It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infra-red, see-through-anything satellites?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was wondering, isn't it possible to use like a really high powered satellite to gain images about the structure of Area 51, I mean, be able to see anything inside hangars, below the ground (to a certain depth)?

I'm sure this technology exists. Isn't that kind of technology allowed on sats that orbit in that area???

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Extremely low-frequency radar might give you some information about which below ground areas are hardened. But they might also only show you were bedrock is.

Have you considered circumscribing area 51 with sonic pulsers and soundwave reading devices?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you could hack into certain government satellites, you could read what is on some computer screens in area 51, assuming someone forgot to adequately shield someplace.

There is a common myth circling the net about this. And there is a skeptical rebuttal stating that it cannot be done. However, the rebuttal is flawed as it makes a false assumption about the way the technology works. Therefore, as usual with secret stuff, there is no need for disinfo, as the community provides it for itself.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah, both those ideas sound interesting. But I guess most anyone who has the money to launch a satellite, probably has some "agenda" and would cross the government like that. Although, with much greater privatisation happening in the AeroSpace industry, that should change soon. Every year it gets cheaper and cheaper to launch a satellite and keep it up there.

I'm sure in the movie (i know their just movies) Alien Vs Predator, they use some sort of satellite technology to get an actual 3D rendering dozens if not hundreds of feet below the thick ice. Is that possible?

How does that seeing whats on a computer screen idea work? Does the satellite pickup the signal coming off a VGA cable or something? Aren't those cables usually shielded?

Look4Answers

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I was wondering, isn't it possible to use like a really high powered satellite to gain images about the structure of Area 51, I mean, be able to see anything inside hangars, below the ground (to a certain depth)?

I can't see how. There are ways to image a lot of stuff. DARPA's working on a way to image inside buildings from the ground, but that method won't work through metal buildings, nor from a big distance. And they're not there yet. What you might be thinking of is a high resolution thermal image. You could probably come over at dawn or sundown and see thermal anomalies that would tell you where underground structures were, or what buildings were in use.

There's a gadget you don't know about that can map an underground area looking for bunkers, but that's not really out yet either.

Extremely low-frequency radar might give you some information about which below ground areas are hardened. But they might also only show you were bedrock is.

GPR would give you a sort of crude look at it but you couldn't do that from orbit.

If you could hack into certain government satellites, you could read what is on some computer screens in area 51, assuming someone forgot to adequately shield someplace.

Hack into a satellite? Do you think they're on the internet? Or are you talking about constructing an uplink and somehow discovering the control code set?

And I guess I'm among the people with the inadequate rebuttals, because you would have one really tough time van Eck'ing someone from a satellite, amongst thousands of other computer users in the footprint.

At any rate, we're talking Area 51 here, and I'm pretty sure they take Tempest seriously.

I'm sure in the movie (i know their just movies) Alien Vs Predator, they use some sort of satellite technology to get an actual 3D rendering dozens if not hundreds of feet below the thick ice. Is that possible?

No.

How does that seeing whats on a computer screen idea work? Does the satellite pickup the signal coming off a VGA cable or something? Aren't those cables usually shielded?

Here's the original article that kicked it all off back in '85. The military and spooks had known since the '60s. I saw a neat gadget once that you could plug into a wall socket and it would copy traffic from any IBM Selectric on that wiring branch to a TI Silent 700. Fun.

www.uninett.no...

The trick is that the video amplifiers in CRTs emit EM signals that leave the CRT and can be picked up from a distance, allowing reconstruction of the display.

The article's conditions for doing this at a distance involves the CRT being pretty much isolated. If you have a number of them in the same area, you get them all sort of mushed together, not quite so useful. And LCDs don't radiate nearly as much.

The military usually has critical stuff operating inside a SCIF or other emission controlled areas, and from those you won't be getting anything at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is kind of off=topic. I'm trying to shield myself as much as possible. I have microwave blocking material on walls and ceilings and I live in a grounded metal building. How would you shield yourself from eavesdroppers. I know I'm being eavesdropped upon but don't have a clue as to how it is being done. Any pointers?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When you say 'eavesdrop', what sort do you mean?

Sound? Your web traffic? Phones?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Grasshopper, are you serious?

What have you to fear if you have not done anything wrong?

But anyway, almost every piece of electronic information you send inter-state or over-seas is picked up by the Echelon system. Sooo, while I'm at it, gun, nuclear weapon, Al-Qaeda, usama bin laden, president, assassinate!

If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what's happened . . .

There are many ways to eavesdrop, so you'll have to be more specific.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lol, watch_the_rocks. You forgot to add the keyword "Nitrate"

Tom has the ideas behind the idea covered.

Grasshopper, I've been posting here for a few months, and I remember many of your posts as they have been quite vivid. But I do start to worry about your mental health when you talk about eavesdropping and covering your room in foil. This sounds like borderline schizotypal paranoia.

You need to be really careful not to go over the edge into a mentally unsound state. Its important to realize that it is unlikely that you are being spied upon, and that if you were, you would never know it. Most of what you worry about is most likely in your head. Real life is far more unpredictable than what you are worrying about.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
When you say 'eavesdrop', what sort do you mean?

Sound? Your web traffic? Phones?

That is a hard question to answer. I'm the type of guy when I would go to one of those performances by people who read minds I was always the guy whose mind they could read. I remember one time in college the person had a huge audience of people write down a question and put it into a bowl. He then wuold pull out the slip of paper and hold it over his head and tell the person their question and answer it for them. Of course, he pulls out mine and tells me all kinds of stuff about myself that had nothing to do with my question. People can very easily read my mind for some reason. Which makes it very difficult for me to determine how much of this knowledge they have about me is from mindreading and how much is electronic survellience. The point is that it is difficult for me to know when technology is being used against me or if it is just mindreading or what they call remote sensing.

Without a doubt there is eavesdropping on my e-mail. It was easy for me to find out because the people doing the eavesdropping went out of their way to make sure I knew I was being eavesdropped upon. I know who is doing it. As you can understand, I can not mention names here. But I can tell you that there are lots of people in the media business, as well as politicians, and others who are involved. It's been going on since at least the 90's. There is a faction of right wing Christians who are trying to self=fulfill their beliefs about revelation and tribulations etc who have brought about this eavesdropping system. It is the very same people who are also trying to tell everybody and warn people about it. The same Christians who told us for years it was coming tried to save face by self-fulfilling their own predictions much the same way they self-fulfilled a lot of other beliefs they had, i.e. the seven year tribulation they said began in 1993 when Clinton started peace talks and the violence that erupted about 3 and 1/2 years later according to their beliefs. The self-fulfillment of the King of Terror Prophecy in 1999 with the air war in Yugoslavia. The same people who bring these so=called "privacy advocates" onto their radio shows will attack anyone who claims they are being eavesdropped upon. They themselves are deeply into the eavesdropping going on. They will try to tell you no one is eavesdropping on you and you are just paranoid. That the only thing happening is that certain key words are checked by computers at the NSA. While this is certainly not the case. What is actually going on is being kept secret until they can make it legal with legislation. This started happening to me before I started seeing UFO's by the way. Who knows how long this eavesdropping has been going on. It may have been going on since before Bush. Bush is an extreme right wing Christian in my view. Clinton was supposed to have been on our side up until Waco. Then he changed sides and did everything the extremists on the right wanted him to do. If you elect another extremist Christian this kind of stuff will continue. It just makes them look like they were right all along and instead of dead wrong when they self-fulfill all their dire predictions about big brother and eavesdropping and 666. I can still remember as far back as the late 80's some of these very influential right wing Christians talking about how they was going to use the devil's technology for God's purposes. They themselves set up the system that they predicted for years and believe that since it is them who is doing the eavesdropping that that somehow makes it a good thing and not a bad thing. You tell me what George Bush was thinking when he reportedly said words to the effect, "....as long as I'm the dictator..." It seems to me he thinks much like these others who set up their eavedropping system and thinks it's okay to have a dictator as long as it is someone like him, an extremist right wing Christian. If that is what he was thinking then he's clearly evil and insane in my view.

But to get back to your question I'm looking toa block any kind of eavesdropping. And I have no idea what kind of technology they may be using. But I am definitely a target and have been for quite some time. Any pointers?

[edit on 29-7-2006 by grasshopper]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Grasshopper, I've been posting here for a few months, and I remember many of your posts as they have been quite vivid. But I do start to worry about your mental health when you talk about eavesdropping and covering your room in foil. This sounds like borderline schizotypal paranoia.

You need to be really careful not to go over the edge into a mentally unsound state. Its important to realize that it is unlikely that you are being spied upon, and that if you were, you would never know it. Most of what you worry about is most likely in your head. Real life is far more unpredictable than what you are worrying about.

He, he. Let me laugh at you for awhile my unfriend. Either you are covering up. Or you're not too bright. Not nearly as bright as you think you are. I have been fighting this battle for years and it's been the interference of people like you that has constantly been in my way. I'm just waiting for one of you morons to go too far and do more than just damage my reputation with your slander. Make me a rich man. Do one of those Interventions you morons keep talking about.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Grasshopper,

I'm not really sure how to respond. Hm.

First off, are you into any sort of occupation where anyone would WANT to eavesdrop on you? Sure, I'd bet that a lot of high profile people get periodic 'personal attention'. I got little visits from time to time and a guy calling me once a quarter reminding me that my military NDAs were still in force for eight years after I ETS'd. That's a bit off-putting. And I wasn't anything special, it was a pretty big waste of taxpayer's money.

There's guys around here in some of the bars at times that are pretty obviously ONI looking to see if some of the Navy fellas are spouting off when they shouldn't. Probably counting how many drinks they've had. Maybe it's just some overly crew-cut spit-and-polish gay guys that look like Narcs that are cruising for Navy pilots and drinking Cokes while they pretend to be drunk.
But it would be my guess they're Intel of some sort.

I'd bet a lot of politicians get 'surprise attention' and never know it.

But if you are, say, the guy that sells lawn mowers at Sears (I don't know) then you have to wonder if you might be over-reacting to random crap tossed at you by fate and destiny. Is there a reason someone would want to eavesdrop on YOU, in particular?

To really mount an in-depth 24/7 surveillance on someone is expensive in terms of manpower and equipment. To keep it up around the clock would be pretty darned expensive for these right wing Christians, especially if there were a lot of people that they had to monitor.

Do you think it might at least be POSSIBLE that you've misinterpreted this evidence you have?

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well thanks for not being offensive. I'm not going to go into my situation. I get the question a lot about why anybody would want to eavesdrop on me. And it is really an unfair question. To really know the truth you'd have to ask the people who are doing it. So of course, I'm not going to be competely accurate in my perceptions of other people's motives. Unless they come right out and tell me then my perceptions are just that. But let's just say that I'm very politcally incorrect and that people are after me for that reason. You've seen the way right wingers hunt down people who they call liberal. When I used to be a Christian years ago I was not a main stream Christian. They wanted to discredit me and they dug very very deep into my past and found some stuff that I did, that was wrong, when I was around 7 to 10 years old. It's the kind of stuff kids do when they are that age. I was a little handsy with the opposite sex. I've been made to look like a sexual preditor and have seen one set up after another by people who want to see me "pay". Oh, and I did inhale for a couple of years as a teenager. Believe it or not they are after me still for that after 30 years. But that was not the original reason why they were after me. Then when I started seeing UFO's in the late 90's and the people who already were watching me hoping I'd do something criminal that they could nail me for got wind of it and the monitoring got 100 times worse. That's just my perception of events. No, I am not paranoid. And I'm getting quite sick of people who are in no position to know one way or another jumping to conclusions about me and being highly offensive with their psuedo psychological remarks. It is quite offensive. It's a lot worse than scoffing and ridicule in my opinion and they should be banned the way I see it. I have had people tell me years ago that the F.B.I. had been around asking questions about me. I thought at the time that it must have been because of my enlistment in the army where I knew zero classified information but they did do background checks. But then I found out years later that I have relatives that were allegedly involved in the mafia in a city here in the U.S. And that a major mafia person who has the exact name as my greatgrandfather who immigrated from Italy had been indicted in Italy. I did not know any of this until recently and suppose that may be the reason for the survellience. I hear the F.B.I. was at my grandfather's funeral taking down license plate numbers, etc. However, I myself have no dealings with any mafia. I think they were exploring this when they were looking for some dirt on me that they could use to smear me. I could tell you stories. All of which would sound competely paranoid to someone who hasn't gone through it myself. Don't assume that you are up to speed on all the governments eavesdropping tools. I'm sure that many are not public knowledge. They are only telling you about something like echelon and presenting it in such a way that it looks harmless to anyone who isn't doing anything wrong. No way is that the case.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, I don't know that it's THAT unfair of a question. If you had come back and said "My uncle's the ambassador to Saudi Arabia" then we would have a very different chat than if you said you were the guy that sells comic books at the mall.

In one case, it would be more obvious what the reason was, albeit maybe not so obvious as to WHO was doing it.

Ok, just saw your update. Now, I could see THAT having some bearing. Maybe.

Um, I dunno, I do a lot of design for the gubmint. I have designed little in-line ethernet devices that could be stuck in someone's drop in a building. Fun times. You could stick this thing behind a pipe or something, clip the line and insert this in. It would copy all the packets to another IP, or just ones that met certain criteria, or throw some IPs on the floor and not others etc.

I'm a little hesitant to go over the things you might run into if the Feds are really on your case, because I don't want to upset you. I'm still not sure why they'd be after you to that depth, but if you really tweak them off and they can justify the expenditure, it's pretty hard to avoid their 'attentions'.

Have you considered filing a FOIA, just to see what you get back?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you can go to google earth and find an image of area 51 but not the white house. think about that. if the government dont want you to see it, you most likely won't.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Grasshopper, can you describe the kind of UFOs you've been seeing? Have you taken any photographs or movies of them? I would love to see them!

And finally, why is it that you think your UFO sightings are connected to those comments you made about being "watched"?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the internet. If they got some warrant to go through an ISP then I'm guessing there isn't much I could do. I can't go to the library everytime I use the internet. It's a question of privacy to me not that I have anything to hide. The fact that my privacy is being invaded really does bother me quite a lot. Believe it or not, I did not know that all this eavesdropping was going on to the extent that it was until I started seeing U.F.O.'s. They told me about it. In very great detail in fact. The way I see it it is out of my hands. I just try to ignore it the best I can. If "they" do something about it then so be it. Contrary to what some nutters try to tell you. The aliens aren't here to help the anti=Christ set up his global survellience system and they aren't giving the governmnet chips to use to aid them in this project. The evil eavesdroppers are the government not the aliens. The aliens are not helping them in this.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So those UFOs gave you that information that you are being watched? How did they tell you this? Did they use telepathy?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang_ke
So those UFOs gave you that information that you are being watched? How did they tell you this? Did they use telepathy?

Very good question. The power went out one night on the block where I live, maybe the whole town, I can't remember. I was in the yard when I first felt a presence. I went into the house. And I can't quite remember exactly what I was seeing but it wasnt an alien in the sense of a hard body. But what appeared to me at the time to be two life forms literally went inside my web tv unit (which is what I used for a computer in those days) and another went down the telephone line. They said they were going to check to see something. I can't remember the exact words. But what they said was essentially they were going to follow the line to see where the source of the eavesdropping was coming from. I know you are laughing your head off now.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No, I'm not laughing at all! I take what you are saying very seriously. You see, in the spring of 1994, I went through something similar to a kundalini awakening for lack of a better way to describe it. I've been a meditator for most of my adult life.
And during that time, I was contacted by invisible energies who told me that they were located on the moon where they also gave me a new term that at the time I had never heard of before. That term was ZERO POINT. A little later, after going through a few books at my library and a bookstore (this was before I became computer literate. At that time I didn't have a computer at home and my library didn't have them either; except for the librarians), I realized that they were referring to ZERO POINT ENERGY.
A lot of other things happened at that time too but a few years later, I saw a UFO.

So as you can see, I'm hardly one to tell someone else that their experiences are impossibly bizarre because I've had some pretty weird experiences myself and they still continue to this day.

If you are saying that these beings are in contact with you, you've got plenty of company because there are many of us out there who have had similar (or close to it) experiences to what yours have been.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by wang_ke]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join