It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US, UK, and Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why doesn't the US, UK, and Canada, form a union together? That would be like unstoppable? I am just curious. It will be called, "The Union of Fabulousness". Seriously though, I want to know why nobody has thought of this before...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Perhaps because Canada has the intelligence not to mix
itself with a barbarian like the US and a whipdog like the UK.

Canada's more of a neutral country, so I don't think they'd
want to join a union with countries like the US and UK.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why? So we can indisputably assert that "our" country would have the worst cuisine in the known world?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Read about the North American Union. You will see that Canada may indeed want to join with the US and :prays, please no: Mexico...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Perhaps when peace breaks out in the Middle-East this too can be dealt with. I'm not in favour of Canada as anything other than what it is - the folks with the sovereign nation that has all the resources within a peaceful stable political-geographic border set and multi-cultural tolerant "liberal" (I prefer libertarian) democracy.

Frankly Canada, Russia, Cuba and the EU sounds a more stable and beneficial deal. Besides the American Government(s) don't play fair in trade at all, ever - fix it - or shop elsewhere.

I'm happy to sell any country even the US anything they reasonably require but weapons. Just attach a snow-blower to that incalcuable-debt and pay us our $5B for the "sticks" and for good measure to ensure no hard feelings throw in ALL the orbiter hardware and facilities shipped pre-paid to Churchill Manitoba. 2011 delivery. Oh, yeah - the Leafs and Canadiens in the Stanley Cup Finals (got your ears on Betteman) 3 years in a row.

Then OK, sure we'll take your "money" or "debt" or whatever excuse for a bad cheque you wish to kite; we're neighbours, not family. You ain't goin' anywhere or changin' your address at least till after 43's 3rd term.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by iori_komei

Read about the North American Union. You will see that Canada may indeed want to join with the US and :prays, please no: Mexico...

Regardless of what current events may suggest, I just don't
think that Canada will join in any knid of union, unless it's
incredibly advantageous for them.

Subsequently, the only thing I've really heard about all this
is them (meaning whoevers behind it) wanting to build a
TransNational highway/freeway spanning Canada, Mexico and the US,
that and something about making a single currency.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Canadians and the British are already in a gang and the Americans pulled out of it about 200 odd years ago

But in modern times I dont think it would be in Canada's best interest to align itself with London and Washington. Canada, pre-Harper anyway, is probably one of the last remaining sane Western countries of any stature.

The country that gave the World the first UN peace keeping force should avoid a Union with the two of the World's most hawkish countries at all costs.

[edit on 31/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
its about time britain pulled away from america altogether,

iran is going to be another vietnam and britain are going to get dragged into it!!

mind you the way blair was talking the other day (at the bush/blair conference) it sounds like he wants britain to be the first in, something like "disarm or face the consequences!"

but yeah i'm suprised america and canada arn't really closer with each other (afterall your neighbours)

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

its about time britain pulled away from america altogether,

iran is going to be another vietnam and britain are going to get dragged into it!!

mind you the way blair was talking the other day (at the bush/blair conference) it sounds like he wants britain to be the first in, something like "disarm or face the consequences!"

but yeah i'm suprised america and canada arn't really closer with each other (afterall your neighbours)

Sorry to burst your bubble, Most of the British public are against the UK joining the US if they invade Iran. Would be suicidual for any UK P/M to go against the publics wishes again.

Besdies the UK A/F are way too overstretched to be involved in another War.

As for this union.

The UK is already in a Union it is called the E.U., the likely of them leaving, is not going to happen in the near future.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Why doesn't the US, UK, and Canada, form a union together? That would be like unstoppable? I am just curious. It will be called, "The Union of Fabulousness". Seriously though, I want to know why nobody has thought of this before...

Think we do and with many other Countries. NATO is the way to go I feel.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What is being proposed here, really, is a union between "English-speaking" countries. Language has always been the unifying aspect in a culture. And, with culture, come certain commonalities of philosophy and traits. In this case, it would seem that unifying the U.S., UK and Canada would, essentially, be an effort in maintaining the English language and the English culture that these respective nations have in common.

I am curious as to why there was no mention of Australia and, of course, NZ in this Axis of English.

Please note that in this post, I am neither endorsing or condemning this concept which, after examination, is frought with potentially rascist issues; i.e. does an English culture necessarily mean a "white culture"? At this point, I simply want to ask why the Aussies and the Kiwis were excluded.

top topics

join