It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostrodomus is not a phrophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
All nostrodous did was write vauge bits of poetry that can be interipited to mean anything, his predictions are so vauge they are usless, and he just serves as a way for Miss Cleo physics to earn a few bucks.

BAH-HUMBUG!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You say this, but where's the proof? It would be best to cite some references and specific examples of why you feel this way instead of just ranting about Nostradamus. Help us out.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
and it would help your credibility on the subject if you spelled things in your post correctly...like his name and the word prophet

kind regards,
digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I agree with the post above me. If you were some learned scholar who has made it his life's work and profession to study Nostradamus and his writings, then I'd take your declaration with a little more seriousness.

Nostradamus might be vague in most of his 'predictions.' It may indeed be nothing but rubbish. But there are credible people who both confirm and deny his abilities to predict the future and so it's foolish to completely dismiss the possibility... not when there are smarter people than yourself who believe that Nostradamus was legit and have material to back up their position (which may or may not be correct).

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
thanks firebat

i for one do not believe that the man was a prophet. that's just my opinon. but as firebat added, you don't sound like a learned scholar on the subject when you can't spell the man's name or the word prophet correctly for that matter. thats all im saying, i don't disagree with what you are trying to express. but people are just going to laugh you off and brush you aside if you can't write your ideas on the subject coherently.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ol Nosti is interesting no dout. I think he was a very gifted seer. But no gifted person is %100 right, especially when it comes to the world. I do however think he did rather well on short term prophecies while he was around, I don't remember the exacts but some king that was killed by a lance, wasnt a vague prophecy. I am sure someone around here knws it, and a lot of other things about him, I find him interesting, but don't base my life on it, as no one should. Just interesting, because what he writes could very well be a part of the future, in some ways. He was a gifted doctor as well, way ahead of his time. I think some of his stuff is very good

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I don't remember the exacts but some king that was killed by a lance, wasnt a vague prophecy.

Death of Henry II & Other well documented predicitons
The young lion will overcome the older one,
On the field of combat in a single battle;
He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death.
(Century 1, Quatrain 35)

This quatrain foretelling the death of King Henry II of France in a jousting accident is one of the most famous, predocumented, and perhaps one of the most studied.

In June 1559, Henry II ignored all warnings that Nostradamus gave him and participated in a jousting tournament against the Comte de Montgomery. Both men used shields embossed with lions. Montgomery was six years younger than Henry. A tournament is a field of ritual single combat.

During the final bout, Montgomery failed to lower his lance in time. It shattered, sending a large splinter through the king's gilded visor (golden cage). Along with minor punctures in the face and throat, there were two mortal wounds. One splinter destroyed the king's eye; the other impaled his temple just behind the eye. Both penetrated his brain. Henry lingered for ten agonizing days before dying a cruel death. Coincidence?

source - www.armageddononline.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Alright, lets take the one you just used.

The young lion will overcome the older one,
On the field of combat in a single battle;
He will pierce his eyes through a golden cage,
Two wounds made one, then he dies a cruel death.
(Century 1, Quatrain 35)

This could be applied to anything. Let me pick on a personal favorite historical event, The kennedy assassination. Nostrodomus proves the Warren Commission. LOOK!

The Young lion is Lee Harvey Oswald. in Lion tribes the females do the hunting, like in Oswalds family his mother was the head of the house hold. Kennedy was also a lion because ions are a symbol of nobility and power, which being a playboy and president he was.

The field of combat is Deally Plaza. The single battle refers to how quick the atatck lasted, only a few shots. Just like the Warren Comission says.

The eyes being peirced is where I get to play my favorite card. Here Nostrodomus was close, but a little off, because all seers are not 100% accutrate. Kennedy was wounded in the head, but not the eyes, close enough. Equally the golden cage is the limo. In his golden cage of both believed security and the symbol of wealth, the huge car. The warren comission stated that the security that day was not strong enough. See where this is going?

Two wounds made one refers to the multiple wounds in Kennedy and Connally. Two wounds, made one, two people wounded by one bullet. Maybe he just didnt see the injury to connally's wrist and leg. Wow! he saw the Magic bullet hundreds of years before it was though up. And the Cruel death is Kennedy's painful death in parkland medical.

Nostridomus shows us the warren comission was correct! Im being sarcastic, but there you have it. Im not saying seers and such dont exist, Im just saying its pretty easy to fake it. And sorry about the ranting and bad spelling.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
He used water gazing and other occult artificial techniques to induce the visions.
Wouldn't a 'prophet' have them naturally? To be able to claim the term 'prophet'
I am under the impression that it has to be a natural gift, otherwise he is just a
gifted occultist.

Anyone know for sure what the criteria for 'prophet' is?

He could tell the future but through artificial means. So I don't think he qualifies.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Exactly
Nostrodomus was simply writing down realtivly random stuff that was only interipited years after his death.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He used water gazing and other occult artificial techniques to induce the visions.
Wouldn't a 'prophet' have them naturally? To be able to claim the term 'prophet'
I am under the impression that it has to be a natural gift, otherwise he is just a
gifted occultist.

Anyone know for sure what the criteria for 'prophet' is?

He could tell the future but through artificial means. So I don't think he qualifies.

It's called Scrying.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The 1666 Great fire of London seemed like a spot on prediction, as did his reference to "Hister" i.e HITLER!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by squidbones

Your comparison of Century 1, Quatrain 35 to Kennedy's assassination is poor to say the least.

Century 1, Quatrain 35 is about King Henry's death. Nostradamus even went and met with Queen Catherine de' Medici in 1556 to talk with her about it, since King Henry was her husband.

Kennedy's assassination was predicted in another Quatrain, though I don't know off the top of my head which it was or its exact wording.

top topics

join