It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benevolent or Aggressive alien races?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information and/or thoughts about a theory I read about a while back about 2 very differnt alien races watching mankind. The first of these races is not aggressive in a sense but treats mankind as labrats, abducting us and preforming experiments on us for study or future colinization. This race was the one that these people claimed to be the insect-like one(Large heads, large eyes, small bodies), i.e "Greys". The other race is more humanoid, this race is what these people believed to be the explantion for people's sightings or encounters with "angels". This race was the supposed benvolent one and in a way protecting or gaurding us from the other race. I just wanted to know if anyone has any information on this theory and/or thoughts about this at all. As always thank you for your time and I'll be waiting for your answers =),

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxSeekerxX
As always thank you for your time and I'll be waiting for your answers =),

Most of the mythology about there being a "good" alien race and a "bad" alien race is nothing but the projection of basic human archetypes onto the unknown quantity of life elsewhere in the universe. It's a new spin on the very old (1,200 B.C.) Zoroastrian concept of supernatural forces of good and evil battling over the disposition of mankind. Gimme that old-time religion!

If there are other alien civilizations (we have no good evidence to prove there are), and Nature acts the same way throughout the universe that it does here on Earth (it might not), then there may be hundreds of thousands of different alien races out there, each with their own agenda that may not have anything to do with our human notions of "good" and "evil." That's because we're very limited in our perception of the universe.

Say there was an alien race out there that could literally see "souls." They have a way of perceiving some kind of conscious, trans-dimensional energy field that attaches itself to an organic form or body in order to experience 3-D existence. And imagine that the goal of these aliens is to free these souls so they can join in a larger, joyful, and more fulfilling galactic mind-being-thing. Well, they'd slaughter us like ants. But for our own good. But we wouldn't know that.

And it's not even that. Say we are the equivalent of sheep to an alien species. And there's another alien species that's a wolf. Is it "evil" for the wolf to want to eat the sheep? Hey, that's what it does! That's Nature. Predator and prey, eat and be eaten. There's nothing good or evil about it. It's just what happens.

The thing is, we just don't know how to think "alien" enough to imagine all of the possible permutations and motivations of an ET species. People who go along with the good versus evil scenario are basically idiots with very poor imaginations, who feel more comfortable putting their ideas into a simpler, more familiar anthropomorphic context.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I asked a similar question and tried to get a feeling for what people thought. I put out a few possible theories here. Feel free to add your own, I am interested in learning why they are here. I don't much care if I am cattle, provided my soul continues. I like the idea of life after death so to speak.

I would like to think they are benevolent but if there is one race, there is likely many. I doubt they are ALL benevolent but who knows what's going on. The governments and militaries of the world would probably be ordered to shoot them if they did come down for disclosure in a big way, so this makes me think that they probably are benevolent.

new topics

join