It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truss Failure Theory Inconsistent; Critically Flawed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the 2" planks were around the elevator shafts as well, they had to be strong enough yet flexible to deal with the air pressure changes caused by the high speed elevators.

A shaft wall and core column, showing the planks.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps I am confused about the terminology "core column".

I am assuming this refers to one of the thicker steer columns (i-beam, whatever) that was used in the construction of the core.

Is this not correct?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
That's right. There were box columns in the core structures, 47 of them, of various sizes, all the way up until near the tops of the buildings, where less support was needed (because there was less structure above the higher floors).

In the uppermost floors the box columns thinned down into I-beams if I remember correctly. Howard could probably tell you which floors. I think the box column sizes actually tapered down as they went higher, as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I believe they switched over to the I-beams at Floor 78 (the Sky Lobby).

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? I have absolutely no idea...I'm not the one that brought it up. I'm the one that doubted it.

Originally posted by Valhall

I read (on another thread on ATS) an account where a maintenance guy claims he got caught in some area in the core and 'cut his way through the sheetrock with a squeegee'...yeah, and bob's your uncle and the check's in the mail.

Sorry, your previous post (referenced above) led me to believe you brought it up, since I did not see it before that in this thread.

I guess I am just confused.

Nevermind.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by craig732]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

...your previous post (referenced above) led me to believe you brought it up, since I did not see it before that in this thread.

You are right! I doubted in the other thread and voiced in this one. LOL. I got cross-thread thought contamination. Which makes my answer now...

it has nothing to do with this. Sorry.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join