It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Horned Skull

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by toxin_64
I dunno what its from but I know its real I saw a picture of it in a magazine too.

case closed.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

I dunno what its from but I know its real I saw a picture of it in a magazine too.

case closed.

Did I miss something there?

And regarding Jackalopes aren't horned.

One - They have antlers which are bone and not keratin (hair, nails, baleen plates on whales)

and

Two - They don't exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Originally posted by jprophet420

case closed.

Did I miss something there?

And regarding Jackalopes aren't horned.

One - They have antlers which are bone and not keratin (hair, nails, baleen plates on whales)

and

Two - They don't exist.

I believe that is what Beer_guy was mentioning earlier about the hair and nails, I was refering to Beer's statement about them possibly growing and my friend said "Hey, doesn't a jackalope have antlers or something?" So neh. Alive or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_minds

The skull is real, not carved. Many studies of this photograph have been conducted at many levels, none of which can come up with a satisfying explanation, at least one that can explain it away. Even glancing at the photo with its time worn fissures along with the startling anatomical perfection and depth leaves little doubt of its authenticity. The story drifting through acadamia is that the skull, along with countless other artifacts (which go against the grain of conventional understanding and darwinian evoulution) were destroyed to cast away any doubt of history and religion.
P.S. The horns are not seperate pieces from the skull but fused extensions of it. This would make it impossible to have been carved since there is no one piece of ivory with such a girth.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen that skull before. Coincidentally (or perhaps not), early paintings and some sculptures of Moses portray him with horns while receiving the Ten Commandments from God.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by DarthChrisious]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If it's a real skull -- and there appears to be evidence that it is -- it looks to be a hominid of some sort. Perhaps a mutation; mutations occur. Sometimes they take and whole new species emerge, although my sense of this is that it's rare. I think most often, they die shortly after birth, or at best live and fail to reproduce. Doesn't look consistent with an animal to me by the size of the forehead in relation to the rest of it. Def..... definately a hominid.

Good find Op!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There are many cultural and biblical refrences to the horned being, or nephilim. Looking at the skull and the perfect symetry of the horns I would find it hard to believe it was simply an aboration of nature. The written and oral lore concerning these creatures around every corner of the globe suggests that contrary to what science will tell you, many races, or sub races of humans existed. The fact that many of these finds are discovered by reputable sources and then mysteriously vanish into the void only lends creedence to their authenticity and to the lie of history as we know it.
I dont think there is any doubt that there is an active suppression of mankinds history which will continue until people are willing to seriously challenge the conventional views of the past.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd say it is real, but more likely to be one of those one-off abnormalitys.

Example: Baby with 3 arms.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
These are fake and ill show u why.They are novelties and can be bought any place.

www.angelfire.com...
www.weethingsonline.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This might be a photo of the long lost skull of Hellboy's great Grandfather.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You'd think such a ginat skull could have a bigger picture?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As intriguing as the skull is, there seems that there is little anyone can do at this point to verify its authenticity. It seems that many of these anomalous artifacts surface long enough to create buzz and then "disappear" leaving behind only testimony of those who swear it's all true and second hand evidence, like a photo or video, that could have been easily faked.

When dealing with these sorts of artifacts, I use the Davison five category system for deciding how much time to spend looking into the artifact.

Type I: Real Anomaly. The existence of the anomaly is verified and/or documented to a high level or reliability

Type II: Unknown. There is sufficient evidence to suggest that it is a real anomaly but not enough to rule out hoax or other non-anomalous explanations.

Type III: Suspect. While there exists the possibility that the artifact is a true anomaly, the weakness of the evidence or existence of other more probable explanations suggest that the artifact is probably not an anomaly.

Type IV: No-anomalous.

Type V: Disputed. There exists contradictory evidence making an judgment impossible.

I would call this a type III.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I see plenty of skulls on the sites you linked, but it appears to me that they aren't selling anything thing that looks even a little bit like this skull. If this is a fake it is way out of their league.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't know if this particular skull is fake or not. Yet what I am going to say is it is not gentically impossible for a human to grow horns. In fact have a friend who's kids have allot birth defects and one of those defects that they have is horns. Well they did have horns until they had them surgically removed.

I'm not saying this picture is real. All I am saying is if it is real it really doesn't prove demons, aliens or a sub species of human. It could have just been a birth deffect.

Here are so birth defects that can produce horns.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.thehumanmarvels.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
One thing which seems a problem to me is that the supposed horns are appear to come to be part of the cranium. I thought horns were seperate to the actual skull (in other animals anyway)

Look up horned animal skulls on google images and you'll see what I mean

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There is a real case of someone living right now who is growing a horn:

www.yobserver.com...
www.dreden.com...

I've seen a few other genuine cases (horn growing from the forehead) but I can't seem to find it.

Here's one growing a horn from the top of his head:

blog.lorla.com...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Jinni]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
lookup draco reptilian

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Draco-reptilian?
Nephilim?
dunno but if its real then thats pritty freaky, where is it mean't to be in france or something?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Hi,just a quick reply but I seem to remember a man in California a few years ago cultivating home made horns.
He had living coral reef implanted into his head at twice yearly intervals-the skull would then accept and grow over the implanted coral -the result being two bony protuberances that were indistinguishable from his real skull.
After about 5 years of this he then had them filed down to resemble horns.
I remember him making the comment that it would be worth all the pain just to imagine the face of the archeologist who exhumed his body (hope he´s not cremated).
Hope this helps...if it´s correct that is.
Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/12/01 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
if those horned skulls are real, maybe it would have a big impact on religion, think horns= devil/demons. maybe the "horned people" where evil, but then it would seem odd that moses had horns as well (even though i think in the first picture provided it looks more like light is coming out of his forehead).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join