It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the Jews?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Given that there are no obvious reasons - they don't have spots, they drink the blood of babies- the next most logical reason that I can think of is that they are convenient. Hatred and fear are so easy to rally people around (Hitler is a good example, but it is a tool often used to solidify a nation in time of war) that anyone seeking this solidity, or just power, needs a target. Jews have been villianized, for so long, and without anyone really realizing why that it is just easier to blame them.

I think that nobody really knows why.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What I think is ridiculous is people saying Jews control everything. They control everything from the US & Europe, to Hollywood, to every news station, to food to banks. It sounds like paranoia, and this has always been a reason for hate towards Jews. Well if Jews controlled everything and were so pro-Israel, why isn't Israel the most powerful country in the world?

I am "Jewish", because my family is. But I do not believe in the religion, nor do I agree with Israel. Israel is a land of fanatics just as much as Palestine and the other arab countries are. They haven't seem to come into the 21st century. If there was no oil in that region, Western countries would have screwed with it as much as they screw with Africa.

Nobody is "god's chosen people above others". If it makes people feel better to believe so, then so be it. It is a primitive belief, and causes many conflicts. But whatever.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
oups, did not mean to hit reply
my apologizes

[edit on 7/28/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
~~

Does this apply??

~Bible~scripture

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you:
and you shall be hated of All Nations for my Name's sake.

The Jew, like any other religion, view themselves as the elect religion,
and any scriptures prophecies being fufilled takes on added importance

because an act of fufillment of prophecy is a proof that their
religions scriptures are from God and underscores their belief in the
preeminence of their religion.

in short, the Jews welcome the slings & arrows of scorn by other
'inferior' religions, because hate & anti-semitism is further proof that
they are a chosen people, and will/must rise to the obstacles before them.

kinda like the Buddhist acceptance of stress/strife/turmoil/adversity
in life as a desired character building function

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not to take away from this thread, but I have a similar question.

Why do people hate people of African origin? Seriously. With no other race has there been such a concerted effort to justify ill treatment against.

Hell, people who are considered great scholars, scientists, etc. worked or helped to dismiss black people from the human race. From Nietzche to Thomas Jefferson, these people maintained the inferiority of blacks as FACT. Countless "scientists" worked doggedly to find evidence of this.

Jews have had a hell of a time throughout history, don't get me wrong. But now, many people are pulling for them. This is great, it's about time. At the same time, black people are still having a rough time and no one gives a damn. I only need 1 word (AFRICA) to show that this is the case.

As for why people hate Jews, I say it's the whole Jesus killer thing, stereotypes, the "Chosen Ones" BS, and just plain old bigotry.:shk:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Let's keep to the topic please.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu

WOW!!!!! this post was great. if these are all actual quotes, then it makes me love the Jewish ppl even more!! God might say that all ppl are created the same, but HE only chose 1 group of ppl to be HIS, the Jews!!

[edit: shortened quote to relevant content]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

Oh, yeah...

It might also be posts like this. I don't know which was worse, the quotes or the fact that this guy actually LIKES these quotes.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to punch someone in the mouth. You let Neo-Nazis say stuff like this, people will have a field day decrying it. But, Jewish people say it, and we have people like Snazuolu commending it.

The "Jews are the Chosen Ones" thing is *SNIP retarded. It's REALLY getting old, now. Besides the obvious problem that the Abrahamic god is a mythical creature, like Ra or Zeus, we have other people who have said the same thing. (Nazis, Aztecs, Nation of Islam, etc.)

Why is everyone ok with Jewish people calling themselves the chosen ones? It's the biggest load of poosh!t I've seen in a long time...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Middle East Conflict Forum Posting Conduct – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Why do people hate people of African origin? Seriously. With no other race has there been such a concerted effort to justify ill treatment against.

That would probably differentiate depending on what time frame you were discussing and what geographical location they reside in. In America, its been common since slavery.

First, they were hated upon because they were nothing but slaves. Once slavery ended and they were allowed to actually get paid for work, many white people saw it as a threat to their livlihood, due to their fear of the possibility that they may loose their jobs (similar to the way many other immigrants are looked at today). It was during this time that hate groups began to pop up around the states (kkk)etc.

Recently (1950-present) I believe that the media portrayal of African American males as gangsters or drug dealers. The media have focused on the negative aspects of the black community (drug use, criminal activity, welfare abuse) while maintaining the cycle of poverty that the government/elite want.

Basically by keeping the poor poor (by keeping wages down) it makes it almost impossible for many to have a realistic chance at having a good life, which means many may end up engaging in illegal activities to help support his/her family.

Its all a vicious cycle

INTREPID: Sorry,started the post before I saw your post if you want to delete this, go ahead

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It might also be posts like this. I don't know which was worse, the quotes or the fact that this guy actually LIKES these quotes.

If that be the case, they ARE entitled to THEIR opinion, as are you. no?

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to punch someone in the mouth. You let Neo-Nazis say stuff like this, people will have a field day decrying it. But, Jewish people say it, and we have people like Snazuolu commending it.

Your first "comment" doesn't even warrant a response, and is actually pushing the boundaries of the Terms and Conditions. As for the latter, Again, the member has posted their thoughts and opinions, which they Are entitled to, as are you. However, once again, your "comments" seem to push the envelope with regards to addressing the post and Not the poster.

The "Jews are the Chosen Ones" thing is #ing retarded. It's REALLY getting old, now. Besides the obvious problem that the Abrahamic god is a mythical creature, like Ra or Zeus, we have other people who have said the same thing. (Nazis, Aztecs, Nation of Islam, etc.)

Whether or not you agree with what you have quoted is fine. However, the manner in which you have chosen to express such is Not. Censors or no censors, I feel certain you have the ability to express yourself in a more civil manner that demonstrates a respect for other's opinions, as well as appropriate discussion board etiquette.

Why is everyone ok with Jewish people calling themselves the chosen ones? It's the biggest load of sh!t I've seen in a long time...

Once again, there is absolutely No problem with asking such a question, but to do so in a manner that requires editing by board censors will draw questions as to your desire for civil discourse.

If you have Any questions regarding my comments I would ask that you Please review the contents of the following links.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette
Terms & Conditions Of Use
Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors

[edit on 7/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well, I think it's like what's been said, with religion, christianity blames/d the judaen peoples for the death of Jesus.
Than with the M-E peoples it's because some nitwits decided to force the rightful people from there lands and give it to a religious group.

I personally don't hate anyone, and I've known Jewish people before, and of the ones I've known, I've never had a problem with them, perhaps because they were'nt very religious, but in general I don't like Israel, and really anyone who considers themselves better than others.

I dislike Israel because, well the whole thing about them just getting the land, there actions this year, there conceadedness, and the fact that they have modern nuclear weaponry.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great topic

I have heard how evil the Jews are all my life and have refused to bite ... but I tell ya it's hard not to see why so many people do hate them now. I refuse to be ignorant about it though, I will not harbour any hate to a whole race of people because of the actions of a few imbeciles who call the shots but I won't ever support them either.

Agree with many of the posts here about why, it's simple why arabs hate them, they occupy land which is not rightfully theirs.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is no doubt that there are people who hate Jews for being Jews, that is the same for every religion and race. The fact that Jews need their own term for what everyone else calls racism points to one of the reasons Jews cop flak. The manner in which Israel was created and treat the Palestinians is also another reason Jews cop flak. Not to mention the ignorance that permeated history for all races and religions, not just Judaism.

With that being said, the use of the word anti-semite has been used as a weapon to silence any critical mention or discussion of Israel and its actions. This is where I lay the blame squarely at the Zionists. They have sought to protect their secular and usually illegal activities under the banner of Judaism. If anyone questions their activities they immediately seek to silence and sideline them by calling them an anti-semite.

To be anti-semitic or an anti-semite you have to hate Jews or say something hateful about some one because they are Jewish. But that is not how the term is regularly used now, if you say anything critical of Israel you are instantly an anti-semite. That is not fair and a completely synical exploitation of the real prejudice Jews face.

The very influential Israel lobby in America (AIPAC) uses this strategy of labelling people anti-semites to ensure their interests are furthered in the US congress. If anyone dares to question American financial, political or diplomatic support for Israel they are called an anti-semite and AIPAC will fund a challenger for their seat in the next election. It has been done many times by AIPAC.

Due to this tactic the United States congress is hamstrung and beholden to Israel when it comes to decide what support they may or may not authourize for Israel. That is why the United States has provided Israel $1.6 trillion in aid and support since its creation and continues to give Israel billions of dollars in aid annually. This continues even though Israel is the World's 16th largest economy and has its own military arms industry.

This AIPAC influence dictates all the United States Middle Eastern policies and has done for decades. Ever wondered why the United States has never raised any objections to Israel since Eisenhower? It is not because Israel is holier thant thou, it is that individuals in Congress simply cannot survive politically if they do. It matters not whether the policy is good for the United States, if it is good for Israel it is passed.

This has directly lead the United States to go from a country revered internationally to a country reviled. The United States continued and unquestioning support of Israel is not good for the United States interests in the slightest and has jeapordized Americans personal and economic saftey.

These are some of the reasons I believe Jews and particularly Israel are hated. But you cannot lump criticism of Israel into the same category as those who hate Jews for being Jews. They are the anti-semites, not people like me who question Israel and say so.

[edit on 28/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
is that what my post shows?
Why would I dislike Jews when one has directly provided for me over the course of my childhood? Why was Israel created when no other countries around the globe are given land back that they lost through warfare decades after the fact? what makes them so special? I don't think you understand the definition of special. Israel is special that they were given this land out of the blue.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

France was given their land back after the Germans occupying it were defeated in WWII.

Pokey Oats

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
France was given their land back after the Germans occupying it were defeated in WWII.

Pokey Oats

There's a difference between the two, France has existed for hundreds of years, and was taken over, and the government of France existed even while France was being controlled by the Germans, and that did'nt last very long, in comparison.

However, the Jewish people left of there own accord over a millenia ago.
One could say Israel invaded the country that was there.

Sorry if you were wanting the original poster you were quoting to respond, just felt like I should point that out.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Pokey Oats

Um, no. The German's occupied as you stated. The French weren't displaced.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Pokey Oats

Germany occupied the land during a war. Similar to how US is occupying Iraq. It is in no way related/similar to the Israel/Palestine situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Pokey Oats

I think you will find that quite a number of the French were displaced and only returned after France was liberated from the Germans.

How about the Australian Aboriginees then. They were displaced with the colonization of Australia but later on were given the Northern Territory and (I'm being faceitous here) Redfern in Sydney.

Pokey Oats

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Pokey Oats

I think you will find that quite a number of the French were displaced and only returned after France was liberated from the Germans.

How about the Australian Aboriginees then. They were displaced with the colonization of Australia but later on were given the Northern Territory and (I'm being faceitous here) Redfern in Sydney.

Pokey Oats

OK, keep banging the drum, maybe someone will dance.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy

Pokey Oats

The German High Command under Generaloberst Alfred Jodl surrendered unconditionally all remaining German forces on May 7 in Reims, France.

Germany didn't just "give back" the land, the Allied's won it. It is in no way related/similar to the Israel/Palestine situation.

But was not the area of Palestine that was to become Israel occupied and controlled by the British in WWII? I'm sure I remember reading about the British moving tanks etc. throught that area to take on the Germans in the desert around Egypt.

So, if it was occupied and controlled by the British why can't they give it to whomever they please?

Wars, particularly World Wars tend to redefine borders and in the same way that Germany was carved up between east and west, Palestine was carved up and a predominant part of it was turned into Israel.

That said, if it was British Imperialism that was responsible for the conquering of that land, why don't the Palestinians and the Arabs hate the British?

Pokey Oats

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
G'day all,

From what I seen, Jews are a very hypocritical lot of people - they cry misery and suffering from Hitler's holocaust, and they themselves have perpetrated almost the same acts upon their newfound enemies in Palestine.

In the three or four years after the State of Israel was created, the jews killed in excess of 10million Palestinians in their blodd thirsty grab for land. What hypocricy after they themselves enduring a holocaust, they put one upon another peoples in only a handful of years after the end of the second world war.

Jews cry they are the victims of terrorism: hypocriocy to an extent again. The State of Israel was born out of terrorism for the jewish people were running a guerilla and terrorist war from day one against the Arab people to try and secure more land for themselves. This has continued to today. Most of Israels presidents have had a terrorist background, Menechem Begin had said himself the following:

"Our race is the master race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by a leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as slaves."

infowars.com...

The above quote doesn't sound much different from the quote of Hitler from the past.

Rabbi Yaacov Perin quoted the following in the NY Daily news Feb 28 1994 page 6,

"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail"

It's a clear case of the oppressed becoming the oppressor. Did you know that in Israel, the Palestinians have to have different coloured liscence plates from the Israelies to distinguish them? Sounds just like Hitler with the yellow stars that the jews wore.

Did you know Israel alots 85% of Palestinian water resources for jews the remaining 15% is divided among the Palestinians in the territories?

One of the reasons why the jew is hated.....the double standards.
Jews live within closely knit ghetto type communities around the world and only buy and sell a majority of the time within their own peoples.
Jews criticized Hitler for wanting racial purity yet they promote the same policies within the state of israel.

The jewish lobby having managed to controlled alot of the major US corporation clearly influences the US Congress via financial means. Why is it that no other nation on Earth worships Israel to the extent that the US does? Israel says jump and the US gladly says how high.
You all wonder how jews are loathed all over the world yet no body wants to view the evidence of jewish racism and jewish attrocities. Everybody turns a blind eye to it all but when somebody else purpotrates it, they are labelled racist, anti-semite!
The USA and it's people have been duped for a long time and the jewish/american coalition has been the reason the USA has been the target of terrorism. It's plain and simple.

You want peace, it is achieveable overnight, but the USA and Israel do not want to budge because they are greedy and allways want MORE!

Get the Israelies out of the occupied territories and get the USA out of the Middle-East and you might even see a Bin Laden video saying "Thankyou for finalling listening to us"

If someone forced themselves into my backyard and refused to leave and had a gun with them, i'd be doin whatever I could to get them out....even attacking their own backyard. It's the law of survival.

In conclusion, so many people in history over such a long time could not have been all that wrong over jews. They have manipulated peoples affairs and double crossed many communities all over Europe and the US, which is why it is not only Arabs that aren't fans of the jew. The sooner they change their attitudes the sooner we can get along with them

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join