It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 children dead/40 civilians in one airstrike in Lebanon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Let's all not forget what caused the death of these people: hezbollah.

You are so full of it.

Israel bombs a bunch of refugees and you blame Hezbollah.

Yes, Hezbollah triggered this round of fighting.
But it was Israel that dropped the bomb, and Israel bears sole responsibility for the murders of these people.

I am disgusted that this pack of muderers gets billions in US taxpayer dollars every year.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
39,460 to 43,927 Iraqi civilian deaths since Bush pulled the trigger. Lots of those were kids too. Innocent little kids with bright smiles and the hope for a decent life. Just like yours. But of course, we don't wanna talk about that now do we.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
39,460 to 43,927 Iraqi civilian deaths since Bush pulled the trigger. Lots of those were kids too. Innocent little kids with bright smiles and the hope for a decent life. Just like yours. But of course, we don't wanna talk about that now do we.

We forgot about the Palistinians too who are getting pummeled..over 200 dead so far since the Corporal was kidnapped.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is nothing else but war crime. Individuals responsible (entire chain of command) should be put on trial for this one.

And yet, some think hezbollah is 100% responsible. Makes me wanna

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
This is nothing else but war crime. Individuals responsible (entire chain of command) should be put on trial for this one.

And yet, some think hezbollah is 100% responsible. Makes me wanna

Rice is on her way back home to make sure that Bolton gets it right when we veto any type of resolutions or actions against Israel. I hope a EU nation will press charges in lieu of The UN if nothing happens to these criminals. At least make it that they can never travel to the EU again.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Go ahead and puke all you want as I'll say it again. Hezbollah IS responsible for this. Any logical person can deduce that if they wouldn't fight like cowards and use their citizens as human shields then this wouldn't have happened. Do you realize that in the US that if you are the driver of a car for a bunch of bank robbers and did nothing but drive a car, if someone is killed in that robbery in which you had no direct involvement in that you will be tried for capital murder and executed just as if you had pulled the trigger yourself? This is very similar imo. The citizens and government know and allow these thugs to operate around them, so now unfortunately they are stuck in the middle. War is not a pleasant business and accidents happen.

What if hezbollah was launching more powerful rockets or chemical weapons from that little town? At what point WOULD it be ok for Israel to take it out? If I was in charge and had evidence that rocket attacks were raining down on my citizens from there then I would have given the order to level the town just like they did. My citizens would take priority over theirs.

I also WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that a cease-fire to hezbollah is just another word for "regroup and rearm". They are sneaky, treacherous little weasels who thrive on the killing of innocent people to further their own cause.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Sorry, people but it's really only Hezbollah and those dead civs who are responsible. Israelies don't have resources to always check if there are also civilians in some building. You can never be sure, especially in case of organization that uses civs as human shields and mixes with local population. THAT'S THE REASON WHY ISRAELIES DROPPED LEAFLETS URGING THE PEOPLE LIVING NEAR POSSIBLE TARGETS TO LEAVE. Hezbollah doesn't warn civilians in target areas that they will be attacked, ISRAEL DOES, despite the fact that it reveals to Hezbollah IAF intentions in advance. To make it short, Lebanese civilians recieved warnings DAYS AGO that the things could go ugly for them, and Israel cannot guarrantie their safety during bombing attacks (BTW I remeber some of them proudly tearing the leaflets and boasting that Alah will help them, surely he did
) . They didn't leave so it's their problem. So stop whining about civilian casualties, it was their choice to stay there, they payed for it with their deads and deads of their children and wives.

People should stop blaming Israelies for Hezbollah sins. In fact whole West should unite behinf them and FORCE Lebanon to disarm or destroy Hezbollah, otherwise there would be NEVER peace. (or at least they should not intervene against Jews) Israel can trusted to maintain peace with Lebanon (as showed post 2000 withdrawal), Hezbollah cannot and will not. That Hezbollah is too powerfull and that they have support of 15% of population? Well, the Lebanesse people must choose - either Hezbollah or war with Israel, and carry consequences. That means if the want to fight for/support Hezbollah they can, but they should stop complaining and snivel about casualties and economic damage in case of war.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by longbow]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You no as a military view isreal is losing they are killing more civs then hezbollah fighters and i dont think they killed alot of fighters while hezbollah is doing a good job of keeping isreal of borders and killing isreal troops and tanks and even an apache

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaCk2thereallife
You no as a military view isreal is losing they are killing more civs then hezbollah fighters and i dont think they killed alot of fighters while hezbollah is doing a good job of keeping isreal of borders and killing isreal troops and tanks and even an apache

Eh? I didn't understand one word of that.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And I'll say again that this is war crime, or more precisely-mass murder. There's no apology for that, like 'human shield' bs. Leaflets? Only excuse, way to wash bloodied hands.

BTW, did any report show that a single member of hezbollah was killed in that attack?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Duby78]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And I'll say again that this is war crime, or more precisely-mass murder. There's no apology for that, like 'human shield' bs. Leaflets? Only excuse, way to wash bloodied hands.

BTW, did any report show that a single member of hezbollah was killed in that attack?

Hezbollah would never report their deads if not necessary. And this is really not war crime, unless you prooves that the attack was intentional and that they knew the target was exclusively civilian. Why should leaflests be just excuse? It's simple - Hezbollah wages the kind of war where civilians have high chance to be harmed, period. It is simply not possible to attack Hezbollah who uses them as human shields, without casualties. IAF has not choice. As I said at least Lebanesse civilians are warned in advance, they HAD chance to escape, at least from most dangerous areas (including the village in question), Seriously if such leaflet fell on my house I would definitely not threaten my family and I'd send them away IMMEDIATELY.
That means those people who remained were a/suicidal idiots; b/Hezbollah supporters (wives, children).

[edit on 30-7-2006 by longbow]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

How would you know if a member of Hezbollah was killed or not? The cowards hide among civilians. How do we know for sure that the adults there where not Hezbollah?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hezbollah responsible for this?

Why dont they just nuke Lebanon then! Since in the end, Hezbollah would be responsible right!? They made Israel nuke them. They made Israel kill.

The responsibility of a power like Israel, lies in discretion. Almost every nation besides the US is saying, Isreal needs a proportionate response to the initial crime and that an immediate cease-fire is nessasary in order to prevent crap like this happening! But no, let the warmongering continue.

Seriously, how can this be anywhere near a proportionate response? All this talk of blaming Hezbollah for every death is nonsense! Both parties must take responsibility for their actions instead of pointing the finger and saying "it's their fault."

Good job Israel, you just destabilized the region for your children even more!

CNN just reported up to 60 now dead
CNN Source

Israel is claiming the attack is a mistake? Oh, that makes it better!

Israeli air attack kills 60 civilians, including 19 children
Israel: Strike was 'mistake'; Rice returning to Washington

[edit on 30-7-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Latest news show that 54 persons were killed, of them at least 34 children. Entire civilzed world is condemnig this monstrous attack. I certainly hope that all responsible will face severe consequences. Nothing cannot be said to appologise such heinous conduct!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This attack wouldnt have happened if Hezbo didnt start this whole thing up in the first place!!! Blame need to be placed no where other than on Hezbollah.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kidnaping of two soldiers cannot justify death of hundreds, mostly innocents, and destruction of country's infrastructure

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The kidnapping of two soldiers is nothing more than an excuse to wage war. . . this war started with two Israeli soldiers and an aim to get them back. Why is it then that Israel seem more intent on destroying the democratic country of Lebanon than getting their men back?

When was the last time you heard a news story that Israel was trying to get them back? I can honestly say that I have not heard of any serious attempt to get them back or whether they are even still alive since this whole horrific incident began!!!

This whole thing is an attempt at slight of hand by Israel to divert attention away from its action against the Palistinian people (maybe even take more land than they had before!) and also to provide an opportunity to drag Iran/Syria into the conflict therefore enabling America to play a more direct role in the conflict than it is already doing!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Congratulations the u.s. just helped give Osama another birthday present

Did the US fire those missile then?

Fair enough the US gets bashed a lot, and yes i know the US sold most of those weapons to Israel, but thats not US soldiers firing those missiles. No matter what the situation is there, and no matter how influential the US may be, the fact is Israel COULD stop if it wanted to. It COULD play a different game than all out obliteration of anything in Lebanon in order to get Hezbollah.

I'm not saying the US is an angel by any means, any more than the UK is here, but by posting as though the US is solely to blame for the deaths of these kids i feel is going a bit far.

CX.

CX, let me be as straight as I can with you. Osama Bin Laden said in his interviews what the strategy for Islamic Radicals whate they wanted to do. He wanted to create a Hellstorm in the mideast and drag U.S. into it and bog it down into oblivion for it's military. You know so many of these pundits thought Osama was an idiot. But really he was well read Saudi Arabian Dr Doom in his plan for how he helped orchestrate this with his jihadist cohorts. And they said it over and over. That's the funny part. No one paid attention they just said we have to get over there.

The plan is simple CX. Create a whirlwind of chaos and bankrupt our military in the process so it will never be as strong and powerful as it is again . I am not bashing the U.S.. The U.S is emotionally retarded. We overreact and never critically think when it comes down to game time. This is yet another example with Israel.

Fundamentalists aren't scared of superior firepower. They want you to help them die, CX and in the process destroy the U.S. economy by waging this mission.
I'm sorry if people don't want to believe that but these fundamentalists are smarter than the U.S. They have less of a overhead and mobile and completely expendable .Suicide Soldiers by the thousands and they are embedded everywhere with no uniform. Now ask yourself who is more savvy? What are the recruit numbers for the U.S.? Abysmal....even if they cook the numbers it's still bad.

Face the truth. Bin Laden and Islamic extremists wants to keep the U.S. in the Middle East in different regions spread thin. You want to hear something that will hit it home?

Osama said in the Miller ABC interview his vision is to nationalize the middle east against the Western Empire in a jihadist conflict for the merciful allah. A river of blood if you will of the enemy as a gift to all merciful. Bin Laden was saying this back in 1998. He was taunting the U.S. to come. into the arab sands and then the invaders and infidels have entered holy land and it's game time. Back then he was seen as crazy and living in a fantasy. But thanks to the Bush Administration

See, It's not about the U.S. killing them it's about the rage in the different territories and a uprisal of a great magnitude. Israel or the U.S. doesn't get it. And meanwhile establishing political and military power slowly.

This is Chess not Checkers.

And make no mistake about it, we need to stop playing checkers.

We have limited options and the one that involves radicalizing everywhere our troop force is sent in isn't a option. That's a failed policy and we need to throw anyone who suggests or implies this on the railroad traintracks.

ISrael is yet another example of a chess move. Get Israel to react and show their military force in full swing.

In some ways Israel is like a scared violent child. The country doesn't know how to use it's military without looking like a civilian massacre. Israel is addicted to violence it's mainlining in it's vein right now. It's excuse is Hezbollah. You don't deal with terrorism by helping birth more terrorism. I don't know why Israel doesn't understand that.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Let's all not forget what caused the death of these people: hezbollah.

Sorry but Im sure once the shell fragments lodged in the childrens heads are examined...it will be Israeli. Not a Hizbolla shell. It was Israels option to use force, and Israels choice to attack and attempt to collectively punish the Lebanese and palestinian people.

The cowards are the very same cowards who killed the civilians on the beach and tried to lie their way out of it.

The pregnant woman on the street with the 5 year old child in palestine

The family of 12 in Lebanon the very first night of their attack

The 4 UN observers

The 75 year old woman and 2 children in palestine

The rest of the 750 dead Lebanese/Brazilian/Australian Civilians in Lebanon

The excuses are over with for this terrorist nation thinly veiled as a democracy. The world is watching.

And Waiting.

I confess that, like many in the US, if not the West, I have supported Israel in her struggle to exist amid her "enemies". Americans, it seems, always have a soft spot for the perceived "underdog".

Given Israel's conduct in the current crisis, that underdog has been shown to be more of a "junkyard dog"; and a dangerously rabid one at that.

Of course, with 20/20 hindsight, we can see clearly that at least some of what her critics were saying about Israel's heavy-handed tactics and policies were true; although we seem to have been too smitten with the mythos of Israel to pay critical heed to thier warnings.

And now many of us feel betrayed by what we see as the sheer brutality of a one-time adored friend against true underdogs; innocent women and children, purposely targeted by supposedly "Precision-Guided" weapons of war.

We like to think of ourselves as moral, righteous, and compassionate. We trust that those we take into our hearts are of like character. Israel, our beloved has shown herself to be ...a monster.

How quickly, and bitterly, Love can turn to Loathing!

I'm not a biblical scholar, but I am passingly familiar with the some of the "end Times" predictions contained in the bible. I've always found much of what was written there to be difficult to believe.

One passage in particular, regarding the prophesy that "all nations would rise up against Israel", I found to be very difficult to accept as possible; after-all, the special relationship between the US and Israel was rock-solid and immutable, I thought. What could ever change that? So, I figured, it would never be that ALL nations would rise up.

In light of her recent actions, however, I must rise up in opposition.

Oh Israel! Wilst Thy Anger turn the whole of the World Against Thee, and thus shall Thee be Damned as the Harbinger of Mankind's Destruction?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In light of her recent actions, however, I must rise up in opposition.

My friend I am with you I my self rise up in opposition and urge others to do the same. We must take the action that our governments are so afraid to do!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join