It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 children dead/40 civilians in one airstrike in Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hows that hypocrisy working out on the warmongering side?

If this was any of YOUR children you would be in a rage. Congratulations you just got some more hezbollah recruits. Face it, your fighting the war on terror is a failure all we are doing is radicalizing regions previously moderate.

So blind these war on terror fanatics don't even realize this is exactly what extremists want you to do radicalize territory region by region.

Congratulations the u.s. just helped give Osama another birthday present
This is such beyond a failure. And if you think Karma isnt going to come back and ravage us for giving Israel the military power to do assault like this. You are in denial about how Justice works. You want to see your w collapse? Watch in the next year as it unfol

today.reuters.com... es-newsOne-2

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Qana again???

Talk about history repeating itself
this is sad and just plain disgusting

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
yes, I am outraged by this. I just posted in under article about ethnic cleansing.
I just cant believe this story was aired on the news for one sentence then the footage went to the funeral of the aussie who was killed fighting in the IDF. The news didnt even cover this??

I just dont understand why this is being played down. What is going on?

oh wow...they r just doing a big run on it now...showing the bodies and everything...

edit x 2 1 hour after 1st edit....

grrr wow I so livid
the 3rd news update now said "civilian deaths including a number of children"...!! They wont even say the number of children killed cos it looks too bad for IDF...

[edit on 30-7-2006 by NJE777]

[edit on 30-7-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
War criminal Olmert says:

12:22 Olmert: Qana village was used as a Hezbollah base for launching rockets at Israel (AP)

What a human piece of garbage he is. Lying sonofa**************

12:54 Hamas vows to carry out attacks on Israel in response to strike on Qana (Reuters)

12:53 Qassam rocket hits Sderot industrial zone factory, causing injuries, damage (Haaretz)

12:42 France condemns IAF strike on Qana, calls for immediate ceasefire (Reuters)

12:38 Over 1,000 protesters break into United Nations headquarters in Beirut (AP)

12:22 Olmert: Qana village was used as a Hezbollah base for launching rockets at Israel (AP)

12:21 Rice: It is time to get to a cease-fire in Lebanon (Reuters)

12:17 Jordan`s Abdullah calls Qana strike `ugly crime,` seeks immediate cease-fire (Reuters)

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is sad and a good exscuse for iran or syria to jump in which means we get involved and from what i'v read on here about the 9/11 conspiracy it seems to be working well for the jews if theres any truth to it. Any opinions?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
12:21 Rice: It is time to get to a cease-fire in Lebanon (Reuters)

I saw this earlier too and was

had to laugh though, first they say no to ceasefire or Israel rejects it, now Rice is calling for it and hez say no... WTF is going on.

Its time to get a cease-fire in Lebanon!!!!!!!!!!

little too late.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Olmert the pitiful excuse of a man and no more then any of the leaders that came before him in that country says:

Last update - 13:08 30/07/2006

Olmert: Hezbollah used Qana as base to launch 100s of rockets

By Haaretz Service

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, responding to harsh criticism of an Israeli air strike that cost scores of lives in the south Lebanese village of Qana, said Sunday that Hezbollah had used Qana as a base for launching hundreds of rockets at Israel.

"From the village and its surroundings, hundreds of Katyusha (rockets) have been fired at Israel, toward Kiryat Shmona and Afula," Olmert said during a cabinet meeting, according to a participant in the meeting.

Qana was the scene of an April, 1996, in which Israeli shelling of a base of United Nations peacekeepers in Qana killed more than 100 civilians sheltering there during Operation Grapes of Wrath

Source

Related Article on Qana and the Lies in 1982

CX

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Congratulations the u.s. just helped give Osama another birthday present

Did the US fire those missile then?

Fair enough the US gets bashed a lot, and yes i know the US sold most of those weapons to Israel, but thats not US soldiers firing those missiles. No matter what the situation is there, and no matter how influential the US may be, the fact is Israel COULD stop if it wanted to. It COULD play a different game than all out obliteration of anything in Lebanon in order to get Hezbollah.

I'm not saying the US is an angel by any means, any more than the UK is here, but by posting as though the US is solely to blame for the deaths of these kids i feel is going a bit far.

CX.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't have the link, but supposedly Lebanon's PM, just forwarded a message
to Condi Rice saying that her planned return visit is no longer welcome.

CX

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

I don't have the link, but supposedly Lebanon's PM, just forwarded a message
to Condi Rice saying that her planned return visit is no longer welcome.

This does'nt mention a message, but you get the general feeling here in this link.

Condi not welcome

CX.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Here's the link i was talking about.

www.tiscali.co.uk...

strike-kills-40.html
Israel air strike kills 40
30/07/2006 10:43

By Hussein Saad

QANA, Lebanon (Reuters) - An Israeli air strike killed at least 40 Lebanese civilians, including 23 children, on Sunday, prompting Lebanon to tell U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice she was unwelcome in Beirut before a ceasefire.

Hundreds of protesters chanting "Death to Israel, Death to America" stormed the U.N. headquarters in Beirut, even though witnesses said Hizbollah officials tried to discourage them.

Rice, who plans to stay on in Israel, said she was deeply saddened by the air raid on the southern village of Qana, but stopped well short of calling for an immediate cease-fire.

It was the bloodiest single attack during Israel’s 19-day-old war on Hizbollah guerrillas.

Hizbollah vowed to retaliate. "This horrific massacre will not go without a response," it said in a statement.

Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora said he would not hold negotiations before a ceasefire and officials said they had told Rice her planned visit to Beirut could not go ahead.

Of course now we can rest in confidence that the Bush administration's foreign policy is proving to be highy effective on the war on terrorism.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Skynews is giving an Israeli government spokesmen an bashing over this. In the UK, we are suprised by Skynews stance over Israel (seeings its a Murdoch station) and Jewish groups has accused them of being anti-semtic

The spokesmen is refusing to answer the question "did you kow there were civilians in the building?". Its funny how she is dancing around the questions.

Turn it on to Skynews now.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
personally i believe it is revenge for what happened in america yesterday. that man did not know what he did.

this is the problem with an eye for an eye

we all argree that israel has a right to defend itself, but this was a bit over the top to most people.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
as i have said before, this new Israeli prime minister is freaking AWESOME man.. he's doing what needs to be done to get the message out and get this war over with so Israel can live in peace, even if only for a while as we all know SOMEONE will attack them again...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Let's all not forget what caused the death of these people: hezbollah. They are cowards just like the muslims in Iraq that shoot their weapons from within civilian areas thinking that we won't retaliate. Well it's about time that the civilians there realized that harboring terrorists will get you killed, and they can either take steps to weed them out from their midst or move on. A man that uses a civilian as a shield will not go to Allah and will actually go to the devil as a coward and a murderer. The real murderers of these people is hezbollah, not Israel.

Quite frankly, I'm ashamed of all you ban Israel people on this board as well. especially if you are westerners. I am not jewish and frankly don't much care for them myself, but I do respect their right to exist. I also tire of the cowardly way that muslims fight their wars and how they seem to have no regard for the lives of their citizenry. Then when something unfortunate like this happens they cry an international outrage. If their citizens were smart, they would start attacking hezbollah members that they see operating amidst them. One thing Israel has proven thusfar is that if you harbor, support, or ignore hezbollah terrorists operating amidst you is that you will most certainly pay a high price. I'm sorry for what happened here but it was a valid military target that was created by hezbollah; nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Let's all not forget what caused the death of these people: hezbollah.

Sorry but Im sure once the shell fragments lodged in the childrens heads are examined...it will be Israeli. Not a Hizbolla shell. It was Israels option to use force, and Israels choice to attack and attempt to collectively punish the Lebanese and palestinian people.

The cowards are the very same cowards who killed the civilians on the beach and tried to lie their way out of it.

The pregnant woman on the street with the 5 year old child in palestine

The family of 12 in Lebanon the very first night of their attack

The 4 UN observers

The 75 year old woman and 2 children in palestine

The rest of the 750 dead Lebanese/Brazilian/Australian Civilians in Lebanon

The excuses are over with for this terrorist nation thinly veiled as a democracy. The world is watching.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Israel is really starting to pisss me off!

Sure, they have a right to defend themselves and I'm sure those women and children did something very very bad for them to be killed - NOT!

OK, so rockets are being launched via launchers from the villiage.

Why don't they target the launchers?

Thought they had precision bombing techniques?

E-Hun is an idiot! He's the one who needs taking out.

Cheers

JS

[edit on 30-7-2006 by jumpspace]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
White House has responded, its probably about as close we will see as criticism. The White House has called for "Israel restraint" and Rice is calling for Condoleezza Rice is calling for a ceasefire and the end of the violence. But Israel PM wants America to give them another 10-14 days (which, im not sure they will get after what happened today).

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why the outrage? Terrorist use civilians as shields. That is what they do.

A true civilian death toll will never be accurate because terrorist mingle with the civilian population.

Hezzbollah is 100% to blame for this, just like when they used the UN observers as shields.

Tip of the day: Whenever you hear "ceasefire" replace it with "time for Hezzbollah to regroup". It has the same meaning.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
UPI reports the following numbers:

An Israeli official said the bomb that killed 54 refugees in Qana, Lebanon, including 37 children, early Sunday hit the wrong building.

UPI

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join