It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were Ehud Olmert....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you were Ehud Olmert, what would you do?

I think it's sad that Israel is getting so much flak for defending itself.

I believe what they are doing now is completely justifiable and I think if anyone unbiasly looks at the sitition they too would think so.

If anyone thinks they have a better solution to the problem please post.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If I were Mr. Olmert...I think I might use the occasion of the pull back from Bint Jbail to ask the generals for their support for a full-press combined arms attack along the entire Lebanese front. I'd ask them for options, and a plan to kick off in 24 hours.

My intended goal would be a shock assault that would force the Hezbollah militias to spread their ranks, committ to battle, or fall back. The strategic goal of this attack would be to reach the Latina river. Mechanized elements would bypass milita strongpoints where possible. Artillery would be kept close and fully supplied. I would authorize the use of theater-grade ECM, if it was available.

On the diplomatic front, I would strongly suggest to the Lebanese government that they make preparations to move their army in to south Lebanon for a possible "take back" of those lands. I wouldn't expect anything to come from this, but it would keep the U.N. bureaucrats talking nice while the IDF rolled. I would make sure that all legal means were used to deny International media access to the area of operations.

Naturally, this throw of the dice would require that a secret third-party envoy be sent to the Syrians. The IDF's moves would be obvious to anyone with a brain and a t.v. remote. The Syrians would not be given a chance to misunderstand. They would be told directly that their...cooperation...would be looked upon favorably.

I would do this because dangerous times call for decisive measures. Knowing that the international community does not side with my country in this matter, I would do this for the sake of future generations who will suffer without proactive leadership at this time.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
yep,every word is gold ( to the one above me)

thing is,that our goverment is absalutly FUBAR ,it is relly weak right now,and our generals are even weaker.....
they are all desk junkies,never did alot of battle,and forgot allready.
thos are one of reasons our soldiers got butchered there....

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I would do CANA version 3 after the V1 in 1996 and the V2 just few hours ago

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If I were Olmert,First thing to do, I would get down on my hands and knees and pray for God to forgive me for murdering all the innocent men, women and children in this war and then ask for the forgiveness of all my predecessors and all their past transgressions and hope that he forgives me.

Never mind thinking about killing more people.

Then I'd try to run the country as a true democracy and something that other countries in the M.E. could look forward to becoming. I'd also make a point of nuclear disarmament as well as joining the IAEA, the NPT and CBW treaties as well, as a show of good faith to my neighbors who have done likewise.
I'd also make it a point to do my best not to raise the ire of the international community by attempting to keep my country on the right side of the law by not interfering with my neighbors government or that of my allies. Id also make it a point to abide by the laws set by the United nations so my country will not be shamed when condemned by other nations for actions I might cause. Lots of other things too.

Yeah I know its a fantasy. I don't expect it to happen in real life either.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Pull out and allow a multi-national force to come in and help the Lebanon army to defeat and stop Hizbollah. I would also support the Lebanon government and prevent it from having more take over from Hizbollah.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
After today I wuould probably pour petrol over my head and say a prayer for forgiveness before striking that match

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
if i were Olmert i would have locked myself in a room with some of my victim's mothers in there with me...
just to see how much they love me...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
if I were him, i wouldn't change a thing, and keep putting the pressure on Lebanon and say to HELL with diplomacy coz that never works with those muslim extremists!! also i'd plan on taking out Damascus real soon too jsut go in there and kick some ass and get back what rightfully is Israel's...this new prime minister, i wish we could have leader like that in the US....no beating around the bush, no waiting around for diplomacy, just swift, concise action.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
if I were him, i wouldn't change a thing, and keep putting the pressure on Lebanon and say to HELL with diplomacy coz that never works with those muslim extremists!! also i'd plan on taking out Damascus real soon too jsut go in there and kick some ass and get back what rightfully is Israel's...this new prime minister, i wish we could have leader like that in the US....no beating around the bush, no waiting around for diplomacy, just swift, concise action.

I hope you get what you ask for and a little more.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
After today I wuould probably pour petrol over my head and say a prayer for forgiveness before striking that match

ha ha

well as soon as I saw the thread I my response was: "I 'd hang my head in shame and ask GOD for forgiveness, then cut my wrists..but I like your match scenario better....

--------------------------

ok anger aside...

I would call all the leaders of the countries involved and invite them to dinner. I would then organise a game of skirmish. Cos, if I were him, I would say...hey lets fight our BS between ourelves and leave the little people out of it.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
if i were Olmert i would have locked myself in a room with some of my victim's mothers in there with me...
just to see how much they love me...

And shall we lock the muslium terrorists in the room with Israely mothers who lost children/husbands....??????????

The PM of Israel knows this.
He is doing the only thing that is open to him. Remove the terrorists who are attacking and killing his people.
Should they try to avoid civilians-UNLIKE THE MUSLIUM TERRORISTS DO-yes.
The problem is the cowardly terrorists hid among civilians-getting them killed.
They hide themselves and their terror weapons in schools/mosks/busness's/hiomes/apartments....

If the weeping people in lebanon want peace and an end to death and destruction, they need to stop supporting terrorists and get them removed from their country-if they can;t do it-let someone(s) who can do so

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If he - no it, or his/its' media monitors are listening, I'd say go crawl back under that rock from which you were spawned or go visit your relatives in Boca and stop murdering the innocent humans.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
If he - no it, or his/its' media monitors are listening, I'd say go crawl back under that rock from which you were spawned or go visit your relatives in Boca and stop murdering the innocent humans.

Victor K.

Israe would love to stop, but it has muslium terrorists that must be stopped-remember how Russia does it V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably too much for the terrorist appogilsts on this board, but if the muslium terrorists did not start and increase this, there would be no battles now.

If the Un di it's job and remove the terrorists, this would not be happening...

If Labanon removed the terrorists insed of putting the murderies in their gov and let them do as they pleae-this would not be happening..................

But lets forget all that, it makes it so much harder to be closed minded.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
mr-whatever: Qana v1,0, Qana v2.0... Never forget.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by Snazuolu

I hope you get what you ask for and a little more.

i actually hope we get someone like the Israeli prime minister here in the states, but i know we won't. oh well we can all fantasize right?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Imagine this scenario:

8/14/06: United Nations security council passes a resolution calling for a cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah. Language in the resolution strongly recommends that Israel pull its troops out of Lebanon. Hezbollah is asked to stop launching rockets in to Israel and withdrawl to a distance of five miles from the border.

8/16/06: Bowing to pressure from the United States and numerous calls from Europian leaders, PM Olmert gives the order to pull back. "We have no wish for further bloodshed. As we respect the wishes of the international community, we hope that the Hezbollah leaders will do the same."

8/17/06: Debates continue as the U.N. General Secretary tries to get member nations to committ trops and resoruces to a Lebanese peacekeeping mission. CNN reports on highly visible IDF redeployments. Hezbollah leader Al Masri is featured on Al Jazera T.V. saying, "We have many innocent deaths of avenge. We have many martyrs to avenge. Our enemy's reign of terror is at an end. From this day forward, we are driven by the hand of Allah."

8/20/06: The IDF withdrawl is completed as Hezbollah rocket attacks escalate. IDF air operations also stop. Returning to previously held positions, milita commanders make accurate use of Fajr-5 missiles, which are known to be supplied by Iran. CIA assets in the region warn Tel Aviv that severl Modified SCUD-B systems are known to be en route to Lebanon. AT 10:54 PM local time, a 330 kilo warhead from a Fajr-5 missile strikes an oil refinery in Haifa. 26 die as the fires are brought under control.

8/22/06: U.N. SecGen Kofi Anon expresses his frustration with Hezbollah as the Security Council fails to approve language for rules of engagement to be used by a future pacekeeping force. "The Israelis have shown the world that they value peace above all else. Again, we call upon the leaders of Hezbollah to cease their efforts. The world is waiting for a chance to help."

8/23/06: Militia ranks are swelled as foriegn fighters come to join Hezbollah. IDF commanders on the front lines report incrased mortar attacks. Since the pullout, 71 civilians and 23 military personnel have been killed inside Israeli borders. Mossad assets in Syrian back up U.S. claims that there are SCUD-B missile systems in Lebanon. Israeli air force commanders request permission to begin new air strikes. At the urging of U.N. intermediaries, this request is denied.

8/24/06: At 6:02 AM local time, an Israeli patrol vessel is hit and sunk by a Silkworn variant fired from hidden positions in the city of Tyre. Israeli military intelligence calls it a lucky shot, since the weapon appeared to be used from extreme range. AT 6:10 AM local time, four SCUD-B weapons are fired at pre-designated targets in Haifa. 31 persons die as four petrochemical complexes are hit. Fires are contained within 26 hours. In the last 72 hours, 22 civilians have been killed by Katyusha rocket attacks. Limited use of Fajr-5's claim 6 more.

8/25/06: Israel's government spokesman confirms that the country's gasoline supply is in doubt. Western media experts claim than they are being shut out as news sources begin to dry up. Rumors of a pending Hezbollah ground offensive result in small demostrations and large-scale hoarding. Sources close to the U.N. Security Council continue to leak insider information that suggest there will be no agreements any time soon. On this day, 217 Katyushas land inside Israel. Five SCUD-B weapons find their way to Tel Aviv. Israelis watch on live television as a Patriot defensive missile knocks down one of the Iranian-built weapons. A spokesman for Prime Minister Olmert will not confirm the number of suspected casualties.

[What now?]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
This is probably too much for the terrorist appogilsts on this board, but if the muslium terrorists did not start and increase this, there would be no battles now.

It's a monsoon seasson and it's raining crap.

On topic.

If I was Ehud Olmert, I would seek some professional help and of course change my hair-dresser.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
mr-whatever: Qana v1,0, Qana v2.0... Never forget.

Victor K.

Israel will never forget-Israel and only Isral will defind Israel with it's troops.

Israel will never forget that it is the muslium terrorists that started this.

Israel will never forget that Hezbolla are the lapdogs of Iran who pay them/arm them and train them to comete murder!

Israel will never forget that only they have the "gonads" to remove the terrorists from lebanon.

BTW, have you all noticed now that Israel is succeding in removing hezbolla terrorists and their weapons, now there are calls to stop fighting-sigh

We all know they only want a break to get more men/weapons and IRANIAN military there--ref a post showing 4 Iranian military men killed in lebanon-helping the terrorists-can't seem to find link now-was here this morning.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If I was Ehud Olmert I would give back ALL the the occupied territory, remove ALL of the Jewish settlements from the occupied territories, allow ALL the refugees and their decendants to return to their homes and villages, rebuild and pay compensation to those whose homes, property and businesses have been destroyed since 1948, give all Israeli citizens equal treatment under law and abolish all racist aparthied laws. There can never be peace for Israel until this is done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join