It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, if you can write, give this a go

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey, i recently came across this competion for a short story or poem of no more than 100 words.

It must contain
-A black cat
-A cell phone
-Somthing Orange
-A loud noise
-And a criminal.

So, if you would like, give it a go. See what you come up with.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Almost, but not quite . . . .

The fog would cover his escape! He had her money and her new cell phone, and a head start. The fog brought a light rain though, and that seemed to slow the small-time criminal down to a fast walk. He was almost back to his part of town.
He recognized the many neon signs giving off eerie yellow, and orange
auras through the thick fog. He headed across the tracks, his territory. A black cat crossed his path and the cell phone went off. Was it her?
As he stopped to check, the train hit him with a loud whoosh.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The sun painted an orange glow across the room
Long dark shadows slowly crept to meet the glow
Like a criminal stalking his next victim
It leapt silently like a black cat
agile and graceful
touching, embracing, caressing and suffocating
RING!!! BZZZ... RING!!! BZZZ...
The cellphone shouted and vibrated
before clattering to the floor with a loud clack
scrambling for the phone, I click Send
The Night had arrived.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ooo, Worldwatcher, that was good.
You are a master of description.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
thanks

I enjoyed your contribution too.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hey, nice one guys.

I'll put one on later.........

World watcher, you certainly have a way with words.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A chirp, and the orange sun, woke Nibbles; his ears cued in, but the blur flew away. Sluggishly, the black cat stood, stretched. Through amber slits, he saw the empty kitchen -- no screeching little ones to tug his tail, no big one to fill his dish. He yawned.
A loud ring. Gracefully, he leapt on the table and, just as his nose touched the cell phone, it beeped. He sat down, pondered. A scent. With a raised, curled tail, Nibbles stepped over to the plants. The One Who Fed him would be angry. As he crunched, the criminal purred contentedly...

((This one should be entitled "Ode to my cat"... despises grass, but eats everything else.))

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This I enjoyed too. Well done.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He picked up the phone.
The voice took him back to the jungle.
“We can’t help. Good luck to you.”
The despair set in like a chemical, wilting his resolve.
Good luck.
His luck had changed the day the planes thundered overhead.
As surely as a walk under a ladder, or a collision with a black cat.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Waves crashed against the black shore endlessly during the night. Blooms of orange circles illuminated the hills behind the beach. A single man trudged through the sand toward a derilect boat. Upon closer inspection, boxes lay strewn across it.

*CRASH*

A black cat jumped from the rubble, startling the man. As soon as his heart started to calm down, his cellphone rang.

"Hello?"

*static*

Just as he hung the phone up, a hard thump sent him to the ground, knocked out.

Coming to, all he was able to see was a tall man in a trenchcoat, staring at him. He couldnt see his eyes, or his face for that matter. He was afraid, and knew he would never get out

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yeah, diseria, that was great.

Essedarius, nastalgik.. both cool.

I'm glad people are giving this a go.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is a fun challenge.
to everyone so far. Funny how this forces you to be dramatic.
----

Sweat streamed into Eddie’s eyes as he gripped the window sill. On the inside of the window, the bald man paced back and forth, snarling into his cell phone.

A black feline perched on the sill until a hand reached out and whisked it back inside the room.

“Come away from the dead man, snoogums.” Baldy nuzzled the cat.

Eddie never expected to die in Orange County. He heard a loud crash, and as he fell he could see baldy with the shattered remains of the vase. Falling, he only thought of the pain in his hand.

[edit on 8/4/2006 by hogtie]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
He took one last drag on his cigarette, the orange fire glowed like the inner regions of hell. Nervously he fumbled into his pocket looking for his cellphone.. no signal.

Time was running out.

A loud noise behind him made his adrenaline pump, the hairs on his neck stand- turning sharply he saw a black cat just as startled, hairs raised also. He stepped back, never taking his eyes off the intruder- both exchanging criminal, mischevious glances.

The black cat ran towards him. Diving out of the way he realised the cat was running behind him, his eyes followed the small 'moggy'. A dark figure behind caught his eye.

A bright flash- a loud scream and silence was once again returned to the scene.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The black cat heard a noise, a criminal was stealing the cell phone next to the oranges.

''Meow''

*BANG* ...poor kitty should have been quiet.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
aww poor kitty, HOW CAN YOU BE SO MEAN

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Rob bit into the succulent navel orange as he fumbled in his pocket.
"Damn mobile phones" thought Rob, his ring tone, Smooth Criminal ending abruptly.
"Hello Mr Anderson"
"Yes"
"We have your cat, if you want it back you must stop visiting ATS and revealing our plans".
"Get lost, i never liked the damn thing anyway, always peeing on my fern".
Rob hung up, stepping off the curb as the black van slammed into him at 60mph, the loud bang reverberating down the street.
The van sped off down the street, a black shape sitting atop the dash purred contentedly.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
hahahah.. good one mojo

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Space travel is cheap, therapeutic. People didn’t want them, criminals, so they put two and two together and here we are. We have nothing but our own company; we were a ship of prisoners, exiled from our families, our homes, our planet, our solar system for our crimes.

After liftoff, they explained over a cell phone that we would outlive everyone on earth due to time dilation. All I did was kill a black cat; it was dying anyway, did my crimes really warrant this? Society has drifted farther than this ship ever will. I’ll miss those bright red-orange sunrises.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It was halloween night once again, as the black cat lay curled up next to the freshly carved bright orange pumpkin on Mr. Simpsons front porch. The dark slinky figure slipped past the sleeping feline, as he approached the open window suddenly his cell phone rang. Jumping to his feet Mr. Simpson ran to the window only to see the criminal fleeing down the street. It would be a long halloween night.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As I drove down Pacific Coast Highway, in my new tricked out conversion van, I never suspected that I would soon be labeled a criminal. Startled by the loud ringing of my cell phone, I reached to grab it out of the console. It slipped from my grasp landing in the plush orange shag carpeting of the floorboard. After bending over to retrieve it, I was stunned to see a large black cat dart in front of my van. The van suddenly seemed to have a life all it's own as it swerved and slammed head on into an oncoming car in the opposite lane with a bone jolting thud.

Now, as I sit in my jail cell serving five years for vehicular manslaughter, I swear I'll never use a cell phone again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join