte opposite of what Bush is doing..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So, that's two "NO''s so far.....My faith is being restored little by little...

Keep them comming, please. Thank you.

OOOPS,.....One "YES"..........

[edit on 1-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No. He can only be president for two terms. The law doesn't allow him to be more
than that and the American people wouldn't allow anyone to be more than two
terms. If there ever comes a time when Americans want someone for more than
8 years and they demand a change to the law .. be afraid .. be very afraid.

The 8 year limit law is a good one no matter who is in the White House.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Not no, but...

7734 NO!!!

The guy's a genuine Moron.

The Damage He's done already is going to take decades to recover from.

Let’s hope that Hillary gets things back on track starting in 2008.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Not past 2008.

If the laws in the U.S were the same as here I'd say yes. John Howard has been the Australian Prime Minister for 10 years now
Doing a great job

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
...So we're still at one "YES"

Thank you for participating and humoring me.

I hope everyone takes part in this. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I vote No. Even though he is a great President, our constitution only allows 2 terms. A "no" vote is not an indication of how good of a job he is doing.

Now if we where to clone Ronald Reagan, I would definately have 2nd thoughts!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think they should use cryogenics to freeze him and put him on display forever
as an example of why we should be more careful about selecting our leadership.

They can start any time, fine by me.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He should be removed from office NOW !!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think he should declare himself as emperor of the western empire and remain so long as he lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
2= YES

Keep them coming- Laiguana, i beleive your answer is a genuine Yes.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
Not no, but...

7734 NO!!!

VERY scary someone actually wanting hiliary in there!!!
wow you think things are bad now get hiliary in there and watch us finish the drive to hell in a handbasket. she'll even open the doors for us to get out of the basket i bet...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You guys
dont forget he does have a very large family, if it's him, his brother his kids it's the same thing
, I would ban the bush family from participating in elections, fraud, natzi ties from his grad father, and most important screwing the world is their representation.
Vote for the next bush if you want to find your self in a labor camp

[edit on 1-8-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
Not no, but...

7734 NO!!!

VERY scary someone actually wanting hiliary in there!!!
wow you think things are bad now get hiliary in there and watch us finish the drive to hell in a handbasket. she'll even open the doors for us to get out of the basket i bet...

i agree, america should stay away from hiliary, she looks like she is another from the dictator type of people. reminds me of maggie thacther from england.

with regard to bush, does not really matter, as i am sure both parties are controlled now, and will bring about what ever is meant to happen anyways. just may have slightly different opinions, remember most of the immediate government is usually picked from the cfr anyways.

remember how much power does 1 person have really in a place like america, he really is just a face to represent america, just what he does all day is debatable. the president just seems to be there today just to sign his name, do a few speeches and be seen, while the real stuff goes on behind the scene.

rem,ember the voters only pick between two they have selected, so voters really do not choose, and the power of the media these days, they will get in who they want. they know all to well how to push those buttons.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not me. But I am cognizant of the possibility that a third martial term may be in the offing. I hope not - once America loses the ability to change it's leaders as part of the process of open free democracy then all is lost and franchise of the American citizen will be a footnote in the history texts.

The handwriting is "on the wall" and the fullness of time will tell whether the writing becomes legislation that insures an Empire of dictum in this The New American Century.

Victor K.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I like GW, but come 2009, his term will be up and it will be time for him to move on. Do I hope that we will have a such a man in the Presidency who has the drive and will to lead our nation in times of unprecedented peril? I do.

[edit on 2006/8/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"How Many of YOU think Bush should stay president indefinatedly???"

I would have to say negatory on that. I don't anyone should should be POTUS for more than two terms, especially GW, friggin idiot.

Sporty

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join