It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news from Fox & CNN (24-48 hour cease-fire by Israel)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Supposedly Israel has just accepted a 48 hour cease-fire. Reporters on the scene saying they havent heard any artillery fire for the last 20 minutes and they said just hours ago it was non-stop. Maybe if both sides can just let up for a bit then things will simmer down.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I will have to give some credit to Israel . . . I guess the death toll most be very significant in both sides specially within the civilian populations.

Perhaps the end to this conflict is near . . .

Or Israel is waiting for support of the US . . .to keep going.

CX

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sky and the BBC are reporting the same, but it takes two to tango and that means Hezbollah. I'll save my joyous comments until BOTH sides cease fire.

CX.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They just said Israel warplanes are circling Beirut but not dropping any bombs and are now starting to leave.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Israel has called a 48hr halt to airstrikes pending an inquiry into the Qana deaths of 20+ Lebanese children by Israeli airplanes.

JERUSALEM - Israel has agreed to a 48-hour suspension of aerial activity in south Lebanon while it investigates an attack on a Lebanese village that killed a number of children, U.S. State Department spokesman Adam Ereli said Sunday. The airstrike killed at least 56 Lebanese, mostly women and children, when it leveled a building where they had taken shelter. The deadliest attack in nearly three weeks of warfare forced Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to cut short a Mideast mission and increased world pressure on the United States to back an end to the fighting.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Now being revised saying its a 24 hour cease-fire for humanitarian aid.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Israel has called a 48hr halt to airstrikes pending an inquiry into the Qana deaths of 20+ Lebanese children by Israeli airplanes.

Thats a joke. It will end up like the last Qana and The Gaza beach incident and everything else they "investigate"

They need 3rd party investigation and hopefully before they get to tamper with the crime scene.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We will see how long this ceasefire lasts, the next 48 hours is going to be testing for both sides in this War, I for one is not holding my breathe, Hezbulla threatened revenge for the deaths of those kids and civillians, it is going to be an interesting 48 hours.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
princeofpeace could you please go back and edit the title of your thread to reflect the contents therein?

Something along the lines of "Israel calls a temporary halt to airstrikes", or what ever you think appropriate.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There ya go...i edited it. Sorry about the title...was kinda ambiguous being that Fox and CNN have breaking news every 2 minutes LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
~~

Israel might honestly being investigating the ?massacre?
but they are surely also using the time to brace for the
retalitory rockets that are aimed at Tel Aviv.

the Hezbollah military wing has not had time to set up
the launch sequences for these rockets that carry pretty large
explosives (~ i recall 250 kilos?)

i suspect that the unilateral short duration ceasefire
has taken into account this rocket prep time
and will cry to high heaven that when Hezbollah
does launch at Tel Aviv, that "They broke the Ceasefire" !!

ahhh, such knieiv-ing (sp?)

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A third party investigation?

For what purpose? Under what law, and by who's authority? The israelis agree to a temp. cease-fire to figure out if they aren't doing enough to prevent civilian casualities, hezbollah hasn't agreed to any ceasefire, and its the yehudis that are the problem?
Isreal is under no obligation to invite investigators in.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If this indeed the case, why is it that Israeli troops are moving up to the border en masse? This has been reported on Israeli tv now, so too, do not feel as though it is something that would be wrong to mention.

According to a source in northern Israel, tanks are moving up to the border, and just this morning they were further off than they were now, which means they have been moving northward.

I hope that these tanks are going to be turned around, otherwise this may be nothing more than a waiting period to regroup and go in with more force.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is just a temporary measure....they also said this only applies to Beirut and that other areas could still be hit. Also said that if they detect Hezbo preparing to hit Israel then they can be hit. There are lots of conditions for this "cease-fire" so we'll see if it can last 24 hours.

The world community is secretly hoping that if it goes for 24 hours then it can be extended to 48, then 96 and then we can have a real cessation of hostilities. This is just a "trial" and its using the excuses of investigating the Qana attack and others are saying its for humanitarian purposes. Either way this is being brokered by other powers to see if it can work and last into something longer.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Finaly, some good news! Hope this is first step in efforts to put an end to this crisis. Let's hope that no side violates it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by subz

They need 3rd party investigation and hopefully before they get to tamper with the crime scene.

I'll second that. Would be similar if Nazi leaders like Goring where asked to investigate the trueness of the holocaust. Guess what conclusion they would draw.

Do you really think Israel would ever say: ''yes we deliberately attacked the UN outpost'' I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
My bet is the Israeli's are giving 2 days for civilians to flee southern Lebanon then all HECKFIRE will break loose.....

I don't see this as an end to the current conflict, to end it now would leave Hizbastardollah still in exixtence, which I have a gut feeling is an unacceptable scenario for the Israeli's....

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It does not matter anymore.

The Terrorists have broken the ceasefire-no surprise at all.

What more death will the terrorists cause due to their murdering hezbolla ways.

"A salvo of five rockets slammed into the Galilee early Monday afternoon, shattering a half-day of quiet and hopes that Hezbollah had suspended its launchings in response to curbs of IAF activity."

www.haaretz.com...

Thinking the hezbolla terrorists would stop attacking to allow a cease fire to help the people they areupposedly"helping/saving-in reality killing.

It is clear the hezbolla does not want peace, it does not care about the people being hurt and killed-they just don't.

[edit on 7/31/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
hezbollah hasn't agreed to any ceasefire ...

You said it. And of course Hezbollah just fired into Israel and Israel returned fire
to destroy the Hezbollah who fired upon them. So much for a ceasefire for
civilians to flee.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The latter posters in this thread are either victims of hideously overt Propaganda, or just bold faced Liars. It's very clear that Hez'bollah did not fire first. The rocket attacks from Hez'bollah came after the Israeli Air Strikes, which have now continued throughout Lebanon. Israeli sources on SKY News 24 have stated clearly that the Air Strikes were to support Israeli troops engaged in heavy combat with Hez'bollah. There is absolutely no mention of the strikes being carried out in retaliation to Hez'bollah firing Rockets into Israel. What with the very bad public relations image they are creating for themselves as of late, this would be all over the international News if it was Hez'bollah who broke whatever kind of cease-fire this was supposed to be.

Please do not lie, or spread known falshoods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join