It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNSC gives Iran one month to suspend uranium enrichment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
By a vote of 14-1, the United Nations Security Council today voted to give Iran until August 31 to suspend enrichment of uranium, or face the threat of economic and diplomatic sanctions. Qatar cast the lone dissenting vote.

Russia and China were instrumental in preventing the sanctions from taking effect immediately. Now, further discussions must take place before the sanctions can be imposed.

Iran has stated that it will respond on August 22. Judging by past attempts at diplomacy, their response will either be a nose-thumbing or a fliiping-of-the-bird.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah right...Im sure Iran will comply

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree nothing is really going to happen here. The only thing of value Iran has is its oil, and no one wants to sanction that...we're in a real pickle now! A new approach needs to be taken here.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Iran has already rejected it. Big surprise.

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm getting really bored with Iran's responses to this now, they are laughing at the UN who constantly do nothing except issue threats of action. Getting bored with the UN actualy. They look like a joke at the moment.

CX.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes...the UN is singing their song perfectly. But, as ineffective as the UN maybe, this will leave nothing but more harsh alternatives to be enforced by a "multinational" force. By the way, how many countries do you think are going to lend troops to this multinational force (more like "tri"national force).

The lines will divide more clearly and more "aggressive" steps will be taken...beginning threats will be exchanged...the first punch will be thrown...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why should Iran stop enriching Uranium?
Perhaps if the US stopped enriching it, along with just about everyone else, and as long as Israel posseses nuclear weapons.
And the US also, perhaps should stop lobbing about DU tipped weapons.

Why should those kettles be calling them (the Iranians) black?

If anything, the Iranians won't budge on their position, not as long as the hippocracy is bigger than a herd of hippos, why should they let them tell them what to do, when they go ahead and do as they please and nobody tries to stop them (US et all)?

Does anybody else see this?

And don't try to say that Iran threatened to wipe Israel off the map either:
www.albionmonitor.com...
It's a mis-translation done for propaganda purposes.

I'm not pro-Iran, just anti-hippocracy and anti-BS.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Good question! For starters, the United Nations, after August 31st, might set a deadline of September 30th for them to stop, and no one in Iran wants to see that. On top of that, the language used in the resolution may be extremely harsh, using phrases like, "please comply with the UN's request, because if you don't we'll be forced to set another deadline" and "we would really appreciate it if your mighty nation would cater to our pathetic alliance's wishes"

It will be a dark day for Iran if they don't comply by the 31st and are faced with that resolution!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They are fools if they comply. They should just withdraw from the NPT and screw them all. India, Pakistan, Israel and N.Korea all have WMD's and they never signed any pacts or treaty. They would be stupid to succumb to the demands of the US and Israel.
Israel has no right to dictate how Irans natural resources should be used and for what purposes. For them to use the excuse that Iran has no need for Nuclear power because they have oil, is just absolutely preposterous and uncalled for. How a country that has broken the laws of Nuclear weaponry is able to even have a voice is beyond comprehension. I hate to say it but the USA is on a fools errand if we threaten or harrass without any solid proof. They have been accused for almost 10 years of being "this close" to manufacturing a bomb and 10 years laer it is still said they are another 10 years away from that capability if in fact that is their goal.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I'm getting really bored with Iran's responses to this now, they are laughing at the UN who constantly do nothing except issue threats of action. Getting bored with the UN actualy. They look like a joke at the moment.

CX.

What do you think Israël and the USA are doing? Laughing at the UN. And as the Pieman said, they are fools if they accept this joke of stoping enrichiment.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Perhaps if the US stopped enriching it, along with just about everyone else, and as long as Israel posseses nuclear weapons.

Big difference , since the U.S. doesn't support terrorist groups like Iran does.
Iran has no choice to comply to the UN (which they likely will not), or else face sanctions.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Do you know what I find really funny about this resolution?

UN was really quick to respond to iranian non-existent nuclear weapons threat but UN is yet to pass a resolution or something condemning israeil or ask for an immediate cease-fire. is'nt that funny?

Keep It Real

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purgatory

Originally posted by Toadmund

Big difference , since the U.S. doesn't support terrorist groups like Iran does.
Iran has no choice to comply to the UN (which they likely will not), or else face sanctions.

Well, the US supports Israel, Israel totally ignores UN resolutions, there is a big list of resolutions they did not comply with.
The US also Invaded Iraq on false pretenses.

So, why are the 'terrorists' (the Arab ones) the only bad guys, perhaps because they are not 'allies' or 'the coalition'?

Anyway, to bring this zit of a post to a head, why in your mind is the US and Israel any better than those who you call terrorists, the ones who others call 'freedom fighters', yeah, they are fighting for freedom.

Big difference?!
Not to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Iran's in trouble! I smell another deadline coming!

Or maybe a think about it time. Iran rejected the deadline, so the UN is going to counter with a, "Well, you have until August 31 to change your mind before we ask you again" resolution.

UN Resolution = oxymoron

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I got a better gosip of opinion for the situation in Iran and the August death line . . .

China has billions invested in Iran oil drilling operations, the amount is still not clear yet because they are keeping it to themselves. . .

My prediction is . . . that the reason Iran said not to UN is because they probably know that China will opposed to the sanctions after the death line . . .

And then what UN and US is going to do?

Go and sanction China?

I don't think so . . . China will dominate the oil markets in Iran and will become US oil corporate world worst enemy.

That is my prediction.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What i find funny about this is that the UN wants Israel to quit fighting terrosits and are so ready to pass a resolution yet they cant do anything about Iran trying to go Nuclear.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
What i find funny about this is that the UN wants Israel to quit fighting terrosits and are so ready to pass a resolution yet they cant do anything about Iran trying to go Nuclear.

There is a difference there tho. Israel is making accusations that Iran has intentions to go Hot with Nukes, without any proof other then their spies words, whereas with Israel in lebanon its not something made up but witnessed by 1000,'s of people in real life not made up stories like the Mossad did with Iraq because they thought they were going to blow up Israel. I think we need to start pumping Liquid Xanax in Israels water. They need a chill pill.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The problem isnt about Iran enriching uranium, its about having conflicting evidence of what it will be used to make; civil energy or nuke bombs.

Israel has only gone into Lebanon because Hezbollah has been killing and kidnapping Israeli troops. Any nation on this earth would do the same. The problem that started that is that he Lebanon govt was too weak to do as it was asked/told to do and the UN troops there did nothing but watch.

Iran has every right the US, France, Canada or any other nation on this earth. But they have to have tell the international community what they intend to do with it which they arent doing.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SenHeathen
Iran has every right the US, France, Canada or any other nation on this earth. But they have to have tell the international community what they intend to do with it which they arent doing.

Has Israel told anybody yet what they are planing to do with their nuclear weapons yet?

Yes I forgot we are to assume is for self defend

And Iran has told over and over that is for energy purposes.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I got a better gosip of opinion for the situation in Iran and the August death line . . .

China has billions invested in Iran oil drilling operations, the amount is still not clear yet because they are keeping it to themselves. . .

What is this "August death line" you mentioned a couple of times? Is that some iranian Bataan Death March-type plan to march Israelis into the sea after iran has carried through with its threats to wipe Israel off the map?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join