It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A missing link found!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk...
NEWFOUND FOSSILS LINK SEA, LAND CREATURES
The fossils, found on Ellesmere Island in Arctic Canada, have the skull, neck, ribs and limb bones of four-limbed animals, but also the primitive jaw, fin and scales of fish, according to a report to be published in the journal Nature.

"This really is what our ancestors looked like when they began to leave the water," according to an editorial accompanying the report.

The newly discovered species, called Tiktaalik roseae, "blurs the boundary between fish and land-living animal both in terms of its anatomy and its way of life," said biologist Neil Shubin of the University of Chicago, one of the co-leaders of the expedition.

Considering the fact that you cant expect every detail of history to be on fossil record, this is a great find!

Here is some more info: www.guardian.co.uk... please read!

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Marclar]
[edited to shorten the quoted portion -nygdan]

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Marclar]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Grab a bottle of good Australian wine and crack open a few beers. Celebrate!!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There is an old thread on this, but it's inactive, so by all means, lets continue the discussion here in an Origins & Creationism Slant.

The older thread, for reference:Newly found species fills evolutionary gap between fish and land animals

I don't like how the article refers to it as a missing link. There are other fossils that fill the gaps between land organisms and marine ones. Of course, technically, everytime you find a fossil, you get two more gaps!

Here is a page with more information
tiktaalik.uchicago.edu...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cause any problems I’ll change the title. I thought this was new.

This is still great and interesting though!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I thought when you say "missing link" that you mean the link between homo sapiens and homo erectus, which I believe has not been found. Please correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a missing link.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Here is a direct link to the story at the museum itself:

www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

top topics

join