It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal to Boycott Israel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
It,s a simple enough problem to solve..

You don,t ''boycott'' the goods..You simply tell the suppliers that their services are no longer required..No political statement,no reason given..

If they are a legitimately minded company then they will have to accept that more suitable/better quality/less expensive goods are being purchased elsewhere.Just have a list of alternative companies ready for when they go screaming the obvious Anti-semetism bs.

i agree with the logic behind that but it wont work.

example: you make a product and it requires x y and z raw ingredients. you quit buying ingredient y from Isreal and start buying it from somewhere else. thats a boycott and if you get caught you will be subject to the penalty.

whats sad, is they dont really care about the end user, we dont make a big enough financial dent. they only care about big money.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
looks like i'll have to stop eating jerusalem artichokes.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Here is the law:

www.bis.doc.gov...

For example, the McMaster Carr industrial supply company was recently fined $8,000 by this agency, and the company was not even boycotting Israel. Rather, their crime was:

McMaster-Carr failed to report its receipt of boycott-related requests within the time period required by the antiboycott provisions

So this means no isreal vs palenstine t shirts, well, back to the cthuhlu/2012 t shirts.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why can't Americans peacefully express themselves?
What is it with Israel that's so great anyway?
Isn’t Israel a divisive topic?
Isn’t protest a human right?
Why can’t all people opt-out of what they believe to wrong? If they can make that argument about military conscription; why doesn’t it hold with Israel?

I am more confident in the belief “that our support for Israel is currently wrong” knowing that (those who decide it is right) prohibit us the right to boycott. To prohibit anyone protesting is bad enough; to prohibit them from distancing themselves from what they believe to wrong is disgusting.

If those who govern us support Israel so much, why don’t they just feed it more aid money; that is to say the tax money they collect in the name of serving their people?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Why can’t all people opt-out of what they believe to wrong? If they can make that argument about military conscription; why doesn’t it hold with Israel?

Guess who the master is? Sure looks like Israel or the globalists/illuminati cartel calls the shots and everyone else comes running.

Israel plays in the END TIMES scenario being planned out right now. I guess WWIII is part of this coming right up I understand.

Pike predicted WWIII as being between the jews and arabs, was that a prediction or a road map for world conquest.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The only thing that Israel seems to need at the moment is guns and explosives and we all know that most of what America sells weapons wise is covert anyway so what difference would a boycott make?

I used to have a certain level of respect towards Isreal, but I have to be honest now - I find the entire middle east little more than a collection of fanatics carrying out there own self gratifying atrosities under the banner of twisted religous beliefs

Someone just turn the whole area into an ashtray and be done with it. Logic, Humanity, Sanity and Value has skipped the region so what else is there left to do?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
ImJaded, the next time you go shopping, could you please check the aisles and see if any of the food has the Kosher markings on them? I just want to know if these Zionist brandings are on food in other nations as well.
americandefenseleague.com...

Please just let us know if any of those stamps are on any of your food.

I am not home right now and get to shop courtesy of the US armed forces so I am seeing pretty much the same stuff you are I'd say (Although I buy at local grocer's out on town wherever I can)

But I will be heading home for a short stay at the end of this month (yayy!) and can tell you most of the foods we buy in Australia are from Australian farmer's and supplier's and while we do get quite alot American products on our shelves I've never seen a "kosher" label on anything. I'll be sure to be checking the barcodes now though.
Happy to do a double take for you
I'll come back to this thread once I have.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

I am more confident in the belief “that our support for Israel is currently wrong” knowing that (those who decide it is right) prohibit us the right to boycott. To prohibit anyone protesting is bad enough; to prohibit them from distancing themselves from what they believe to wrong is disgusting.

If those who govern us support Israel so much, why don’t they just feed it more aid money; that is to say the tax money they collect in the name of serving their people?

Indeed. I'd like to know too, why my tax dollars are spent on a country that has a strong economy and high standard of living.

The story of it being illegal to boycott Israel goes back a few years. I remember seeing it, and it made me very angry.

The rationale is that its a way to crack down on or track hate groups and terrorists. Supposedly, by government and even Zionist reasoning, anyone who opposes or criticizes Israel is either a Muslim Terrorist or a Nazi or skinhead. Thus, supposedly, those are the only groups that would have an interest in boycotting Israel.

However, this is untrue. There are many people out there who want to boycott Israel out of principal or protest. I am one of them.

After all, since Israel gets billions of tax dollars from mine and everyone else's pockets every year, why should they get more money from me at the consumer level?

Now that I live in the UK, its easier. Like when buying produce, all of it has the country of origin. Thus, I can see where my produce is coming from and boycott it accordingly.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Two words:

Freedom Fries

On March 11, 2003, Representatives Robert W. Ney (R - Ohio) and Walter B. Jones, Jr. (R - North Carolina) declared that all references to French fries and French toast on the menus of the restaurants and snack bars run by the House of Representatives would be removed. House cafeterias were ordered to re-name French fries as "freedom fries". This action was carried out without a congressional vote, under the authority of Congressman Ney's position as Chairman of the Committee on House Administration, which oversees restaurant operations in the house. The simultaneous renaming of French toast to "freedom toast" attracted less attention.

One word:

Hypocrisy!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Two words:

Freedom Fries

One word:

Hypocrisy!

what did the americans do?
invade a french fries factory and liberate the fries?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
HELLO, FIRST TIME VISITING THIS SITE....
im not too fond of the grey graphics, but, i guess we're not here for special effects.

as for the boycott issue of israel...
with or without seeing a link, i have come to realise that it is common knowledge among the 'internet savvy', the 'conspiracy culture', the masses, altho small, the masses of people who already take it for granted, that ANY ACT, percieved by the president himself, or his agents, that is considered, merely considered, a potential, merely potential, threat, or percieved threat, to 'national security' and or any actions that could be 'twisted/spun' to appear to be a threat to the national/republican/neocon/warcriminal policies, agendas, etc, etc, etc...
any action, ANY action, is a policable offense.

when arbitrary and capricious" is the law of the land, why would it necessitate a link to proove such a point.

clearly if the corporate or ngo cultural landscape decided a mass, non government sponsored 'boycott', a defacto embargo of sorts, then it would jeopardise the national economies of nations those boycotts targetted
its not far fetched at all to suspect that such a law is in effect, because we are in fact a defacto nation WITHOUT law, ruled by the elites who decide what the law in any given circumstance will be, even after the fact, they re write the laws to accomdate themselves.
MORE IS AT STAKE TODAY AFTER THIS RECENT ACTIONS IN LEBANON, THAN HAS EVER BEEN AT STAKE, FOR ISRAEL, OUR INVOLVEMENTS IN THAT REGION, AND FOR THE REGION ITSELF, AND WITH EACH PROGRESSIVE ACTION, AS THE AGGRESSORS, WHOEVER WE MAY PERCIEVE THEM TO BE, AS THE AGGRESSORS SPREAD THEIR OWN RESOURCES THINNER AND THINNER, THEY THEMSELVES SHALL BE MORE VULNERABLE, WHICH COULD ONLY LEAD TO MORE STRINGENT RESTRICTIONS, MORE ARBITRARY AND CAPRICIOUS LAWS, ENFORCEMENTS OF THOSE LAWS, AND MORE MANIACAL LEGISLATION ' AFTER THE FACT' THAN WE HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS CONTINENT.

IT IS NOT surprising that such a claim is made re: the boycott issue of israel and laws that mite/may, probably DO forbid it, with extreme punishment for violators.

NONE THE LESS, DO LETS SEE SOME LINKS AND IF WHAY YOURE LOOKING FOR IS AN EXPRESSED INTEREST BEFORE YOU BOTHER TO TAKE THE TIME TO POST SUCH LINKS, WELL HERE YOU GO, MANY OF US WANT TO SEE SUCH DOCUMENTATION.

thank you,
PhillyReikiMaster

: )`
please dear god, get these indigo kids moving, we need intervention and infusion of new ideas and a whole new way, for this planet to re group and perhaps perhaps, avoid worse things than our species has ever seen!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
the law posted about boycotts of isreal being illegal said it was illegal to support FORIEGN GOVERNMENTS BOYCOTTS, it didnt say its illegal to boycott, only to support unsanctioned FORIEGN efforts to do so....
perhaps a way to prohibit foriegn efforts from garnering lots of support from an alliance of international efforts to synthesise an orchestrated effort?

the law link is here: www.bis.doc.gov...

the peice i refer to is in paragraph one, below:

" Commerce Under Secretary for Industry and Security Kenneth I. Juster today again reminded U.S. companies of the need to comply with laws and regulations prohibiting U.S. persons from taking actions in support of foreign government boycotts against Israel.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Guess who the master is? Sure looks like Israel or the globalists/illuminati cartel calls the shots and everyone else comes running.

Ahh! there was huge thread ages ago on ATS about the so called "Jews" who control the world (ashame it turned into a huge Jew bash).

I don't think Israel are the masters, they are being used as a tool by the West (so that America and the UK have more influence in the area)

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
right off the bat that pisses me should be a personal choice i don;t hate the jews but what makes them any more special sometimes i wonder why the hell everyone is so afraid to say anything anti-isreal. i mean you can;'t tell me they don;t boycott something or someone and don't tell me there isno such thing a a bigoted isreali or jew, i mean they can be just as hateful and ruthless as anyone else. why is it that their hate and bad actions are justified and everyone else is not. just because they are god's favorites does it give them a liscense to be ***holes???good grief!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This stops freedom of speech, i live in UK, so i can be as rude as i like about Israel, but that is out of order, nazis can be racist and alowed to ruin peoples lives, but a normal citizen isn't allowed to have a opinion...so out of order

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I do think this is total crap. Nobody squawks about boycotting Citgo/Venezuela. What about the free market system? Only when it serves the purposes of the PTB?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I believe Iran is boycotting Israel and I am joining their boycott!

Since I was born inside the borders of the country know as the United States of America I am now a criminal because of my first sentence posted.

Cute.

Please join me in our(Iran and myself) boycott.

Vas

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Op-Ed by Naomi Klein:

www.thenation.com...

It's time. Long past time. The best strategy to end the increasingly bloody occupation is for Israel to become the target of the kind of global movement that put an end to apartheid in South Africa.

In July 2005 a huge coalition of Palestinian groups laid out plans to do just that. They called on "people of conscience all over the world to impose broad boycotts and implement divestment initiatives against Israel similar to those applied to South Africa in the apartheid era." The campaign Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions--BDS for short--was born.

Every day that Israel pounds Gaza brings more converts to the BDS cause, and talk of cease-fires is doing little to slow the momentum. Support is even emerging among Israeli Jews. In the midst of the assault roughly 500 Israelis, dozens of them well-known artists and scholars, sent a letter to foreign ambassadors stationed in Israel. It calls for "the adoption of immediate restrictive measures and sanctions" and draws a clear parallel with the antiapartheid struggle. "The boycott on South Africa was effective, but Israel is handled with kid gloves.... This international backing must stop."
Yet many still can't go there.

The reasons are complex, emotional and understandable. And they simply aren't good enough. Economic sanctions are the most effective tools in the nonviolent arsenal. Surrendering them verges on active complicity. Here are the top four objections to the BDS strategy, followed by counterarguments:
(continued at link)

[edit on 9/1/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just do your own boycott:

(HF) Radio control for metering function, irrigation products of water level and fertilizer, energy Motorola
32-bit neural network Omnifront and trainable OCR software for Windows and Macintosh Ligature Ltd.
Air compressors Oholiab
Air Purifiers Amcor
Air purifiers, air conditioners, plumbing products Amcor
Aircraft (Fixed wing) and helicopter structural components, overhaul and repair, airframe composites Cyclone Aviation Ltd./Carcom
Aircraft electronic systems: tank free fire control, control & communications network; electronic wa Elbit
Aircraft instruments, electronic displays, navigation systems, electronic equipment & controls; weap Astronautics
Aircraft machining, aerospace parts & equipment, aircraft avionics, defense equipment IAI
All types abrasives: Vitried, Reinoid, Rubber, Diamond, CBN Fiberdiscs & Semiflex Camel
Aluminum die cast and extrusion products Alum Aluminum Products
Aluminum extrusions for building and architectural specialties Klil Industries Ltd.
Aluminum quick coupling, die aluminum Omen
Antenna positioners, selectors and control systems, interphone system displays, military power suppl Orbit
APT user - information retrieval tool and report writer that runs on Digital's VMS, Ultrix and Alpha ISG
Area Rugs Ask Retailer
Art Work, Gift Items, Books, Greeting Cards, Music/ Cassettes, Religious Articles Ask Retailer, Synagogue Gift Shops, Carmel
Autoclaves, sterilizers, incubators Tuttnauer
Automated Operation Software 4th Dimension Software Ltd.
Automatic self-cleaning water filters Filtomat-Filtration
Automatic test equipment, avionics, airborne new computers, Mil-spec computers and peripheral boards Rada
Automotive cooling system products Fishman Eng.
Automotive radiators Superad
Bath Salts/Cosmetics Dead Sea Salts

www.boycottisraeligoods.org...

At times the grocery stores hide the origination country because of the massive loss due to concious customers so if possible, look out for the PLU (price look-up code) that starts with 729.

Spread the word.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I'm afraid that any boycott of Israeli exports would have little effect on their economy. Much of their income comes from the services sector, financial, Information Technology and security.
How many people know the following services contract that Israel has:

www.rense.com...

US Nuclear Weapons Being 'Guarded' By Israel By Michael Collins Piper First published 9-26-7 8-30-8 American supporters of Israel were delighted to learn that an Israeli company, Magal Security Systems-owned in part by the government of Israel-is in charge of security for the most sensitive nuclear power and weapons storage facilities in the United States. The largest perimeter security company in the world, Magal started out as a division of Israeli Aircraft Industries (IAI)-which was owned in part by the government of Israel. In recent years, however, Magal evolved into a publicly-traded company, although IAI (and thus the government of Israel) still holds a substantial share in the highly successful firm. What all of this means is that the government of Israel will actually have control over the security of America's nuclear weapons.

or how many knew this:
www.rense.com...

All US Phone Call Records
And Billing Done In Israel - Part 2

AMDOCs is the Israeli company.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join