It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox reporting Israel warships hit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Fox news just reported it came across the wire from Hezbo that they have atacked Israeli warships off shore but Israel is denying any such thing has happened.

Camera man on Fox saying they are looking into the mediterranean right now and dont see any warships at all so they concur with Israel that nothing has happened.

Probably more typical Arab delusions of grandeur that seems to run rampant in that part of the world.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Another one?

You should get into the habit of waiting for a written source to quote

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I can confirm FOX is reporting this, but now they're also saying the IDF is denying any of their ships were hit.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This at the top of CNN's website:

"Al-Manar television claims Hezbollah guerrillas hit an Israeli warship with missiles, wire services report. An Israeli security source said no Israeli vessel had been hit, Reuters reports."

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is this bad?

Israel blowing the crap out of civilians is justifiable according to so many people on here.

Hisbollah attacking an Israeli Military warship is bad, unjustifyable, bad, wrong? What is your opinion?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If both sides stuck to killing each other's armed men I wouldnt raise any objection. When Hezbollah kidnaps or kills Israeli soldiers I couldnt care less. When Israel kills Hezbollah militants I also couldnt care less.

It's when both sides kill innocent civilians it makes my blood boil.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If both sides stuck to killing each other's armed men I wouldnt raise any objection. When Hezbollah kidnaps or kills Israeli soldiers I couldnt care less. When Israel kills Hezbollah militants I also couldnt care less.

It's when both sides kill innocent civilians it makes my blood boil.

It works my last nerve too subz. I am just at a loss for words right now, I didn't think I could feel worse than I already do but alas it is possible *sigh*

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's not so black and white as you guys want to paint it, When Hezbollah parks its missiles in the middle of a civilian neighborhood and attacks Israeli citizens, is it wrong for Israel to retaliate and take out the missile even though there is collateral damage to innocent civilians on the other side?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's not so black and white as you guys want to paint it, When Hezbollah parks its missiles in the middle of a civilian neighborhood and attacks Israeli citizens, is it wrong for Israel to retaliate and take out the missile even though there is collateral damage to innocent civilians on the other side?

Actually yes, I do believe that is wrong.

I have yet to see any hizb'allah fighter dragged out of any of the rubble nor any of their weapons that the civilians are supposedly housing for them. Have you ?

Did I miss something ?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You might want to reverse that question, as it was Israel who bombed Civilian Infrastructure and murdered Civilians first, not the other way round. Hez'bollah captured Soldiers and attacked a Military post, and then Israel bombed the hell out of everything. Only then did Hez'bollah Rockets start flying, remember? I wonder how this will affect your answer to your own question.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

35 Hisbollah soldiers killed in total.

600+ civilians, 8 canadians, 4 UN workers and 20 lebanees soldiers killed is colateral damage?
At this rate there will be 35000 to 40000 civilians dead before they get all of Hisbollah.

Thats not colateral damage, thats deliberate, indiscriminate massacre of civilians.

51 dead on Israel's side, of which there are half of them Israeli Soldiers.

[edit on 31/7/06 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've said before on this board I do think Israel is overreacting to what happened -- but Hezbollah did start it by kidnapping Israeli soldiers. That IS an act of war. I think there's a new generation of soldiers and politicians that didn't live through the old ME wars, and they're doing all they can to prove themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I've said before on this board I do think Israel is overreacting to what happened -- but Hezbollah did start it by kidnapping Israeli soldiers. That IS an act of war.

Yes it is, but that's not what you were trying to insinuate, and that's not the question you were asking.

See what I'm saying?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thing is, people keep calling Hisbollah Terrorists.

For terrorists its quite normal to kill civilians to get their point across, thats what makes terrirists so evil.

But what do we see, Hisbollah started this mess by kidnapping 2 soldiers and like this thread reports, is attacking military installations (granted, a bunch of their missiles did hit civilian targets but casualties are very low).

Then you get an official military force for a country doing what we state terrorists do, killing civilians, but in massive numbers, it should call for outrage all around the world, including the US.

When Saddam gassed his own people and invaded the Kurds and when in Kosovo they were killing all the muslims, the US was outraged by it.

But Israel does it and its all ok?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
See The lebs were dumb. They should hve waited for another Israeli fly-over of Lebanons border and then attack that patrol. This way people could shut up about who invaded what, when and where. People are acting like Israel plays by the books or something. The Qana attack is not like it was a first time incident. They kill innocent people everyday but they are good manufacturers of excuses. Some of you people here like to cover your eyes. I don't know how you can mis seeing the news on a constant basis how many times bombs are dropped in Gaza.
Its OK for Israel to "Save" The Lebanese people from Hizbollah but its NOT OK for Hizbollah or Hamas to save THEIR people from the terrible Israelis. This is exactly what they mean when they say US & Israeli double standards.

We sound just like Israelis do when we make up the most incredible excuses for what we do, when it would be so much easier to just be fair about things,never mind favoritism and just do the right thing.

Iran is developing Nukes, fine make them stop, but if you know Israel has them you do the same to them. Using dumb excuses that Israel needs them to defend themselves is ridiculous, anyone should have the right to defend themselves then.
We sound like Israel does when they say "Hizbollah Killed the Civilians". If Iran thinks it might need nukes there is a reason for that. Israel being armed to the teeth does not help and going by their obvious love of the excess use of force this should show us something. This is what starts wars and problems. If we are gonna be International Police then we have to be fair and not take bribes from people to look the other way.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I have yet to see any hizb'allah fighter dragged out of any of the rubble

How would you know the difference between a Hezbollah terrorist and a civilian?
Do they wear uniforms while attacking Israel or do they blend into the civilian
population and hide amongst them?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

nor any of their weapons that the civilians are supposedly housing for them.

Here's a link to the story about the Mosque full of Hezbollah weapons.
www.freerepublic.com...

TV reporters keep saying that the Hezbollah hide the weapons in the basements
of homes in Lebanon. I don't have a link for that. They say that's what they see
while they are there. A look through the internet might be able to find stories
about it.

An Australian paper managed to get pictures -
www.news.com.au...

United Nations - Hezbollah uses civilians to hide behind
www.chicagotribune.com...

More info on Hezbollah attacking and then hiding behind civilians.
strategicoutlookinstitute.com...

[edit on 7/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
they wear military uniform and they do not hide in civs houses were is the proof of that happening

[edit on 31-7-2006 by BaCk2thereallife]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I have yet to see any hizb'allah fighter dragged out of any of the rubble

How would you know the difference between a Hezbollah terrorist and a civilian?
Do they wear uniforms while attacking Israel or do they blend into the civilian
population and hide amongst them?

Well the most obvious sign would be Israel gloating about it, wouldn't it ?

And yes they do have uniforms, not the usual camo and such but they do wear a uniform of sorts, usually all black ... and I can assure you, no 4 month olds and 12 yr olds wear them

[edit on 31-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thank you Imjaded. That's why I asked. Do they have a uniform that they wear
during their attacks? Many times terrorists do not so it's hard to tell them from the
civilian population.

I have seen Hezbollah parade in a uniform of sorts, but I didn't know if it was just
for the parades or if it was a real uniform that was constantly worn to identify
themselves apart from civilians.

In Iraq lots of the soldiers ditched their uniforms and wore civilian clothing when
they knew they wouldn't win.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join