It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson Arrested for DUI!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I do't know about the biggest actor to get caught. Remember Eddie Murphy and the transvestite? How about Hugh Grant and the Transvestite. And let's not forget Tom Cruise and the transvestite.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority that he was sent by the Bronze! LOL. Last of the V8 Interceptors! It's the blower Max! Gonna get you Bronze! Ain't that right Fefe?

Is this a "Sign" of his "Passion"? Two men enter one man leaves! The Great Humungous approves! What in the M. Knight Shama-lama-ding-dong wuz he thinkin'? "What Women Think" could become a "Conspiracy Theory" in this story of Lethal Weaponry'!

Wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub, hey Moe! Is this rigged Riggs? Or just another "Tequila Sunrise" leading to a man with no face? Great acting and directing will be called for the movie of the week of this DUI... Ron Howard, Travolta, William Gibson as the lead, Steve Irwin as Mel's "Good Angel" little voice, Russell Crowe as Mel's "Bad Angel"?

Such a hoot!

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wonder if he was helping out at mass and drank all the altar wine at the end of
mass. Seriously. At the end of mass those helping the priest have to consume
all the Precious Blood (wine) so that none is left. He is a daily communicant at
Mass. (St. Pius X Mass - Not Roman Catholic Mass)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Do you think he'll do PSA's as a community service? OH, OH, I got it a PSA spot for Mothers Against Drunk Driving! MaDD Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw him interviewed once when he talked about his life falling apart and his seriously contemplating jumping out of a window, or something. It sounded like classic alcoholic downward spiral - he said his faith saved him at that point.

If I lived in L.A., I would just go to AA meetings all the time to meet the stars. lol

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I like Mel Gibson...
:shk:
......easier to point the finger at someone else besides ourselves.....How many times have I done this myself!
And I also know that WE(including myself) are so ever quick to condemn or judge a person for their faults, when what we should be doing is looking at our own faults and condemning ouselves before we go pointing the finger at someone else....be him/her an actor or whatever position they hold.

"I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Matthew 9:13).

"I say to you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance" (Luke 15:7).

the Apostle James writes, "For we all stumble in many things" (James 3:2).
If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. If we confess our sins, He (Jesus Christ) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9-10).

We all have our faults, and it's one of our weaknesses, to do the things that we should not....
the Apostle Paul: "For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do" (Romans 7:15).

How can we judge Mel Gibson, when we dont KNOW if he has actually asked for forgiveness and has made it good with God?
I know I read elsewhere at aniother time, that Mel Gibson has had problems with his drinking.....don't we all have something?
While we go condemning others, we ourselves are being Judged by God Himself....

Hmmmm,
I made this into a religious thread....sorry all...
so, yeh, Mel Your still great!
Just remember to get up every time you fall.

And for other actors being caught out doing unlawful acts.........
speaking of adultery, for example, He says, I say to you, that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matt. 5:28).
so, I guess all people are guilty in the eyes of God.
And speaking of Forgiveness......From The Old Testament...continues into the New Testament.....From Psalms.

In ancient times, before the beginning of Confession, it was appointed to read an entire series of Psalms from which Psalm 51/50 depending on what Bible you have ...Have mercy on me Oh Lord according to thy great mercy, etc(being known as the Penitential Psalm)........King David sins because he loves Bathsheba,and causes the death of Uria(the husband)...King David Repents......Then the Priest would read certain prayers(psalms.....which up until today it is still practised)

After being rebuked by Nathan, David confessed, I have sinned against the Lord! Upon hearing David's repentance, Nathan proclaimed God's forgiveness, The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die (2 Sam. 12:13).

Hope you all do not think that i'm quick to point the finger at anyone here, but just letting people know that we all love gossip and all, but it does have consequences when the person we point the finger at, is already feeling 'Guilt' over his actions, and we the people only make it worse.......
helen

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good thing you turned this into a religious thing. That way I didn't have to

Sure you can forgive Mel for drinking, but what about this

www.tmz.com...

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

I saw The Passion, I know where he's coming from. The same place as Eric Cartman.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Good thing you turned this into a religious thing. That way I didn't have to

Sure you can forgive Mel for drinking, but what about this

www.tmz.com...

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

I saw The Passion, I know where he's coming from. The same place as Eric Cartman.

Hi Rasobasi420///

Hmm,
Let's see.
I still don't blame Mel Gibson.
He was under the influence, and it was the drink speaking!

Everyone, when upset or angered sais things that they dont mean.......only regret settles in later.
Ok, drinking issues he may have, and that is no excuse for his behaviour, but we ALL do things that may or may not come back to haunt us.Which is not a good thing because some people do not have forgiveness in them at all, and words exchanged could 'mark' ones life forever.

And this quote........

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

C'mon, what else was the poor guy suppose to do . If you got to go, you got to go!
:shk:

And after all that, Mel Gibson did apologise for his behaviour....

I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

quotes taken source

And this incident is so 'all over the news' only because of who Mel Gibson is....a respected actor and well known figure to all.
If it was someone like a 'nobody' like me, it would not be so 'out there' because who cares what i think or do...
And sure, Mel Gibson being in the position he is, should know better then to
and then start the
all in a days work!

to all.
helen

Here's one for you, Mel Gibson...
Mel, you sure fell,
Now get on up and out of that cell,
you surely dont want to go to hell.
I'm sure you feel regret and all,
and all that may come to befall.....(ok, could not think of another word)
but think of God and dont look back,
and hurry up and hit the sack.
theres no excuse for your behaviour,
even though you have a Saviour.
Im sure your family have forgiven you,
and all the people out there too.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
People say things they don't mean to say out loud when they're drunk, that is true. But Mel definately felt that way to begin with otherwise it wouldn't have even entered his head.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
People say things they don't mean to say out loud when they're drunk, that is true. But Mel definately felt that way to begin with otherwise it wouldn't have even entered his head.

Hey Rosobasi///

I guess Mel may or may not have had this thought deep down and all.....
I don't want to argue the point with you....

Not with that "right hand hook" of yours HERE

All is good!
Take care,
helen

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This'll end up being publicity for his new film he just made in Mexico.

There was a bottle of te-kill-ya found in the backseat in a brown bag, 2/3's full. His breathalyzer test registered .12% BAC. (.08 or .10 in some states, is legally drunk) And he tried to escape arrest.

Here's the Police Report in .pdf.
--courtesy of this blogger

I certainly agree that people under the influence loose their inhibitions and will speak of things a rational mind would know were tacky and rude. Mean drunks are the worst and if he KNEW he's an alcoholic, very very irresponsible. His wife should get him put away. Don't they have like sixteen kids, or something?

He's probably very embarrassed right now, but not enough to not turn lemons into lemonade and let the PR peeps go to town on his new movie.

new topics

top topics

join