It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) 11:59

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
“So Bernard, Do you want to tell me why you did it?”
“ I didn’t”
“Well, the witnesses say you did”
“Those witnesses are wrong!! They are prejudiced, and wrong! They saw a black man with dreadlocks and so I’m automatically guilty.”
“Are you telling me that all 5 of those witnesses are wrong?”
“I know they are.”
“Unfortunately for you the jury didn’t agree.”
“No $#!+”
“…….”
“…….”
“Bernard, we’ve been sitting here for a half hour in silence. Our time is almost up. Don’t you want to talk?”
“What’s there to talk about? I’m going to die”
“And how does that make you feel?”
“Pretty damn $#!++/. You know what? F*** ‘em all! They’ve never done anything for me, so f*** ‘em!”
“Is that how you want to leave this world? Hating everyone? Mad at the world?
“…..”
“Bernard?”
“WHAT!! Are you going to tell me about Jesus now? Are you going to tell me how I only have a half hour to accept Jesus or I’m going to burn forever?”
“No. I’ve known you for all of your 29 years. I remember you interrupting my sermons crying as a baby. I remember you shuffling around in your pew, and putting splinters in little Courtney Delaney’s hair. I saw you grow into a good honest man, who never listened to me. Never came to me at those times when he needed it the most”
“I never did like that place.”
“ I know, and even when you stopped coming you never strayed too far. You were always a good person. Even if you didn’t call yourself Christian, you were a good one, except for the Christ thing.”
“Well, look where it got me. Look a them. They’re outside right now, thirsting for my blood.”
“That’s their problem, not yours.“
“You’re right, I’ve got bigger issues. Do you think he’ll call?”
“Who? Your dad?”
“No! The Governor! The one who can actually save my life“
“Bernard, sit down.”
“If you go into a Jesus rant right now, I swear I’ll call the guard and get it over with right now.”
“ I know you don’t believe in Jesus. I want you to know that that’s okay.”
“What? Why’d you say that?”
“I’m old. I’ve known many people. Many good people, from many places. I’ve found God through my lord. I know God through the love of Jesus and his teachings. I‘ve known men who know God through their love for mankind. I’ve know those who know God through their study of the universe, and it’s perfection. I’ve known those who know God by saving a life, or simply through love. Bernard I know you know God. I can see it in your eyes. You know love, and you know that you are loved. ”
“………………..(snff)”
“No matter what happens today, remember how you know God. Keep him with you.

(Clink)

Warden- “It’s Time”

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
very nice, touching and a little intense. I enjoyed reading your entry and thank you for your participation.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A good entry. ^^what worldwatcher said exactly^^

new topics

join