It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 children dead/40 civilians in one airstrike in Lebanon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Comon, Ben Laden doesn't need any kind of plan to drag the americans into ME.
US have been trying to set a foot there for decades for the oil.
America just needs excuses to pour bombs and tanks and take over ME ressources.

And dropping leeflets gives the right to destroy roads, bridges, houses, plants ... ?
Lebannon is refused its right to defend itself, just witness the destruction.

Some people there don't leave because they have nowhere to go, it's their land, it's their houses, it's all they have.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Escrotumus:

Originally posted by Escrotumus

Originally posted by BaCk2thereallife
You no as a military view isreal is losing they are killing more civs then hezbollah fighters and i dont think they killed alot of fighters while hezbollah is doing a good job of keeping isreal of borders and killing isreal troops and tanks and even an apache

Eh? I didn't understand one word of that.

I was going to respond to your earlier rather laughable claim that Hizb'Allah are responsible for this, however from your above post I can see that you are obviously very young and really do not know what you are talking about.

Anyone with very basic grammar skills would have seen that with BaCk2thereallife's post, the second word should be been "know"

As for your posts on this thread - and any future ones - I'd suggest engaging your grey matter before putting "pen to paper".

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
im sry for the typos i get alot of em

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There's nothing hard to believe about Hezbollah taking out an Apache, they're not magic or anything. The Iraqis attacked a formation of 40 of them during the combat phase of the current war, shooting one down (probably not by a farmer with a hunting rifle, as they claimed
) and damaging 30.

Hezbollah, whatever you think of their methods and ideology, are a very effective fighting force, probably the best in the Arab world. They don't have the best equipment in the world - their rocket attacks on Israel are almost comically ineffective when you look at the numbers they've fired compared to the numbers that actually hit anything - but they've been able to effectively engage the IDF on the ground and driven them back more than once.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hmm, look at this link - it looks like that the building in question collapsed 8 HOURS after the strike. It smells with Hezbollah involvement for me. BTW many targets have been hit in the village. Sorry to post the link in this way, I've problems with Javascript.

www.ynetnews.com...

And leaflets can excuse the civilian deaths, yes. They have been warned, after all. I really don't see more Israel can do, do you? Or should they send embassy with flowers to every building they plan to target, just to see if there are no civs besides those Hamas personel and rockets? The nuke analogy is flawed, Israel dosn't practice carpet bombing, there are places to hide in the country.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Strange that isreal is the maker of hezbolallah and now it matches its maker maby even better in tactics

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Hezbollah, whatever you think of their methods and ideology, are a very effective fighting force, probably the best in the Arab world. They don't have the best equipment in the world - their rocket attacks on Israel are almost comically ineffective when you look at the numbers they've fired compared to the numbers that actually hit anything - but they've been able to effectively engage the IDF on the ground and driven them back more than once.

"Driven the back more than once" - you are kidding, or do you consider some low level skirmishes between few dozens of men military victory? You should not listen to their propaganda so much. Next time you start to claim Arabs actually won their wars against Israel.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaCk2thereallife
Strange that isreal is the maker of hezbolallah and now it matches its maker maby even better in tactics

You're sure, you're not confusing them with Hamas? And again this talks about tactics are laughable, I don't think Hezbollah will survive this war, it will be either disarmed or destroyed, the things have gone too far, to allow them operate in Lebanon in similar way as before. So far for their brilliant tactics.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Two of the highlights of this tragedy.

SkyNews reporter vs. IDF spokesman.

Q: You have the superior inteligence network. How come you bombed the house full of civilians.

A: We didn't know.

Q: How come you didn't know.

A: It's war.

Let's se the chain of events prior of bombing.

First IDF bombs bridges. Then roads. Then all neighbouring gas stations. And then they spray the area with leaflets to evacuate.

Is it just me or the IDF are from Moron Mountain? Or are they thinking that we are?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was going to respond to your earlier rather laughable claim that Hizb'Allah are responsible for this, however from your above post I can see that you are obviously very young and really do not know what you are talking about.

Anyone with very basic grammar skills would have seen that with BaCk2thereallife's post, the second word should be been "know"

As for your posts on this thread - and any future ones - I'd suggest engaging your grey matter before putting "pen to paper".

Cheers

JS

Speaking of immature and young... Because I don't believe the same thing as you that must make me young and immature? Way to be mature there "sir". I'm sure you are just a bastion of knowledge and experience yourself making remarks like that. Grow up...Ohh and fyi I'm sure that I am a bit older than you, but judging by your writing skill and the way you attack people that don't share your opinion, I'm not sure that's saying much...

His sentence also made no sense to me whatsoever having been posted in some cross hybrid english-like sentence structure.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"Driven the back more than once" - you are kidding, or do you consider some low level skirmishes between few dozens of men military victory?

Bint Jbail, err, all week?
The Israelis admit they have been unable to take the town, of course now they're claiming they never meant to take it in the first place...

Which is odd considering that's not what they were saying when they started.

Hezbollah's guerilla campaign is also widely credited with causing Israel's withdrawal from it's "buffer zone" in Southern Lebanon in 2000, and not just by Hezbollah itself.

You should not listen to their propaganda so much.

Ditto

Next time you start to claim Arabs actually won their wars against Israel.

Not yet, but Israel seems determined to make sure they get plenty more wars, thus a few more shots at the job.

[edit on 7/30/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Topic folks, let's discuss it and not each other.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You people using this leaflets and phone calls thing to make it sound so much more humane.

#1 It was only after a boatload of people died and countless complaints from the international community that they started that campaign

#2 They bombed out all the roads and houses where are they supposed to go?

#3 We already see how they drive everyone from out of their houses into central areas and bomb that making claims that hezbollah is hiding amongst them.

#4 Israel has played this scam many times in palestine and its becoming Old Skool
They pulled out of Gaza so they could get a clear shot at all the palestinians in one central area.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
And I'll say again that this is war crime, or more precisely-mass murder. There's no apology for that, like 'human shield' bs. Leaflets? Only excuse, way to wash bloodied hands.

BTW, did any report show that a single member of hezbollah was killed in that attack?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Duby78]

Here;s what would happen if you said it in public as a powerful politician in america . You would be labeled anti semetic and hatred for Israel. The pro israel lobbyists/pundits would raise up a flag to attack you and you would be bloodied to death by senseless rants of vitrole and anger toward you ever implying Israel Govt as war criminals.

But thats what needs to be said. When you blitz a town and dismember children, you are guilty as any Hezbollah just by assoication of the act. Collateral Damage is a hall pass that doesn't work anymore when you see a addictive aggression take place.

This doesn't make Israel evil. It just makes them have to come to terms with their war crimes. In a way Hezbollah has succeeded the most because now it has shown Israel visibly as a threatening menace to arab states.

Im sorry but anyone who changed places and your family members were killed in a civilian military blitz, you would so change your tune.

Can youimagine if the U.S. now had a occupyying foreign force and just blitzing every major state/city/region for pseudo liberation and a vendetta against imperial policy ? So many citizens these pro israel to the death lifers would be screaming in violent anger for military attacks on civilians.

We all need to wake up and see what's happening is not a leftist/right issue it's a issue of bodies of innocents being dismembered because of fear.

That's it period.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Two of the highlights of this tragedy.

SkyNews reporter vs. IDF spokesman.

Q: You have the superior inteligence network. How come you bombed the house full of civilians.

A: We didn't know.

Q: How come you didn't know.

A: It's war.

Let's se the chain of events prior of bombing.

First IDF bombs bridges. Then roads. Then all neighbouring gas stations. And then they spray the area with leaflets to evacuate.

Is it just me or the IDF are from Moron Mountain? Or are they thinking that we are?

This is embarrassing with this kind of response. I can't believe that was said on the tv. You know if you were a u.s. politician and you said Israel was involved with War crimes you would be sent by the attack dogs of the Pro Israel Lobbyists/Pundits/. Everyone is afraid of saying anything because they believe it will just be turned into Anti Semetic propaganda if you criticize this Lebanon attack.

For the Pro Israel-Lebanon Attack/Pro Iraq occupation crowd I invite you to imagine this scenario. Imagine a foreign force invades the U.S. and it's mission is to liberate from the Imperialism and authoritarian of the Bush Administration and these foreign forces blizt the major states/cities and regions. Do you think for one second you would see it as collateral damage if your kid/friend/family member was killed in this conflict? If thousands of childrens were killed in this occupation? You are really smoking that serious crack. thats how you radicalize a country by taking such a violent militaristic action against civilians.

Im sorry but face the reality of the situation. With faced with that dire reality in your life you would fight the opposing force in your homeland no matter what their country stood for. And that's what is going on in the middle east. Power to the people and I toast to the slow impending destruction to imperialism worldwide.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
Hows that hypocrisy working out on the warmongering side?

If this was any of YOUR children you would be in a rage.

If my family was killed because a bunch of zealots had started a war with a neighbhoring country, I'd be upset with them, the traitors amoung my own people, more so than anyone else.

Or maybe I'd be mad at myself for permiting the zealots to exist within my country in the first place, eh?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think you're kidding yourself here, because it suits your political purposes.

If my kids were killed, I'd certainly resent the people who triggered the fight in the first place, but I'd kill the people who actually directly caused their deaths. Even if it cost me my own life.

[edit on 7/30/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Escrotumus:

Please don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say you were immature.

You mention:

...judging by your writing skill and the way you attack people that don't share your opinion, I'm not sure that's saying much...

You were the one who cast the first stone by attacking BaCk2thereallife just because he mispelt a word.

Did you attack him because he didn't share your opinion?

I was simply suggesting to you to think before you make posts knocking down someone on a personal level. How do you know he doesn't have some kind of problem with grasping the English language?

Believe me Escrotumus I could have said a lot worse as I do not tolerate people who knock down other people for no reason.

I certainly hope you made that post from an emotional point-of-view and not from a vindictive one - that at least that is forgivable

I think an apology to BaCk2thereallife from yourself is the least you could do at this stage.

Cheers

JS

Originally posted by Escrotumus

Cheers

JS

Speaking of immature and young... Because I don't believe the same thing as you that must make me young and immature? Way to be mature there "sir". I'm sure you are just a bastion of knowledge and experience yourself making remarks like that. Grow up...Ohh and fyi I'm sure that I am a bit older than you, but judging by your writing skill and the way you attack people that don't share your opinion, I'm not sure that's saying much...

His sentence also made no sense to me whatsoever having been posted in some cross hybrid english-like sentence structure.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
More to confuse the situation:

IDF: Qana building fell hours after strike

An IDF investigation has found that the building in Qana struck by the Air Force fell around eight hours after being hit by the IDF.

"The attack on the structure in the Qana village took place between midnight and one in the morning. The gap between the timing of the collapse of the building and the time of the strike on it is unclear," Brigadier General Amir Eshel, Head of the Air Force Headquarters told journalists at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv, following the incidents at Qana.

Eshel and the head of the IDF's Operational Branch, Major General Gadi Eisnkot said the structure was not being attacked when it collapsed, at around 8:00 in the morning.

The IDF believes that Hizbullah explosives in the building were behind the explosion that caused the collapse.

More...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, Israel did not cause the building to collapse after the attack that hit it . . .Hezbollah blew it up 8 hours later . . .

Hezbollah did it . . . Hezbollah is the one to blame for the UN death also . . .

I feel so good now . . . the propaganda is just getting better and better. . .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join